Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Club Infinite Earths Huntress

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: DC Club Infinite Earths Huntress

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:53 pm

I agree completely...see it's the same as Hollywood; let the fans do the work and the results will be outta this world!

"Crisis of Multiple Doomsdays"...I gotta put that up on my wall!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:34 pm

I really, really, really would have prefered the blue and purple version from the 90's. It's just a better design IMO. I like Jim Lee's art, but his costume designs are too busy and overwhelming. I know that comics shouldn't have to be super-realistic like Nolan's Batman movies but it just doesn't make sense for a character like Huntress to have so much skin exposed, especially when she's wearing a white cross on he chest.

As far as the actual figure goes, I think the execution is really good. I like the boots and how the straps on her legs cover that ugly thigh swivel joint that plagues most DCU figures. Huntress is one of a handful of Sub figures I've gotten that hasn't had paint issues, so it's a relief that I won't have to try to fix anything on her.
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:46 pm

I think we can all agree without going all Jerry Maguire mattycollector forum crazy that Mattel screwed up the sub multiple ways, one of the worst being when they revealed certain characters. The failure to make both Huntress and Ra's sub bait was an epic blunder. Huntress is as about as cool and unique a character as anyone could ask for from the sub. Why she wasn't revealed at SDCC is a darn shame and probably cost some buy-ins. As it is though, even she didn't seem hard to get day-of, so I guess the incentive to sub was really minimal at best.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Caleb » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:21 pm

I think the only figure who was actually HARD to get day-of was Jay, right? Anyone else remember this better than I am?

I'm surprised Huntress didn't sell-out faster, being fan-demanded and Batman-related as she is. But, hey, that probably has to do with the line folding weeks before she went on-sale?
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:35 pm

I'd like to think they'd recognize her popularity and maybe made more? I don't know..
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby beastovjudgement » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:39 pm

I think Huntress's inclusion late in the year is due to the figure's heavy tooling. With DCIE being very shaky to begin with, they probably waited on her until after they knew 2013 would happen, rather than potentially waste resources on something they might never produce. As for Ra's, I can only guess Mattel (mistakenly) thought his late reveal would excite customers into subscribing for 2014 - the idea maybe being, "see, you can't just go by the first few reveals".
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:18 pm

I truly think if Ra's was in the first 3 for 2014, the sub would of went through. I get what they were trying to do, but those 1st 3 just not strong enough, imo. And I subbed, so if someone like me was underwhelmed, Im sure I can imagine what someone who was on the fence thought when they saw the reveals. Lol, Spilled milk, I guess.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby amos brearly » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:42 pm

i think they thought doomsday will be enough of a carrot.

im still amazed that people subbed for mallah and not doomsday? bewildering really.
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:51 pm

I just think more people wanted the more familiar, iconic tier-2 Doomsy, and when it became obvious he wasn't happenning then subscribing was kind of pointless. I subbed anyway, but tier-1 DD would've been disappointing to me. Uncertainty was never a friend of the sub. So making the exclusive an uncertainty won them no fans.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:03 pm

Since ive already customized my own Doomsday i would've preferred the containment suit D-day...but I agree that it's surprising the sub didn't happen with either tier.

As for Ra's, it's a sad looking character being that the only new thing on him is the head...based on the one picture they've issued, it's uninspiring to see him this way...and what's with the giant drawn on eyebrows?!?
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel