Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Wrestling Lair: I was The Wrestling Informer!!!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

The Wrestling Lair: I was The Wrestling Informer!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:33 am

So here's a very important showcase that I have been longing to do for quite sometime. I was hoping I was going to be able to do it do because it's a very complicated way. Many times I just don't like to talk about it but I like to show it all in detail. If you have faithfully been following Me over time with My showcases on a regular basis in My topics then you know what I'm all about. So what I'm about to show is pictures actual web pages that I was able to restore to an extant of The Wrestling Lair, a really fine wrestling news site from way back in the day during the Attitude Era in late 1997 - early 1998. Now this is special to Me because I was a big part of this web page and I was only a teenager at this time :o Now if you seen in My all-crucial Odds & Ends My very special showcase of BijouFlix (the first streamers on the net before video streaming was a thing that so many people do today) then you saw that i restored a lot of their web site and I also showcased My two great VHS Tapes from them. If you haven't seen it for whatever reason do so because I'm the only one on the net that did this very important part of forgotten history here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-odds-ends-insane-keychain-t1176-110.html

Now many of today's society of plebeians that's My age and beyond don't think about how things were in the past...that that doesn't include Me as that's always on My mind and I look at today's world and it seems like it's in a alternate really and it's no laughing out loud/lol matter at all, it's quite the opposite...this generation hasn't a clue about how it was then due to them not being taught from any source and then you got youngsters that doesn't want to know history or even their family's own history thinking does it really matter :roll: It does matter and because this the future is going to be so bleak...believe Me i know what I'm talking about :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

When I was a Wrestling News Reporter!

Now when I was a teenager, the web was already in it's first steps. I was about 17, the wrestling world was getting exposed in so many ways like spoilers for tapings, what was going backstage, the scripts & booking for Raw & Nitro, when somebody was jumping ship, real names & relations, how wrestler blade and the terminally. I knew a bit of this thanks to My Figure-Four Newsletters that I showcased which I had to cancel them thanks to the internet :roll: So really this web stuff was new to Me and then it wasn't. I got on to some news-boards and I was liking it so much I wanted to become a part of it. I joined Wrestling Headlines (the page I believe still exists but is ran by new people who probably don't know a thing about how it was then in it's original days) but I didn't like how they were and how I was being treated. I was a successful news reporter for bupkis profit, I didn't care about that stuff, I didn't wanted to be like Dave Meltzer or somebody of that stature. I'm not one to be in something for the moolah, I'm in it because I like it. I reported on many stories :batwink: that happen during 97. One story in particular was the one when Goldust punched the wall and broke his hand. If anybody ever hears about that...I'm THE ONE that broke that news which no pun intended there. I was known as The Wrestling Informer which really I should have taken a different name because I felt it was a continuation of the same in the WWF Magazine since he left a while prior to this. Over time I really dislike it when so many people are called the same thing, I like creative stuff. So during these times I was contacted by a guy that simply went by The Crow. He was quite impressed with My reporting and wanted to recruit Me for his new page that he made. I thought about it...I left WH and went to his Wrestling Lair. He appreciated Me how I was and all of that. We talked about wrestling a lot and he knew I was a bit of a historian and that I knew My craft which he also liked. He loved "The Crow" Sting hence way he adopted that name, Here's a mock-up of his Logo that I made in honor of trying to restore it :)

He then made a new one and I tried to duplicate it from what I recall of it :batwink:

While much of his page was corrupted as the web address doesn't exist anymore thanks to a "way back machine" it is possible to see it. Here is what the home page looked like. It's dark but it say's the latest issue of The Wrestling Informer is up...gosh I loved that :)

Here's the categories that was available. We both worked on those wrestling reports ;)

This was a great section and usually My favorite of any wrestling web page to see pics of the events & wrestlers. It was also a delight to see video clips too because this was 1997-1998 and it wasn't the easiest thing to see video back then. YouTube didn't exist till the mid 2000s which everybody is so accustomed to this now and doesn't think how it was during these days. There the wrestling theme section. He had a lot but like he says there it needed to be redone. Wrestling themes was always huge to Me since the very first day I was on the web on AOL. I don't know what everybody's else' first thing they did on the web was but that was Mine and I searched & downloaded them all the time making My own CDs...kids & really plebeian today have no idea how darn fun this was. Sure, you can still do this and it's fun but dang, not as exciting as it was in the 90s :)

Here's the next section. he had a Wrestleboard there which had a activity.

There was a section of awards that the page won and you could e-mail The Crow :batwink:

Here's his disclaimer.

Now here is the big one. I wasn't the only Columnist that he had recruited. He hired En4cer, his was titled En4cer's Thoughts which he only did one edition. The other guy was Matimeo who wrote seven columns. I never interacted with those fellow workers so I knew nothing about them. I posted 5 issues titled The Wrestling Informers's Words :batwink:

Here is ALL of My Columns when I was The Wrestling informer back in 1997 - 1998 :batwink: Keep in mind when you read this I was only 16 & 17 years young here :o

So that was the last issue that I wrote for The Crow's Wrestling Lair that was on 2/6/98...he had one more update which was actually the debut of En4cer's issue which was on February 7, 1998, that was the last active day on the site because he ran into problems with money and stuff :roll: We said Our goodbyes and that was that :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: This has been in My head ever since and how apropos that I was able to restore some of the web site 25 years from that very year in 1998 :shock: 25 years is a long time to think about this and finally do something about it but it took Me a long while to find what I need to restore it :) So after that I joined a few little message boards that were happy to have Me but the work and stuff was just fading out and things in My life was changing and I retired from the wrestling reporting scene. I learned a ton of stuff back then, stuff they want you to forget and stuff a lot of people don't know about even now.

To do this even more justice here's the front page with the Logo and a bit more :)

So there's The Wrestling Lair, a page that most likely the majority of plebeians didn't know about as it really fell in limbo but not completely Oblivion thanks to Me and it makes Me feel real good that I did this. Who knows I might work out some more later if I have the time and l that and update this topic but for now I'm quite pleased that i did a good thing like this and I hope The Crow and the other guys are still around, thinking about Me and watching classic wrestling :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT