Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

1987olds442's: Merged/Smart Hulk - The Professor pg33

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Red Hood V2

Postby 1987olds442 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:52 am

This is another commissioned Red Hood was he requested this Red Hood after seeing the first one I made. I made a few minor changes on this one, but I think he turned out pretty good :)

Recipe: the torso is a DCUC Guy Gardner; Jonah Hex's shoulders, arms, and hands; a modified ML X3 Beast jacket; MM Batman Begins belt; ML Fantomex holsters; Samurai's waist and upper legs; Young Justice Batman lower legs and feet; and finally a re-sculpted Sportsmaster head. To create the embossed bat logo I printed it on label paper then layer several sheets together, and I carefully cut out the logo then glued the logo to the chest. After that I gave him a full paint job. I noticed after taking the pictures that the belt wasn't straight it isn't glued down, so it can be repositioned. Let me know what you all think.

1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Red Robin

Postby 1987olds442 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:03 am

This was made for same commissione/collector over at the Fwoosh boards that I made Red Hood, YJ Superboy, YJ Wonder Girl, Damian Wayne, and Miss Martian. This time he wanted a more in scale Tim Drake Red Robin. He is made from: a Young Justice Aqualad main body; Movie Masters Batman Begins forearms, lower legs, and feet; DCUC Batman cape; YJ Robin belt; and ML Guardian head cast. He was a pretty straight forward build. The only problem now is I have to make another for myself :)

1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Damian Wayne

Postby 1987olds442 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:10 am

Damian Wayne started as a Young Justice Robin. I re-sculpted the chest and added the costume piping with styrene strips I also used styrene to fabricate the belt. To make the shirt tail I used the soft rubber coat from a Movie Fantastic Four Doctor Doom. The boots are from a DCSH Supergirl to make them work I cut the Robin legs and made new pins using styrene. The Cape is a trimmed down Doctor Midnight's cape. For the head I used a casting of Beast Boy and I re-sculpted the hair to look slicked back.

I'm currently working on a new head using a DCD casting of Damian Wayne from Casting Cave, and a removable hood for him.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Miss Martian

Postby 1987olds442 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:14 am

Miss Martian's main body is a DCUC Raven with re-sculpted shoulders and biceps for the shirt details. The forearms, hands, and skirt are from a DCSH Supergirl with sculpted glove cuffs on the forearms. The cape is from a Young Justice Robin. The legs are from a YJ Artemis and the feet from a DCUC Superwoman. The cartoon accurate head is an enlarged casting from Glassman customs, and the alternate head is a modified DCUC Mary Marvel with a Spectre hood. I made the belt with a piece of Marvel Legends Mr. Sinister's cape. Then Finally the paint job.

1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: 1987olds442's Customs

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:33 am

Those are all really cool. Your paint apps are extremely clean. I need to find a couple Red Robins(yum) still.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:04 pm

Very cool. I was trying to figure out what jacket you used for Red Hood. It's cool that it's an Marvel Legends X3 Beast jacket to give it more variety. :smgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:08 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Those are all really cool. Your paint apps are extremely clean. I need to find a couple Red Robins(yum) still.

AcidDragon wrote:Very cool. I was trying to figure out what jacket you used for Red Hood. It's cool that it's an Marvel Legends X3 Beast jacket to give it more variety. :smgrin:

Thanks I really like the look of the X3 Beast jacket after it's modified to get rid of the hump on the back. Plus you can get a X3 Beast pretty cheap :klargrin:
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Nightwing

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:09 am

Nightwing was a fun quick project while I was finishing up my personal Red Hood custom. I was lacking a Nightwing in my collection, so I decided just to make one. I really liked the armored look of the Arkham City Nightwing figure, but he was a little too tall. To make him the same height of other DCUC figures I used a set of Jonah Hex's upper legs paired up with a set of modified YJ Sportsmaster's lower leg. I ended up counter sinking the boots into the lower legs to shorten him a little with the added bonus of a hidden boot cut articulation. The head is a casting of the DCD Hush Nightwing that I bought from Casting Cave. The belt is also from Sportsmaster and the leg pouch is from ML Bullseye. Then finally painted his costume with matte black with semi-gloss and gloss black accents.

1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Red Hood V3

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:17 am

After making a couple of Red Hood figures for some fellow collectors. I finally got around of making one for myself. The helmet head is a re-sculpted Sportsmaster head and the alternate head is a casting of Winter Soldier's head. The upper torso is also Sportsmaster's with Jonah Hex's arms & hands. The jacket came from a Marvel Legends Jackman Wolverine figure. The waist and upper legs are from a Modern Starman figure. I did have to modify the waist to work with the Sportsmaster torso. The lower legs are from a Movie Masters Bane, the holster is from a ROML Deadpool, and the knife & sheath are from a Bucky Captain America. Then I finally finished him off with a full paint job.

1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Huntress

Postby 1987olds442 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:10 am

I did the same neck modification to Huntress that I did to my Fire, so her head would sit a little higher. At first I was just going to repainted her eyes and face, but the factory figure had four different shades of skin-tone so I ended up repainting all her flesh-tone areas so they would all match.

1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs