Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Gotham TV Series!

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Gotham TV Series!

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:48 am

Apparently, a new TV series is in the works featuring a young James Gordon before he met the Batman! Original article here: Original Article

I'm just pleased as pie that DC is getting even more properties on TV. I can never get sick of it. :batlol:

James_Gordon-1.jpg
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gotham TV Series in the Works!

Postby Caleb » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:22 pm

Yeah, I heard about this too. I'm still not sure if I'm 100% sold on it yet, but I think it's pretty cool that DC is pushing so hard to make the TV front work. It really is the perfect medium for adapting a comic book series, considering that they aren't constrained by the two-or-so-hour time limit (looking at a whole season here) of a feature film. For me, Gotham (and Constantine) really depend on casting. If we're talking Gap Model Jim Gordon, then I'll be a bit more reserved about things.

At the very least, I expect Zsasz and The Ventriloquist to get their moments in the limelight. Maybe Black Mask, too. And Abbatoir! The mob / serial killer villains of Gotham are interesting enough, but the Batman movies always have to tackle bigger fish - just the nature of cinema. But a show focused on the G.C.P.D.? Yeah, they could definitely squeak Zsasz in there!

As long as they don't throw a "Detective Wayne" into the show, I think it'll turn out well enough.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:49 pm

One of my biggest fears is in fact if they stick Bruce Wayne in there as an adult in some stupid fashion. I'd also hate it if they tried to stuff other villains in there that destroy the continuity like "Jack Napier" pre-Joker would be okayish but if they say put Harvey Dent in there and getting his Two-Face accident by some other means pre-Batman would really annoy me. I'd like it if they put the spotlight on other characters, too, like Harvey Bullock in his youth, that'd be kind of neat. And maybe highlight the events that lead up to the murders of Thomas and Martha Wayne, I'd be down with that. :batgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:35 pm

It could be pretty cool. Before "Arrow" I would have said they'd just screw it up like they did with "Birds of Prey", but I'm going to be cautiously optimistic here. I just read "Batman: The Wrath" a few weeks ago and I really loved all the backstory stuff about Gordon. :batgrin:
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

Postby Crazy Jetty » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:25 pm

I'm cautiously optimistic, thanks to Arrow.

I think there should/could be a core cast of known second/third string bat characters.
Lucious Fox, Harvey Bullock, and Harvey Dent. (Woah. I never realized they have the same name, because I've never written them in the same sentence before). Barbara Gordon.

I see this differently than how CW would, unfortunately. I see this as an NCIS, CSI, or Bones vs non-costumed supervillains.
None of the weird stuff, like Joker, Freeze, Ivy, or Twoface.
Penguin could be active... as when he's at his best, he's just a gimmicky mob boss. But I think Falcone should probably be the main focus. Cops vs mob.

It would irritate me if they have Wayne popping up as a kid. He should be an older teenager by this time. Pre-batman, but still not a young kid who's parents just got murdered. I say this because there's a huge gap in Wayne and Barbara's ages., and I'd think she should be a pretty young kid.

So, what heroes or villains could work pre-batman?

Black Mask
Zsasz
Ventriloquist
Falcone
Various League of Assasins
Whomever Huntress's daddy is
The Question
Lucious Fox (Someone Gordon comes to trust and goes to for assistance when he comes across weeeeird tech)
Harvey Bullock (Partner?)
Harvey Dent (Close friend? Pre-Twoface only. They could hint at it with a bad tempure)

Maybes, if handled well:
Penguin
Riddler
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:58 pm

Oooh yeah, I forgot. The Bertinelli crime family would be an awesome subject to touch on.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Crazy Jetty » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:48 pm

I forget his real name, but whomever becomes the Man-Bat would be a good character to have working in the Gotham crime lab.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:05 pm

Ah yes, Dr. Kirk Langstrom. Great idea! See I like little "easter eggs" like that so long as they make sense.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:41 pm

What?? This is amazing news. I wonder who they're getting to play him. Whoever it is, he needs a mustache!
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:49 pm

And be willing to wear glasses. Clean shaven catalog model Gordon would just be wrong.... :wwsad:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Next

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies