Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Flash CW TV Series

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: The Flash CW TV Series - Talk Firestorm!!!

Postby Illiasc » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:43 pm

I'm not surprised I didn't catch that as I'm terrible about easter eggs, but the awesome and familiar one for me is the Blue Devil one. Oh if only he made an appearance, but I doubt it.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Tango X » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:18 pm

Cool catch, AD. All I know is that when all those trapped meta-humans break out of the particle accelerator prison, it's going to be crazy.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:27 pm

Taking everything into account, I liked the episode. The Mist character was cool enough to make the episode exciting for me without detracting from the ongoing story. So is everyone else excited for the cross-over episode they're doing with Arrow? I know I am. :bafspaz: :gashock:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:56 pm

They need to stop calling Barry "the Streak". There's only one speedster named the Streak in my book.

Streak_DCAU.jpg
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:26 pm

In Seaboard City, crime doesn't pay!!!

I'm just happy that it wasn't another meta-human. Just a cool guy with a cold gun. :ccgrin: Wentworth Miller makes for a good villain. His voice fits what I think a typical Flash rogue would sound like.
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:34 pm

Yeah and it's obvious they're bringing in Heat Wave, too. It's exciting we're going to start seeing real Flash rogues.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HectorHall » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:08 pm

Captain Cold has to put together his own "crew" AKA the Rogues. I loved just about everything in this episode. Len Snart was played to perfection. They are doing so much right, this is the first time in years (early nineties?) that I set aside the time for a tv show. Yes, the other time was the John Wesley Shipp Flash. The way Grant plays Barry has really grown on me in three episodes. There seems to be a lot to look forward to as the series progresses. Does anyone know how it is doing in the ratings? I would be heartbroken if this show is not catching on.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Illiasc » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:11 pm

Can't agree with you more on "The Streak" thing, I was thinking it while watching the episode. Seriously when are they going to change that?

I really really liked this episode. I loved that Captain Cold wasn't a meta-human, that he dressed the part, that he was addressed as his normal Captain Cold name off the bat (not something else) and even gave a response that's like "Well that's not a bad idea for a name," that he looks to be banding up the rogues, and that he wasn't killed off in one episode. And of course, it was nice to see that they ended the episode with a Heat Wave intro as well as something that didn't continue the Wells mystery conclusion thing. I'm still seriously curious about Wells' over protection on Barry, and who he is, but I love a change up in episode conclusions, too. I'm also glad that they didn't do the Barry / Felicity dance around of him clearly liking Iris more, I'm happy to see they discussed it within the episode instead of dragging it out to some emotional disaster of denial and "it's complicated" or some other argument of excuses over a possibility of them still trying to date but it ending up terrible because they both want someone else.

In a nutshell I was quite pleased with this episode. :bafgrin: Also, I have to admit, the name Kahndaq being mentioned, a mere mention, is awesome to me. I know they won't throw someone like Black Adam into the show, but it still makes me think "What if. . " - Because that's who I think of when I see the name Kahndaq, and it would just be sweet if they did.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby HectorHall » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:20 pm

The train rescue was done well enough for a feature film. I would love to see more of the action presented in this fashion. Black Adam? Why not? That would be awesome! This could be the show that blows the lid off the DCU! If they did it right and gave the characters the right build up, the sky is the limit!
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Illiasc » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:25 pm

I sure would hope so. I should add I of course don't "know" they wouldn't, I just figured. But if they did I'd be a bit more than excited. The more DCU characters to introduce, even if they aren't Flash-related, the merrier I might be. And yeah, that train rescue scene was pretty well done!
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies