Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Star Wars: My Miscellaneous Collection - UPDATE!!!

The toy line from a galaxy far far away! The section for fans of the movies, comics, vintage and modern toylines (Kenner, Hasbro Star Wars Black, etc), the Clone Saga, the WOTC miniatures game and more!

Re: Star Wars: My Miscellaneous Collection - OT SOUNDTRACKS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:38 am

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Image

My super special Star Wars Deluxe Soundtrack Collection Box Set! Oh man, this is one of My prized SW items of all-time too! My Mom got it for My 15th Birthday in 1996 (that was one of My most memorable ones ever!) and I was really, really surprised she got it for Me because I had no idea it existed back then (this was before the time of the web in general). She may have gotten it at Peaches/Sound Warehouse Records (It was Peaches before that---gosh that place was awesome!) but I think she got it at some cool store at Crestwood Plaza Mall. Anyway, if you read My commentary in My Video Game topic then you know I love movie music, My Grandpa did too, he taught Me how to respect & love it. He had the SWOT on vinyl records and we played the heck outta of them. We upgraded to CD sometime later. Anyway this special set has four discs, 3 from the OT and one bonus CD with alternatives and never before released material which this was a big deal then till they released the special edition OT complete movie scores some years later. This also included a large and thick but fantastic booklet of art, pics of John Williams and so forth. This was when SW was so fun!

So since I'm getting to the nitty-gritty of the Original Trilogy I thought I'd extend My SW Score Set even further because that is a very special set I have noted above. This will be an awesome update :batsmile:

Even though My Mom got Me this for My 15th Birthday in 1996, this special set actually was released in 1993 which was 30 years ago this year :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: I hope there's still other people out there there that has this collection and cherishes it because there wasn't a set like it before nor since. I have read recent comments from people that actually was late at buying it as recent as 2016 and was praising it so at least there's some out there ;) Here is the 1993 Copyright & More plus the back of the cover with the great Star Wars scores and even the Outtakes that is featured :!:

I have explained how SW made it's comeback in the early 90s throughout My great topic especially with My recent Micro Machines showcase. Now this was the first time that Star Wars had a treatment like this on Compact Disc I mean this was pretty big back then if you were a fan of the franchise and you loved the music. No serious SW fan should skip something of this magnitude of grandeur. In fact this really was the first major item of media that was made during this great period of time however you could consider, count and coincide the Video Games that I showcased here Rebel Assault & SNES' Star Wars Trilogy that was around this great time as well. Now this was originally going to be a FIVE-DISC Set but since Lucas was already planning the Special Edition Trilogy (see My VHS Special in My previous showcase for his special interview) they ran into issues and had to scrap the whole second bonus disc which My-o-My how cool that would have been :roll: Now usually I want nice & clear pictures but I made an exception because the fronts of the jewel cases are so dark a glare on My pics actually helps see them more clearly :)

Here is the backs of the jewel cases. You can click them in a new tab for massive detail.

Again here is the 4th bonus disc with the Outtakes, it's truly one of a kind edition with alternative cues that was never released before and it's the longest of all of the CDs which is over an hour which i always prefer. I know PB said in My Vintage Wrestling Theme CD Collection showcase that you can go to YouTube and listen to these in five seconds. Sure it's a convenient way but really, trying getting all of this original material in this order and most of all it doesn't compare to the special time this was from not to mention the Case & Booklet it has included I mean those are some big time collector's items within themselves :!:

Now here's inside of the jewel cases. I love the CDs of this set. Like I had explained in My Vintage Wrestling Topic's Wrestling Theme CD Collection showcase of when they were making CDs more fancy, they were experimenting then in the early 90s but it was mostly with special editions & collector's sets, not standard issues. These CDs are truly remarkable. The first three has concept art on them and here they are :batsmile:

A New Hope has Luke Skywalker as he first appeared as George Lucas' original intended concept of Luke Starkiller, stuff like this is in the great booklet seen above. Look at that :!:

Here's this one from The Empire Strikes Back with the Tauntaun concept being a bipedal reptilian creature that would eventually be the predecessor for The Blurrg: Beast of Burden seen in the 1985 Ewok: Battle for Endor film as well as The Mandalorian TV Show in recent times, so cool :batsmile:

For Return of the Jedi is really just a concept that was used for the scene when the heroes escape Jabba the Hutt and blow up his Sail Barge during the great battle at the The Pit of Carkoon :!:

Now here is a great one of The Outtakes and how apropos that they chose John Williams to be on this. Record companies never show the composers enough in their releases and countless times they don't even include one picture at all which really I believe led Me to know these great talented masters of music even further :batsmile:

Here is a look at the set...

and another with the back of the booklet.

Oh boy, here we go, this maybe the final showcase of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire as I may present with only bonuses here & there. As seen earlier within My big 2-Part SW: SOTE Showcase I first experienced this wonderful score over at Blockbuster Music in the year of change 1996 with My Mom. Fast forward she got it for Me for Christmas in 1999. I have played this countless times, more than any other SW Score and IMO it's the best and most fun of them all. I pity any big SW fan that has never heard this or even gave this a world. You do not know what your missing and once you hear it you will be hooked on it 4-Life :) Here is the front & back of the CD jewel case :batsmile:

Here's the inside with the inner booklet & CD, the booklet is just so exciting :!:

Here's another look at the cool blue CD and the 1996 Varèse Sarabande & Lucasfilm Copyright. Varèse Sarabande is a soundtrack specialty company that I have tons of scores from. Their really your most ideal company, even more than Intrada is which is hard to believe if you know movie scores :o

So inside the bookle we are greeted by Prince Xizor and a special word from the president of the company Varèse Sarabande, Robert Townson. He was best friends with the late great legendary Jerry Goldsmith and they released countless titles of his over the decades, even his wonderful rejected score to 2003's Timeline which this years marks it's 20th anniversary and that was such a treat :)

Now the booklet is really detailed as it shows the new places in this nearly forgotten story since the Disney takeover marks most if not all of this as legends :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: It tells all about it. A note from the composer Joel McNeely. I love Leia's Nightmare, this is the best version of the Carbon Freeze cue. I absolutely adore Battle of Gall, it's so fun to listen to and I love the choir in Imperial City, back then we never saw the location, SOTE was the first to show it and the music was made perfectly to envision it :!:

Beggar's Canyon Chase is also another fun one however I always thought it sounded like something that the late great legendary James Horner would write. Prince Xizor's theme is really haunting and the Seduction of Princess Leia has such a tremendous Waltz motif to it, so darn good :batsmile:

Here is a nice look at the Royal Scottish National Orchestra & Chorus as well as a look at the composer Joel McNeely, now this is how you make music :batsmile: :wwwink: :smgrin:

Like I noted in My great Composers topic, many composers start their careers as assistants to others then make their way to TV Shows & Video Games. This is exactly how Joel McNeely got his start and boy what a start it was. McNeely was basically hand picked by George Lucas & John Williams as he composed the The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles and won an Emmy for it. In the booklet it tells a lot about him which you can click in a new tab for maximized detail. In fact this booklet is most impressive as Lord Vader would say because it shows him a bit here. In 1997 he re-performed the complete score of Bernard Herrmann's 1960 Psycho as it was never released before with the same said orchestra above and in 1999 he would compose the score for the sci-fi horror film Virus which was a tremendous score. He would do much more later on. He is truly a great one :)

Here is the chorus, words & notes of Dha Werda Verda from The Destruction of Xizor's Palace, it's so extraordinary to listen to this epic piece of music, it's one of the greatest cues of ever, of all-time IMO :batsmile:

Here is a cool picture of the Millennium Falcon all of the info that you need to know about the score and all about the orchestra that made this possible plus another look at the 1996 Varèse Sarabande & Lucasfilm Copyright :batsmile:

Here's a special pic I took with the booklet folded out to reveal the fantastic poster that I have always loved and I placed My Vintage Kenner SOTE Dash Rendar with it since he wasn't on the cover for whatever reason. You can see him more and My entire collection as well as My SOTE FAN FICTION on the previous page in My great massive showcase :)

Finally here is My original Star Wars Score Box Set seen above with My Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire Score in all their great Classic Vintage beauty the way Star Wars is meant to be seen & heard IMO, look at that :batsmile:

Wow, I can't believe that I did that, it turned out so good :wwsmile: It's so great showcasing something like this from a time like that when SW was coming back :smgrin: I hope you liked this and were a bit surprised :) I hope you give all of this a go and check it out on YT or even consider acquiring it for yourself in a physical manner I mean it's all so fun and it's a such a great way to relive the days of when Star Wars was still superb :!: Next I will present one of My most anticipated entries and that will be the great PC Video Game Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight which is is arguably My favorite SW video games and this will be so radical, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:13 pm

Thank you for refreshing my memory about that lot CD set…I adored it when I had mine (parts of me thinks I still do, just need to look for it) but I’m pretty sure I sold it when I got the SPECIAL EDITION music

If this is true, I wish it weren’t
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:55 pm

Oh thanks Idiot Savant. I'm glad somebody else on here knew how wonderful these are. Well maybe you still got, these aren't something you just store away and don't think about the next day ya know, this is such a revolutionary set not to mention this year is it's 30th anniversary plus SOTE is arguably the best SW score ever IMO so that's another reason right there. Oh I have the Special Edition versions of the OT that was released in the early 2000s, they too are quite great and I will showcasing them in time as well. I keep both kinds because neither compares to each other and their from two different eras. Thanks for your reply Idiot Savant, I appreciate that :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Star Wars: My Miscellaneous Collection - DARK FORCES II!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:19 am

So here we go finally with Star Wars Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight. Originally this was going to be a huge, an absolutely massive showcase but ultimately I have decided to split it up and the second part will get it's own topic that will possibly feature much more from the franchise of Star Wars because there's so much to talk about and to show :o

With that known, Star Wars Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight is one of the greatest video games in the history of gaming and one of the best SW stories ever told over a decade before the unfortunate & dreaded Disney Takeover. It was released in the cool yet struggling year of 1997. It gave an additional interest to gamers to First Person Shooters-FPS though this didn't count for Me as I was already a major FPS player with the likes of legendary fun games like Wolfenstein 3D, Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Final Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, Shadow Warrior & GoldenEye 007 however this was a tremendous addition of adding yet another fantastic game to an already superb list of Mine and I hope others did the same as well because it was so fun. I'm quite grateful that I know how this era of gaming was, this generation has no clue how exciting it was. Dark Forces II was really a hugely anticipated game that really had not as much as advertisements that the epic Shadows of the Empire a year beforehand because of numerous reasons however the main two was that it was an original story that took place a while after The Battle of Endor and the other is that much of it was actually LIVE ACTION VIDEO that acted as a NEW MOTION PICTURE that would set up for Lucas' Episode 7, 8 & 9 that us major SW fans were supposed to get instead of the Disney Sequel Trilogy around two decades later. Sure stuff like this was done in a similar manner for previous games that I showcased like Rebel Assault but unlike those, these scenes are much longer and plays right into the game and really doesn't feel like a video game at all. As you know from following this topic that SOTE is My favorite SW story of ever of all-time because of the story, the way it was presented and that it was the very first multi-media project of the time of the huge year of change that was 1996 however Dark Forces II is truly the king of all SW games because of it's original & expanded upon Universe of characters that was played by some well known & familiar actors you saw in movies and/or TV shows and how it expanded onto other planets that was never seen before plus so much more. It was all done by George Lucas & his wonderful LucasArts company :)

So fast forward much in time, since Disney's conditioning of fans over the past decade or so this fantastic game has nearly been forgotten as people don't talk about it nor doing anything to make it live on & thrive :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: I do give them kudos a little bit that they kept some of it not all legends like Sullust for example which I'll get to in the next special. Well you cannot say that I have disregarded this because I'm gong to showcase the game within My own collection so get ready for a time that seemed like it was yesterday yet so long ago :)

Here's My actual game of Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight. I have always loved the Front & Back Covers of this classic :)

This game was so massive at the time in 1997 that they had to put it on 2 VCDs :o Here's My Double Video Compact Disc - 2 VCD set. Disc One has Kyle Katarn and Disc Two has Jerec on it, quite fitting if you ask Me ;)

Here's the totally awesome Instruction Booklet with 3 of the Seven Dark Jedi consisting of Boc, Jerec & Sariss. I love how PC Booklets were back then in the mid to late 90s as they were different from game consoles such as Super Nintendo & Sega Genesis. This was also during a time before companies starting cheapening out on cool stuff like this and when they were really creative before the 2000s arrived making us think that we know it all, that we shouldn't have personal items, that we should be interested and/or relying on the web & the web alone with crap like that was truly was the precursor of how this modern age became which makes Me really dislike this era even further :roll: I love Jedi Master Yoda's quote when you first open the Booklet up as well especially that background :batsmile:

So the book starts out with the radical Story, Playing Tips & Strategies which is really cool :)

Here's the part that is My favorite in any book where it shows the characters. Here's The Rebels, The 7 Dark Jedi, Scum, Droids, Creatures and even NPC's that are part in the fun environments with the stages of the game.

We see the rebels consisting of The Katarns, Jan Ors, WeeGee..

and the 7 Dark Jedi of Sariss, Boc, Jerec, Yun, Maw with captured Rahn and Gorc & Pic plus more :)

Now here's the Instruction Manual's climax. Look at that 1997 LucasFilm & LucasArts Copyright. Sometimes it's hard to believe how much time has gone by since this awesome game out because it seems like only a little while ago when I saw the huge hype and everything about it but it just had it's 25th anniversary last year in 2022 :o

So here is a special look at ALL of the PC Star Wars Video Games that I have greatly showcased like no other throughout this great topic of Mine :batsmile: There's Rebel Assault II, Shadows of the Empire, Dark Forces & Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: It pains Me that SW fans doesn't talk about these much if not at all thanks to Disney's conditioning however when it comes to classic SW it doesn't get much better than that I mean look at that wonderful history right there and since there's only a handful of classic SW fans out there now, I'm one of the only few people that will bring this back :!: Seeing these together truly reminds Me of how fun the return of SW was in the 90s and I'm quite thankful that I experienced it all back then when it all happen and that I was able to put this together for this very showcase of Mine :)

So they made a sequel called Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. While it had similar gameplay and still had Kyle Katarn & Jan Ors as your two main characters, it had no real motion picture to it at all, it didn't seem like a movie as it was just like a regular video game from the time with taking a less creative approach to it but then it was 2002, this was already a year or so later when things were being rushed with much less creativity that would ultimately be the precursor to where we are at this current state of just about anything :batsmh: :smsmh: :wwsmh: I own the PS2 digital version on PS4 but I really never got involved with it like I did with Dark Forces II, it just doesn't have the special feeling it had and the overall fun factor but that doesn't mean it's not a good game by any means however ;)

So that will conclude My showcase of My Star Wars Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight. Now like I said in the beginning of the presentation, I am going to create a separate topic that will include most of everything within it with the new characters, locations and much more as it will be a stunning Star Wars visual spectacular like you've never seen before plus the videos so be on the look out for that soon in time. Here's a tiny hint of it :batwink:

So I hope you liked this. Next will be one more great entry in the SW OT video game series and this will be none other than Rogue Squadron that was exclusive to the N64. It's a very special one to Me, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:29 pm

I never played any of the old games. I wish I did, but SW just wasn't on my radar back then. They look like they would've been fun back then and I wouldn't have been too old where I couldn't have invested the time in them. And some of the stories seemed good, like KOTOR. I have tried to catch up on many of the stories from that era. I like how in the old canon the comics, games, and books were all part of the same universe. It really made it expansive as opposed to video games being a separate out of continuity entity. It's a shame most of it as gone. As much as I enjoy the Mandalorian, and currently Ahsoka, it's all dampened knowing that no matter what, it all leads to the sequel trilogy anyway, and that sucks.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:46 am

Well that's a shame that you never played the SW games. Oh Lucas made sure it would all fit in and like I said, this game was originally setting up "his sequel trilogy". With this stuff of Disney, this is only one of the reasons I am the way I am about the whole situation. SW was so much funner back in the day and that's one of the reasons why I still love it hence so much of what I've already shown within this great topic of Mine ;)

OK, like I said, I'm going to make a separate topic and it will be FULL of Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight plus within this topic soon you'll see Rogue Squadron which is another classic SW game that was exclusive to the N64 so keep a look out for that. Thanks for your reply PB, I appreciate :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Star Wars: My Miscellaneous Collection - Rouge Squadron!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:27 am

Here we go with My next major SW showcase and it's one I've been waiting and wanting to do for quite some time...

LucasArts & Factor 5 Star Wars Rogue Squadron for the N64 has a very special place in My heart because of two reasons: 1. it came out in 1998, such a cool year and 2. and most of all because My Grandpa PoPo came home from his work at Sears and surprised Me with it because he knew how much I wanted it which I will talk about that in a bit :)

First before we get to My actual Game, here's My February, 1999 Game Informer Magazine which they were so great, just as fun as GamePro & Electronic Gaming Monthly. It was rad that Street Fighter is on the Front Cover. You can see a great recent deal of My GIM Resident Evil edition in My Great Video Game Collection Topic ;)

I love this wonderful Advertisement of SW Rogue Squadron as it's one of the coolest SW ones I've ever seen and that is still so valid as I speak :batwink: The hype was big, not as large as Shadows of the Empire in 1995 & 1996 but it was still quite memorable. I'm quite thankful that I got to experience how this all was in the beginning because there's never been another experience like it since nor will there ever be:)

Here's their review of the game, they actually praised it giving it a 8.75 which is a superb score. Look at the pic I took, you can read how their talking about the anticipation of Star Wars: Episode 1 The Phantom Menace which this was also such an experience to wait for. I recall most of this like it was last week, it was one of the most foreseeing times of ever of all-time seeing the Pizza Hut commercials, the Cups from 7-11 and the Action Figures at Sears and so much more :)

Within it they have Video Game Awards, Resident Evil 2 was the Playstation Game of the year...

SW Rogue Squadron was the Shooter Game of the Year :o

Here's the Back Cover which has Street Fighter Alpha 3 plus I included a special excerpt from the SW:RS Ad ;)

Now here's My actual Game. Look at how fantastic this looks. Here's the Front of the Box, Game Cartridge & Booklet :) Notice of the Box says it's Expansion Pak Enhanced. This originally came with Donkey Kong 64 which My Grandpa PoPo got Me as well. This was High Definition/HD before High Definition/HD was a thing that so many people now take for grated. This is also one of the big reasons why I chose N64 over other consoles because it was cooler having so many exclusive games that was only available on that very system so why choose others if you were only going to pick one ;)

Now here's a detailed look at the Booklet as this is one of the best looking ones ever included with a game.

Here's the overview story of the game...look at how gorgeous that is :batsmile:

Here is the Player's Craft/Ships. I have always loved these graphics...

Here's the Imperial Empire's Crafts & Defenses. I loved fighting that new Train, AT-AT and the new AT-PT ;)

Here's the Missions, Chapters & Characters. One of these is a two part mission on Kessel :shock: See two decades before Disney did the Solo movie, it was in this fantastic game :o

Now this was great, they have Sullust in the game which it was introduced in Dark Forces II that i recently showcased...it's one of My favorite worlds in all of SW :o It's cool about Wedge, General Rieekan & Crix Madine :batsmile:

Here's a special free Dark Horse Comic which Dark Horse made a lot of great SW Comics which I will show them in time. In the mean while you can see a special of Dark Horse I presented for Halloween just a few short weeks ago which that is a must see in My all crucial Odds & Ends :blbat: :blww: :blmm: :blhal: :blbaf:

So here's the climax of the Comic, as you can see this is one pretty jam-packed Instruction Booklet which is such an ideal kind. Here's the Back Cover ;)

Here's the 1998 Copyright and the Back of the Box :)

Gameplay Special Hidden Ships!!! I absolutely love the gameplay. LucasArts & Factor 5 sure knew how to make such great games. There's a ton of camera angles when you fly your ships...I love EA's modern 2015 Battlefront[/b] series but as good as they are, they lack so many angles & views that is in this game. As a really nice bonus, you can enter the code "Farmboy" and you can unlock and play as the Naboo Starfighter that would be a hint of one of the new ships in the upcoming prequel Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace. Oh it was something else waiting to see the film and this would be so cool back in the day when you could enter codes and do this stuff...kids today have no idea how it was unless they really want to do what their elders did which would be a very smart & good decision but I'm sure glad that I know and that I experienced arguably the best era in gaming history :)

There many other things like the Tie Interceptor, Millennium Falcon and even a crazy one like a 1960 Buick Electra :o

Special ENTRY :!: This will be a special one showing you about My Grandpa PoPo :)

My Grandpa loved bicycles and motorcycles they were a huge part of his life. He knew all the makes and all of that, he was a walking book of knowledge. He knew so much. I inherited a lot from him including this but still I don't think I'm as sharp as he was. He was the smartest man I knew. this was way before the web and he wouldn't need it anyway...he stayed away from computers. Only Radio & Stereo, TV and Nintnedo's & Tetris is all he would do and really need. He worked with extreme passion at the Bike Shop, So My Grandpa PoPo's boss Caesar wasn't appreciating him at the A&M Bike Shop for years :x Here's a picture of the shop. We lived right up the street and many times he'd walk there and back and I would be anticipating him coming home with My blue scooter he got Me there all the time :)

Me, My Mom & Grandma MiMi kept on telling Po to quit and work for Sears but you know how people are, you keep on telling them things and it just goes over their head or as My Grandma would say, in one ear and out the other meaning whatever your telling whomever doesn't stay in their mind or their just not listening which I go thru this too with people then and in recent times and boy My Grandpa would do the same to Me and I would really dislike this, so darn frustrating :roll: So one day after Caesar died in late 95/early 96 My Grandpa left the shop for good and went to a bike shop in South County and they were horrible to him. Every day he'd come home complaining. I don't know what the freggin' heck it was why people was always horse$h!t to him :x He was the kindest man you could ever talk to and he'd give you his shirt off of his back...it always and still does sicken Me how this fruit world treated him :batrage: Then he quit and finally accepted My Mom's offer for him to work at Sears in Crestwood because she was working there for years already, she was great in the shoe department. He would join the store in the mid/later part of 96 and would be a top employee there in Lawn & Garden and many other areas of the store where he was actually appreciated for once :) He worked there until he was unable to in the early 2000s when he got ill. Briefly, this is what Crestwood's Sears looked liked before they went out business along with the whole plaza and that includes K-B & K&K Toys, The Pasta House, Dillards, AMC Theater and so many others. I talked about how they leveled acres away before :roll: Sometime soon I will showcase this much further because I had so many good times in/at Crestwood Plaza :)

SUPER-DUPER BONUS :!:

Here's 4 of My Games that My Grandpa surprised Me with at different times Sears and were all special times :) The already seen Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, Turok 2: Seeds of Evil. I wanted that one absolutely huge, it's one of the greatest video games ever :!: Castlevania 64 which I wanted bad and Donkey Kong 64. which was a big must. Notice on the box it shows the Expansion Pak I talked about earlier with the showcase...this is the game it came with :o All of this was in late 1998/early 1999, such cool times. Take a good look at this because this is of the reasons why My Grandpa PoPo was such a special person and why h was My best friend :)

Also he surprised with some Strategy Guides from Sears as well. They are WCW/nWo Revenge, Castlevania 64 & Turok 2: Seeds of Evil. These are very wonderful books that look, feel & smell good. 1998 was such a cool year in so many categories. I have always loved them and they all have their 25th Anniversary this year :shock: You can see these plus so much more in My Video Game Collection Topic :)

Wow, there's Star Wars: Rogue Squadron for the Nintendo 64 with some bonus stuff :shock: I wanted to do this so much because it's very special to Me not to mention that it's the 25th Anniversary of Star Wars: Rogue Squadron :) It's one of the best SW games you can play. I hope you enjoyed that and maybe were surprised. This is the last of original classic video games that they released and that I have. I'm still working on a new SW Topic to show off Dark Forces II in all of it's wonderful glory and then it will feature the gameplay and more of Star Wars: Rogue Squadron so be looking for this in the future ;) Next will be one last entry of The Original Trilogy then I'm off to finally do the Prequel Trilogy starting with Episode 1 which next year marks it's 25th anniversary :shock: Until then I'll see you around :scbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Star Wars: My Miscellaneous Collection - Willow 35th!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:29 am

So here we go with a big bonus year end showcase that I have been thinking about for most of the year and it's...

ImageImage

Yes, it's the 35th Anniversary of Willow. I made a counterpart to this just a little while ago in My Vintage Action Figure Topic. So as you know I associate Willow with Star Wars because of Lucas, the way it's made, the characters and the time of My childhood. This showcase will be a special one. First here is My VHS My Grandma got Me when she was a member of BMG. She got Me this not too long after We saw the film at The Kenrick :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:I remember it like it was yesterday when Me and My Grandparents saw Willow at the show and I took My figures with Me at The Kenrick Wehrenberg Theater :shock: they took Me to other great ones like Suburban Commando, Backdraft, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. My Family which was My Grandparents & Mom all went to The Kenrick Wehrenberg Theater near Crestwood. We usually all went together for epics like 1993's Jurassic Park & 1996's Independence Day. I had other great moments as well there so here's a pic of what that great fun show looked like back then :)

Along with it she got Me Ghostbusters because she rented it for Me so many times over the course of a few years so she just bought it for Me :)

Here's more looks of the 1988 RCA/Columbia Pictures Copyright, VHS Tape and VHS Box Sleeve that says George Lucas and LucasFilm, James Horner & Ron Howard :)

Next up is the Movie Score to Willow released by Virgin Records' Movie Music :)

I recall it like it was yesterday, My Grandpa couldn't wait to hear the music in the film when We went to show, it arguably the thing he was looking forward to the most. He really taught Me well about the great composer James Horner as he was one of his big favorites. You can go to My Composer Topic and hear a lot of his great music that I selected including Willow :) Here's the Jewel Case's front.

Inside of the Jewel Case and a close up of the Compact Disc.

Here's inside the Booklet with the tracks & times which I love how lengthy they are because this score is such a grand epic one. There's some great pictures from the film as well a picture & write-up of Ron Howard :)

Here's the back of the Jewel Case. I love that picture of General Kael. That Sticker says made in England :batwink:

Here's My Willow VHS and the Willow CD Score together that makes a good display :)

This is from My very recent Willow special in My Vintage Action Figure Topic, gosh such great looking history here :)

As a bonus I quote Myself here to show My association of Willow with Star Wars, Indiana Jones & E.T. :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:From My main SW topic, here is My collection that I have always associated with each other (I explained it & showed it visually before in Part 3!). Here is My VHS & Book collection. My Mom got Me the Books possibly at Venture which is E.T., SW: ROTJ, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom when they came out (these are the books that I use as My BACKGROUNDS :o She also got Me the Indiana Jones VHS Trilogy for Christmas in 1994. Now My Grandma got Me the VHS Tapes which the E.T. at Televideo for Christmas in 1990, the awesome Star Wars Trilogy Box Set over at Walgreens in the great year of 1995 years before they moved across the street on Kingshighway (this is THE absolute BEST SW OT you could get before the 1997 Special Edition as it looked so great with the boxes and screen quality plus a special interview with George Lucas & Leonard Maltin on each VHS Tape!) and the Willow VHS My Grandma got Me at BMG Records when they had their Video Club and the background is of a Tonka Willow Blister Card (I showcased this before when this topic was young!). Look at all of that classic Lucas & Spielberg stuff and all of that wonderful Vintage history, IMO you cannot get any better than that :!:

I hope you liked this special 35th Anniversary of Willow from 1988 :) I will have a huge bonus showcase coming soon, in the mean time check out My extremely special Rogue Squadron showcase plus anything else that you may have missed, until then I'll see you around :scbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Star Wars: My Miscellaneous Collection - Willow & Indian

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:28 pm

Here we go with an absolute huge special of...

Yes, as you know I associate Indiana Jones with [/b]Star Wars[/b] as there is many connections. I'm showing this now because it's the 15th Anniversary of Indiana Jones and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Me and My Mom saw the film together at Ronnies' 20 Cine Wehrenberg Theater while We ate their great Burgers & Fries during this fun time :)

I bought a lot of stuff of the movie back then in the that cool year of 2008 so let's get to it as we see here the Dorling Kindserly & Lucas Books & Modern Publishing Logos here.

Here's brief look at DK's Visual Dictionary of Indiana Jones. As you saw in the first stages of this fine Topic of Mine I showcased DK's Star War's Visual Dictionaries, this one of Jones is quite big and focuses everything there is to...I just love these books :)

Here's MP's Activity Book that I got at Family Dollar, it's really fun to look at :)

ImageImage

Here's My Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull DVD :)

Here's the Crystal Skull Score. It's such a great fun one. I got this at My newer remodeled Target :) It was so fun going there and seeing what new soundtracks & movies they'd have...oh man those were some exciting days :)

Now here's the main attraction of this whole showcase which I'm going all-out about this. Concord Records released a special reissue of all 4 Indiana Jones Scores by John Williams. I originally discovered this ultimate gem at Target but Amazon was cheaper so I decided to get it there at only around $40 which was cheap :)

Here's the great Case with all of the Soundtracks in there :)

Here's everything you get and boy was this worth money. It also has a special never released CD plus a special Booklet :)

All of the scores have superb Booklets, first up is 1981's Raiders of the Lost Ark, the one that started it all :)

Here's the legendary composer John Williams. As Steve Spielberg, says, his theme is the heart & spirit of Indiana Jones. The same picture of him is all of the Booklets.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom from 1984, it will have it's 40th Anniversary come New Years' Day and this is arguably My favorite of all the scores :shock:

ImageImage

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Me, My Mom and Grandparents all saw this in 1989 at the AMC Theater in Crestwood Plaza which I've showed before in My all-crucial Odds & Ends :) It will have it's 35th Anniversary come New Year's Day :shock:

Here's the late great River Phoenix that played young Indiana Jones :)

ImageImageImage

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. This the on in the set, it's a duplicate from the one you saw earlier. Had I'd know about the set beforehand, I wouldn't have gotten the original CD. I absolutely love the Crystal Skull them, it;s so mysterious & haunting, you can just hear the Alien origins :scmm:

Interviews and More Music from Indiana Jones. This is exclusive to the set and it's excellent :)

Special Booklet :!:

Here's John Williams & Steven Spielberg together :)

Here's George Lucas & Steven Spielberg together as well :)

Back of the Case with Track/Cue Listing and Concord Catalog Order Form.

Wow, as I said, it was well worth the money, any fan of Indiana Jones, Star Wars & John Williams should check out getting it, I'm very thankful that I was able to when things were still quite good :)

As a bonus here's My whole Indiana Jones collection that you just saw along with My previously seen Temple of Doom Book & VHS Set that My Mom got Me :)

Here's a quote from My Vintage Action Figure Topic

BrandonDaCollector wrote:I had mentioned this is My first main showcase that Prune Face IMO had a similar concept & design like E.T.. I have never read anybody saying the same thing nor otherwise. His species is Dressellian where E.T. is Asogian. Could the Dressellians be an highly evolved & advanced Asogian relative specie like many species on seen planet Earth such as Dinosaurs & Birds and Oysters & Octopus are :?: I think there's a possibility there and I'm not paying attention to what Disney's legends wants us to be concerned & convinced by :!: These two characters, E.T. & Prune Face aka Orrimaarko are related in My Fan Fiction :batsmile:

If you saw My SW topic then you already know that I love Indiana Jones as well. Like E.T. I have grew up with the associated above with SW & E.T. and overall the three together. I mean how can you not, Spielberg made the films, Lucas wrote the stories, Harrison Ford is Indiana and John Williams composed all of the scores but the big key factor is there is many, many Easter Eggs of SW in'em. It was so fun growing up with these fantastic films. So here is Han Solo in the Temple of Doom which this photo that I made was so strange yet was so heck yeah apropos to make :batshock: :wwlol: :smgasp:

As a super duper bonus here's My special display of Close Encounters of the Third Kind, E.T. Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Howard the Duck & Willow. Their all Lucas & Spielberg and some of the greatest films ever made :)

Wow, I can't believe that I showcased My Indiana Jones Collection. I hope you liked it and were surprised about it. I had to do this for the 15th Anniversary of The Crystal Skull I mean it's such a great one and getting that special Movie Score Box Set is a true collector's piece. Since this is really most of My Jones collection I wanted to show it all in one grand presentation. I'm quite grateful that I have these and was able to showcase them :) Next will be one more Star Wars Original Trilogy Set to present before I get to the Prequels, in the mean time check out My very special N64 Star Wars Rogue Squadron showcase that has it's 25th Anniversary this year plus Willow's 35th Anniversary that I just showcased a little while ago...until then I'll see you around :scbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Star Wars: My Miscellaneous Collection - Willow & Indian

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:46 pm

I never really got into Indiana Jones. I saw the first couple when I was a kid, but haven't seen the last few including the newest one that bombed this year. We have enjoyed the Indian Jones Show at Disney the few times we've caught in the park. Willow was something I really liked as a kid when it was on HBO but it's been probably 30 years since I've seen it. It's crazy how fast time goes by and you don't even realize it.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars