Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Packerbacker Customs So I Don't Have to Dream Alone pg 5

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:42 am

Thanks, Doc. I'd love to sell or make another but the combo of that Canary head and Jean Grey hair would be pricey to acquire again. I usually consult Who's Who but the Legion always had all those cool character profiles every few years in their title. This was the image I was actually inspired by and think I captured pretty well.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs So I Don't Have to Dream Alone pg 5

Postby Webslinger » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:09 am

FANTASTIC job on those customs PB!!!! Definitely retail worthy!!!! Mattel really missed the train on the LoSH sets, imagine 2-3 LoSH 12 packs!!!! I would love to get my hands on just the original set. /Sigh, maybe one day when they come to their senses they will release some more...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Packerbacker Shocking Revelations pg 53

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:30 pm

Wow, it's been a while since I submitted a custom. Went on vacation for a week, and then my wife was home for another week, so I didn't get as much work done in July. Plus the nice weather and the kids being off from school...

Anyway, next up is Lightning Lass. I actually debated on her appearance because all the Legion members I've made so far have their looks from the 70's and 80's. But honestly, I always thought poor Ayla had the least exciting, most generic looking costume designs from the team in that era. But I really dug her new look when Levitz started writing again a few years ago. So even though she doesn't match the era, I decided if I'm only probably going to make one version of each member, I should do the costumes I like best. If you're not familiar with the more recent Legion, I included an image of her, too. :)

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs Shocking Revelations pg. 53

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:16 pm

Fantastic man...didn't lose a single beat; welcome back!!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:58 am

Packerbacker - I just joking about the Dream Girl for Sale ... Sorry that I mislead you ... :)

Lighting Lass ... Wow that's amazing Packer and I just loved the way you put it all together and nice job of the detailing of it and excellent on the paint too. :D
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby 1987olds442 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:24 am

Beautiful work! The paint work and lines look great. :D
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:09 pm

Hey, thanks, guys. Y'know, I spent a lot of doing painting and repainting the bolt pattern on her boots and then I never took any pictures showing them off, lol. So I added a couple extra pictures.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:20 pm

Outstanding job on her PB!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Thanks, Webs. Here's a couple of commissioned figures I finished a couple weeks ago now but was having camera issues...

Shadow Thief:

Plastique:

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:55 pm

Very nice...I just saw them on Figure Realm...ST has been on my list for a while; never thought of those hands before and I love them...she is just gorgeous to look at...great job on both Packer!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs