Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu May 23, 2024 5:19 am

While it was was fun, it just wasn't like the first couple years of Goldust or even the first few years of Cody. Oh yeah, their whole bit & match in AEW was top notch, there hasn't been anything like it since, IMO it even rivaled the great feud with Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart :o Oh yeah, Vinnie Mac dropped so many balls and missed so many opportunities...it's so beyond ridicules :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Yes, I was saying to you before how great the NWA/WCW was. Sure, I always preferred WWF for many reasons but NWA/WCW was always ahead of them when it came to wrestling, feuds and trying new stuff. I mean when the high flying wrestlers in the WWF was starting, fans didn't know what to think but fans of the NWA was already used to it for an example :shock: As I said the other day, Vinnie Mac was interviewing Mil Masceras in the late 70s, he still didn't "get" the Mexican wrestling even to the 90s :roll: Just try catch up on it, there's a ton of great stuff :) That Tommy Rich promo was great. I was never a big Tommy Rich fan but he was very underrated talent. Okay so this is what was next for Goldust & Stardust...it was all about The Cosmic Key :shock:

What exactly was "The Cosmic Key" :? It was the WWE Tag Team Championship and they won it :o

Here's their promo after winning the belts :!:

I'm going to have a finale of Goldust tomorrow :shock:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu May 23, 2024 2:20 pm

Yeah, kudos for them going ALL IN on the gimmick, but it was just beyond silly. I wasn't really watching WWE weekly anymore by this point.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 24, 2024 7:35 am

Yes indeed there. Oh man, "Hollywood" Bob Holly. I posted a bit of that in My 93. That gimmick predated Hollywood Hogan by three or so years. Soon Holly would go to the WWF and become Sparky Plug or Bob "Spark Plug" Holly in 93 which he was a race car driver and he was very cool :) Cornette's SMW was very fun :)

Okay, here's My finale to Goldust. First here is Stardust/Cody with his wife Brandie :o

Dusty Rhodes returned to get them back together. This was an awful time & storyline for Dusty to be in not to mention how he was treated by The Authority :roll: I think all of this Dusty stuff and Cody finishing up the story is kinda trying to make up for that, I can't be sure about that though.

This was last appearance of Goldust/Dustin Rhodes in the WWE at the Greatest Royal Rumble in 2018.

That's the Goldust finale, next I'm moving on to something else ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 24, 2024 2:51 pm

It's a shame that never really had a payoff if I remember because Cody left soon after, didn't he? Imagine if he got crazier to the point where Dustin took the Goldust makeup off and they had a feud that led to WM. Such a waste.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 25, 2024 6:26 am

yes, that woudl have been awesome if the Dustin 7 Cody fued was done right and yes, Cody left soon after to become the Cody we know today :shock:

So today is the WWE King & Queen of the Ring....I've always loved the KOTR events. Make sure you see My special KOTR Spotlight in My PLE Topic, it's really cool how I'm making it sometime today :) Okay so today will be a double feature. My two fave King of the Ring winners :!:

First is "The Rocket King of Harts" Owen Hart. I featured him at least a couple times here before. He was the "Real Best There Was, Best There Is and Best There Ever Will Be" IMO. He was second KOTR winner which he brother Bret won the first one in a year prior in in the fun & crucial of time of 93. Owen won this in 1994, 30 years ago this year and he died in 1999, 25 years ago THIS year THIS month in May :o He fell to his death at the Kemper Arena in Kansas City, Missouri...that's only a few hours drive away from where I live :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: He was so great and really he's not mentioned as much as he should be anywhere. As a side note don't forget he (and his partner Yokozuna) personally sent his (their) autograph(s) to Me in the great year of 1995 thanks to My Grandma :) Yoko gave Me his Hasbro figure but Owen couldn't however just a bit after Owen passed away I found his JustToys Bendable Figure at My local KB Toys in Crestwood Plaza...it may sound outrageously strange but I truly believe that his spirit led Me there because he knew how much I loved him :( I briefly showcased it a while back...I've never opened him up, he's still brand new sealed on the card and I'm forever grateful for that :) I briefly showcased that wonderful stuff elsewhere on the board. So after he defeats Razor Ramon, here's Owen's wonderful heel promo at the 94 KOTR when he first became "The King of Harts" :)

That's when George "The Animal" Steele was becoming just a bit more civilized in that good promo :lol:

Next up is King Mable...My fave KOTR of ever of all-time :) I really liked Mable, nearly 7 feet tall and almost 600 pounds. This was still when big men like this mattered in wrestling. He won it in the super fun year of 1995. I always liked him when he was part of M.O.M - Men on a Mission with Mo & Oscar but when he turned heel and became a monster oh boy I just flipped out and he became a fave. When the next KOTR in 95 was coming I wanted him to win and he did. That KOTR is really My fave of them all. Like Owen Hart, he has an unfortunate anniversary, he passed away in 2014, 10 years ago this year :( So I couldn't find the video of his coronation but this was the last match of the tournament against Savio Vega. Vega wrestled 4 times that night...the first one was on the Preview Channel when they had the Free For All was just to qualify which I loved it when they had qualifying bouts and just wasn't placed there automatically. Mable beat the Undertaker and then had a bye when Shawn Michaels & Kama went to a time limit draw :!:

Sir Mo introduces King Mable :!:

Here's King Mable's grand entrance the day after the KOTR...I loved his entrances...listen to his cool theme in the background :)

As a bonus, here's another of King Mable's entrance but who is one of his servants....it's Jeff Hardy :shock:

Isee about a bit more of other KOTR stuff for tomorrow :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 25, 2024 10:22 am

Never saw that Hardy clip. By the time I saw Mabel he was Viscera.

I just watched the A&E WWE Rivals about Hogan vs Rock and it's one of the few feuds things that still gives me goosebumps rewatching (the feud, not that show, lol).

I'm not a big Reigns fan, but there's going to come a time where the Rock and Reigns face off again and the Rock is going to finally make Reigns into a super babyface before he leaves.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 26, 2024 6:58 am

That was such a good time there of Hogan vs. The Rock. Like I said before when we talked about it...it was basically the last of the great classic times and yes, it can give you chills ;)

Oh yeah, he was there. I think he showed up at least couple more times being a servant for King Mable but don't quote Me on that. I see. I liked the his Vicera persona and it was kinda scary but for Me it just wasn't King Mabel.

Okay, now here is some great stuff that was before the actual King of the Ring PPV tournaments. They actually had them before the crucial year of 93 but none of them never was a PPV and they never talk about them like EVER. Maybe one day I will :shock:

So here's this. The first ever King of the WWF..."Handsome" Harley Race in 1986. This is how I first knew Harley Race, I didn't really see his other great stuff elsewhere before till later. Look at all of that classic talent there :shock:

NOTE All of this happen 1989, 35 years ago this year :o

So after Hogan seriously injured Race (look in My showcase of My Vintage Wrestling VHS Tapes, that match is on My WWF Most Unusual Matches Ever VHS :o, Haku is now the new King thanks to Bobby "The Brain" Heenan :!: Look at that great heel talent in the ring including Andre the Giant, "Ravishing" Rick Rude & Akeem "The African Dream"...Three of the Four Horsemen are there which are The WWF Tag Champs The Brain Busters and "The Widowmaker" Barry Windham...isn't that remarkable :o

So instead of tournaments, there would be stipulations of the Crown on the line in matches. "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan would defeat King Haku thus King Duggan was born :!: Loo at all of the great babyface talent there :)

So here is the last one. It's "Macho Man" Randy Savage with "Sensational" Sherri vs. King Duggan. This is how Randy Savage became "The Macho King" when he defeated King Duggan :o STOP at 4:30 because the sound is extremely low...I got a better quality video after this ;)

Okay, so here is the coronation of "Macho King" Randy Savage and also making "Sensational" Sherri "Queen" which she was the first queen of the WWF/WWE :batshock: :smgasp: She looked really good here :wwwink: Savage's real life brother The Genius reads and The Million Dollar Man gives Macho a very special gift...this scepter is the device that cost the Ultimate Warrior his WWF Championship against Sgt. Slaughter at the WWF Royal Rumble 91 thus starting the feud and unfortunately this gift would cost the end of his reign as King at Wrestlemania 7 :o Notice at the VERY END...Macho whispers something to Sherri and she seems shocked as the clip ends...what in the world could have that been :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 26, 2024 2:20 pm

Good to see Lanny Poffo again. I remember the stuff from Harley to Duggan. I think I was mostly not paying as much attention by the time of the Macho King, while still watching WM and stuff.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 27, 2024 9:02 am

That was some Randy Orton promo. It's amazing how much larger Orton is now in size :o Yeah, OVW, that's the place the WWE had after they took over USWA & SMW :roll: Matt Morgan should have big a huge star :roll:

I know I had My Goldust finale the other day but today is Memorial Day...I got got one more special :shock: This happen in 1996 on this day of Memorial when Goldust saves Ahmed Johnson's life :shock: Ahmed goes nuts as one would expect and get's a hold of Bob Holly, almost Marc Mero and Goldust's Bodyguard :!:

After that here is this great promo by Goldust via his response :shock:

So when Goldust faces Ahmed Johnson at the WWF King of the Ring 96, he loses his precious Intercontinental Championship...here's the aftermath as Johnsonfaces Hunter Hurst Helsmley and Goldust has a promo on the following Monday Night Raw :!:

I like how this all came into play as today is Memorial Day and The King and Queen of the Ring was two days ago :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 27, 2024 5:37 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc