Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Flash CW TV Series

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: The Flash CW TV Series - Talk Firestorm!!!

Postby Avalon » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:34 pm

Ahoy hoy, all. Long time no see (not really) but it feels that way for me. The only thing I'm not completely sold on yet is the thing between Barry and Iris. So far, the only reason Barry seems to like Iris more than Felicity is that he might find her more attractive. They have nothing in common. Felicity laughs at all his jokes, gets him and she's a hottie. Point is, they need to do more to convince me why he wants Iris more. So far, it doesn't feel like they've given us anything. Other than that, it's good.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Illiasc » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:39 pm

Agreed, but eh, it seems both shows treat Felicity unfairly anyway. She's perfectly hot, funny, and smart, and yet they always make sure to point out how unfitting she is both to friend circles and the dating life. There's the Arrow episode where she felt like she wasn't good enough to fit in with Sara, Oliver, Harper, and the rest of them then failed at her own job with security, then there's her inability to keep a boyfriend or even get one, so, I dunno, that's my opinion. The shows in general both give her the unlucky streak for some weird reason.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Avalon » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:03 am

Nah I get it with those things. With Barry, it's different. They seem to be soulmates but he prefers Iris and I'd just like to be shown why. With Ollie and the other girls, it's a little more clear.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:44 pm

I enjoyed the episode. It saddens me though that DC won't crossover their TV with their movies like Marvel and ABC do. I think it's an easy missed opportunity from already built in fanbases. When I hear Kahndaq mentioned I think of the possibilities of the Flash and the Shazam movie crossing over but know it won't happen. I don't understand why. By the time the JL movies come out these actors will have aged a couple years and would better fit in with the films.

It's funny in a way that it reminds me of the pre-Crisis confusion DC had to deal with. Multiple Flashes on multiples earths with different IDs etc, now in a way they're building the same thing with the TV/film projects. Don't know if it'll effect their success, but I kind of think it's a shame.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:05 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:I enjoyed the episode. It saddens me though that DC won't crossover their TV with their movies like Marvel and ABC do. I think it's an easy missed opportunity from already built in fanbases. When I hear Kahndaq mentioned I think of the possibilities of the Flash and the Shazam movie crossing over but know it won't happen. I don't understand why. By the time the JL movies come out these actors will have aged a couple years and would better fit in with the films.

It's funny in a way that it reminds me of the pre-Crisis confusion DC had to deal with. Multiple Flashes on multiples earths with different IDs etc, now in a way they're building the same thing with the TV/film projects. Don't know if it'll effect their success, but I kind of think it's a shame.

I totally agree with you PackerBacker!
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Illiasc » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:23 pm

So did anyone else see last night's episode? Did anyone get excited by that ending scene that showed a promising continuation of Gorilla Grodd's eventual debut/appearance as a character in the show? I was pretty excited by that end bit. Also, I don't know anything about Plastique as a comic character - Is she actually Flash related, or more Firestorm relevant? It's too bad she lasted just one episode. She wasn't anything great in my opinion, but that was mainly because of the whole "I feel bad because I'm useless," and then she dies before anything can be done or said further.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:27 pm

Shoot ... I've forgot to watch it. At least my cable box has it recorded for you automatically ... thanks for the heads up Illiasc!
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Illiasc wrote:So did anyone else see last night's episode? Did anyone get excited by that ending scene that showed a promising continuation of Gorilla Grodd's eventual debut/appearance as a character in the show? I was pretty excited by that end bit. Also, I don't know anything about Plastique as a comic character - Is she actually Flash related, or more Firestorm relevant? It's too bad she lasted just one episode. She wasn't anything great in my opinion, but that was mainly because of the whole "I feel bad because I'm useless," and then she dies before anything can be done or said further.

She started out as a Firestorm villain, and Suicide Squad member. She was even married to Captain Atom for a while. But there was no body found in the water, so... I could easily see them explaining some way she survived. Maybe even the explosion kick-starting her heart or something, and since shrapnel was part of her DNA maybe she eventually absorbed the bullet? It's comics, there's no real 'dead'.

It's interesting how the Flash has been using mostly Firestorm villains to start, Plastique, Multiplex, Icicle eventually. Can't wait for Grodd, should be fun. Though Paco or whatever name they're using for him naming every villain is getting kind of annoying to me at least.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Illiasc » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:01 pm

Good point on the not really dead part. I actually would like to see her become a villain, and since we know Firestorm is going to be in the show. . . .
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:45 pm

I thought for sure with Eiling and Plastique, they were tying it in with Suicide Squad/Task Force X, that sort of bundle deal with Arrow. Maybe the explosion allows her to control her abilities now. It will be interesting to see!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies