Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Constantine Goes To NBC

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Constantine Goes To NBC

Postby Tango X » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:17 pm

I like this show. Much more than I like Gotham at the moment.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby S. Griffin » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:03 pm

I can think of hundreds of things I like much more than I like Gotham, at the moment: I actually think calls from telemarketers might be one of them.

Also, I get that Lucy Griffiths was leaving, and good riddance (lousy actress), but the original end in the bar was waaaay better than what they reshot and showed tonight. I hate convenient **** like that. I did like the painting scene with Zed (I assume), quite a bit though.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:06 pm

Who is Liv?? Did she ever appear in the comics? They made her seem pretty important in the show and I'm curious, a question for bigger Hellblazer fans than I, was she a character? Not that it really matters to me, but I'm just wondering. I've read a lot of Hellblazer but there's enough holes in there for me that I could easily miss hundreds of characters.
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:08 pm

Ah, so she won't be reappearing. I thought her character was pretty bland but it seemed like they were trying to build her up throughout this pilot.
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Tango X » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:11 pm

Man S.G there was another versio nof the bar scene? Some dispute with the actress or they just thought she sucked and cut her out?
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby OneNineSix » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:14 pm

****, I didn't even think of Zed during that scene... Good call bro.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby S. Griffin » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:31 pm

Both Liv and Manny were created for the show, and yeah, they were trying to build something with Liv in the episode, which is why getting rid of her so conveniently, necessary or not, is just cheap. As far as I know, it was as simple as wanting to take the show in another direction and hire (and write) a more better female lead and not any dispute with Lucy Griffiths or anything like that.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Tango X » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:44 pm

Gee that seemed like an abrupt departure... I was like wtf, all signs painted that she was onboard. :batconfused:
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:54 pm

Ah kay, thanks. I didn't think those two were from the comics but I wanted to make sure.
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby S. Griffin » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:58 pm

"I'll put a cloaking spell on her, so she'll be safe, and we'll never have to worry about her again."
You might want to find the leaked original pilot online and just watch that bar scene, Tango. She still sucks, but it's elevated by a much more realized John-con involving driving her out of her way and past that crime scene, than what aired tonight.
Last edited by S. Griffin on Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies