Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Packerbacker Customs They'll fight for freedom... p.66

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:44 pm

Out-freaking-standing work!!!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:39 pm

This is a work of a true professional ... man, these figures really rocks and I just dig the Fiddler and Hawkgirl ... The Icicle was done in class and loved the blue tint around the "eyes" ... Very, Very good work ...
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:54 pm

Thanks for the comments, guys.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:46 am

Those are insane, PB. Glad to see you posting your work again!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Packerbacker Customs Crashing Through the Sky... p.67

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:59 pm

The opening sequence to the 1987 GI Joe animated movie was soooooo good, if only that was the movie and not the Cobra-La nonsense...

What does that have to do with these 3.75 Cobra customs? Nothing really, just wanted to watch that again.

Nope, these characters came around almost 30 years later in the non-Larry Hama IDW universe. I won't waste a lot of space with biographies, I'll just attach wiki link for Krake if anyone is really interested in his story as he eventually became the new Cobra Commander. Also, including a comic image for reference.

Krake:
http://idwhasbro.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Krake

The troopers alongside him were just some Lanard Corps figures I repeated Cobra blue & red, I thought they made cool looking personal troops for him.

Michael "Mad" Monk
He doesn't really have a wiki page I could find. I was dishonorably discharged from the military, and his life collapsed around him. Eventually he tried to kill himself but Cobra interceded and convinced him to join their ranks. He eventually ran his own Cobra substation in NY where he clashed with Duke and other Joes. His story was never really completed as far as I know since eventually IDW kind of dropped this new universe and went back to the Larry Hama Joeverse, which wasn't a bad move, but some interesting characters were kind of Flashpointed out of existence.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs Crashing Through the Sky... p.67

Postby Webslinger » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:00 am

Why oh why hasn't Hasbro done something yet in a Marvel Legends style!!! I love what you're doing PB, great stuff!!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: Packerbacker Customs Crashing Through the Sky... p.67

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:28 pm

Because we'd all be broke. I'd buy a couple and that's how it would start...

"Oh, I'll only get Snake Eyes and Stormshadow…"

"Well, you can't have Snake Eyes without Scarlett so I should get her..."

"Firefly? Always loved Firefly...."

20 waves later...

"Headman! We need Headman grrrrrrrrrrr…"
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Packerbacker Customs Snake Eyes, not him, but not Nic Cage!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 11, 2019 9:18 am

I've done a few other Joe customs since my last post but this is one I've been working on since last year.

For those out of the GI Joe loop, a couple years ago IDW restarted the Larry Hama GI Joe A Real American Hero series that had ended at Marvel in the 90's. A few years after that, everyone's favorite silent ninja, Snake Eyes "died"--I say that in quotes because I'm still not certain he's going to stay dead. For one thing, there was never a body, and with a Snake Eyes movie in the works I have my doubts whether he will stay dead.

Soon after there was a teenage female lacrosse player, Dawn Moreno, in Springfield whose athletic prowess garnered the attention of Cobra Commander. Eventually she went under the tutelage of the Baroness, but fearing her loyalty might no be complete, she was sent to be brainwashed by the Brainwave Scanner. Unfortunately the machine malfunctioned, and rather than brainwash her into total allegiance, it instead uploaded all the memories and skills of a prior subject, Snake Eyes.

Yeah, that's pretty convoluted, and really, only the beginning of the story. But now she is a member of the Joes with all the memories and skills of the original Snake Eyes at her disposal.

Since she's fairly new I included some reference pics. She's kind of a polarizing character. Similar to super hero comics, a lot of Joe fans weren't crazy about a fan favorite being replaced by a female teenager. I don't know, I hated it with a lot of comic characters, but didn't mind it as much here. I worry she's a bit of what people call a Mary Sue. I guess it comes down to attachment. While I read some Joe books as kid, and watched the cartoon religiously and had many figures, I don't feel as much of a childhood attachment to ARAH continuity as say something like the X-Men or Spider-Man. But I think she's visually cool looking, and the challenge of sculpting a lot of sections of a 3.75 scale figure was a fun challenge. The forearm guards, shin guards, leg straps, piping, knee pads, and visor are sculpted. As is the chest harness center piece, and the harness was made from the top two sections of two MU Deadpool harnesseseseseseses. So a lot of parts were fun challenges.

Parts:
Head: MUI Captain Marvel with sculpted visor
Hair: MU Wolverine (X-23)
Torso and arms: 50th female officer with sculpted forearm guards and piping
Hands: Marauder Task Force with some sculpt
Legs: MTF and holster with sculpted shin guards, knee pads, holster straps, and piping
Swords and sheath: MTF

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs Snake Eyes, not him, not Nic Cage p

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat May 11, 2019 4:14 pm

Very NIce indeed and I'm impressed by this work that you did Packer!

This picture that I posted is my favorite of the few that you shared with us.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Packerbacker Customs Snake Eyes, not him, not Nic Cage p

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat May 11, 2019 10:50 pm

Impressive work!!

I have absolutely zero clue about this character but she looks bazaam!

What you can do with 3.75” scale; I wish I could do in 6”...outstanding
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs