Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Display/Shelving/Storage Solutions

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Display/Shelving/Storage Solutions

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:29 am

Hey guys, I'm seriously starting to run out of space for my book collection. I know the old faithful of keeping them on shelves and long boxes for floppies but how about any creative solutions? Any ideas? Currently, I'm keeping my trades and hardcovers on shelves but I'm running out of space and I keep getting more and more shelves which seem to fill up just as fast. :smoops:

Incidentally, this might also be a thread to share your own storage/display solutions/setups but I legit need some advice so hopefully some of you guys have some recommendations!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Display/Shelving/Storage Solutions

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:32 am

IKEA Storage for Comics

Visit IKEA and ask for Comic Book Storage ... I have a friend that has one of these and I can find out the name of it. Give me a week to find out.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:36 am

This shelves are pretty cool. I have way too many books for that to be feasible though. I'm just old school, bag, board, 33 long boxes in the closet, lol. That was not fun when we moved a few years ago. Especially since I had to carry them up a flight of stairs.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:51 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:This shelves are pretty cool. I have way too many books for that to be feasible though. I'm just old school, bag, board, 33 long boxes in the closet, lol. That was not fun when we moved a few years ago. Especially since I had to carry them up a flight of stairs.

I'm down to 4 long boxes and 1 short box. That's quite a collection there Packerbacker!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Webslinger » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:04 pm

It looks awesome but I have about 8 long boxes in my closet. I would need a lot of those LOL
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:40 pm

Doctor Fate wrote:
packerbacker180 wrote:This shelves are pretty cool. I have way too many books for that to be feasible though. I'm just old school, bag, board, 33 long boxes in the closet, lol. That was not fun when we moved a few years ago. Especially since I had to carry them up a flight of stairs.

I'm down to 4 long boxes and 1 short box. That's quite a collection there Packerbacker!

Tell me about it. Sometimes I think I should pull all the valuable issues into one or two boxes but I'm a slave to alphabetical/sequential ordering. Maybe someday.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:51 pm

I understand that and I just help Acid in that department Webs and Packer; I hope to have a better answer on Wednesday of which I'll visit my friend for more information about that thing from IKEA.

Long Boxes seems more practical and I understand why.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:05 pm

That's one thing I don't miss the last few years since I stopped buying comics was having to sort all the books by series and then put them in their proper boxes. Ugh. Such a time consuming pain.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:31 pm

Doctor Fate wrote:IKEA Storage for Comics

Visit IKEA and ask for Comic Book Storage ... I have a friend that has one of these and I can find out the name of it. Give me a week to find out.

$1200 to $2600 depending on the size of such unit. Terribly Expensive.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:01 pm

Yikes!
A long box is like $7.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to General Discussions