Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu May 23, 2024 5:24 am

Well that's good. I never did see Dark Wind, never got to it. Here's this one that goes along the combination lines of Judgement Night & Under Pressure and it predates them both in 1992...it's called Trespass :!:

Yes, it stars, Bill Paxton whom has always been a fave of Our's. William Sadler plus Ice-T & Ice Cube are both together in this film :shock: Who else is in it you ask :?

Okay, Art Evans is in it which is strange as he & William Sadler were both in Die Hard 2: Die Harder in 1990 :shock:

The big surprise that was in it was Tom "Tiny" Lister Jr. aka "The Human Wrecking Machine" Zeus :!: :!: :!:

It's directed by Walter Hill who did 48 HRS and the Executive Producer is Robert Zemekis who directed the Back to the Future Trilogy :!: Now I'll let the trailer tell story but here's is a special trivia and was a big DEAL then. The movie was filmed over in East-St. Louis Illinois...that's right across the great ancient & gorgeous Mississippi River across from Down Town St. Louis :shock: They show the scenes of it in the film and was filmed in the old abandoned warehouses there :shock: If you look it up, you can see this area in many pictures. I could ride there within a half-hour or so, it's pretty close to where I live :shock: Ever since We rented this classic in 92 from either Star Video or Schnucks on Iron Street, it's always been a very memorable movie. Here's the trailer :)

It has a really good theme by Ry Cooder...listen to this :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu May 23, 2024 2:14 pm

I don't recall ever seeing that one. I only know of Ry Cooder because he was in a Tragically Hip lyric...

If I die of vanity, promise me, promise me
If they bury me some place I don't want to be
You'll dig me up and transport me, unceremoniously
Away from the swollen city breeze, garbage bag trees
Whispers of disease and the acts of enormity
And lower me slowly and sadly and properly
Get Ry Cooder to sing my eulogy

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 24, 2024 8:29 am

Tubi has that one available too. Ry Cooder was never My fave but boy he has such great sound and his stuff is good to listen too. Cool trivia there PB ;) I never knew about that film Adult Beginners :shock:

Sadly, Dabney Colman passed away the other day at age 92. Here's this movie he was in called Short Time from the great year of 1990 :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 24, 2024 2:28 pm

RIP. He was memorable in Nine to Five.

Happy 59th birthday, Martin Lawrence!
Watched this a lot on HBO back then...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 25, 2024 6:37 am

Yes...here's the poster to Short Time :)

That's good, I never seen Nothing to Lose from 97 but I sure recall the previews ;)

Here's Martin Lawrence's Big Momma's House...

it came out during the huge movie year of 2000 which it rivaled 1990 in many categories. I thought it was pretty funny :)

Here's the Big Momma's House song :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 25, 2024 10:14 am

I saw the first Big Momma, don't think I ever saw any of the sequels (I think there's more than one but could be wrong).

Happy 63rd Birthday, Mike Myers!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 26, 2024 7:54 am

Actually i never seen the live action Cat in the Hat before. Amazing that Jim Carrey played the Grinch & Mike Myers play The Cat :shock:

They made three of'em, I never seen them before...here's the second one :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 26, 2024 2:06 pm

I didn't care for the cat and the hat but that may've been just because of my age. I was too old to enjoy it like a kid and too young to enjoy it as a parent. Or maybe it was just bad. I don't know, I just thought it wasn't very funny and just strange,'

Happy 60th birthday, Molly Shannon!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 27, 2024 7:19 am

Huh, I can't say, could be either of those reasons. I've been there done that before, sometimes with Me its the times I'm in but many times I'm like gosh, what was wrong with this movie 20 or whatever years ago...why didn't I like it then like I do now :? It can be a weird situation there ;) I never seen Superstar but i recall the previews.

Here is the last of the Big Momma Trilogy from 2011, I didn't see this one either.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 27, 2024 6:06 pm

Definitely never saw those sequels. Or Superstar to be honest. It was never a favorite skit of mine so never saw the movie.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions