Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DCUC Photo Thread

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: DCUC Photo Thread

Postby wingnut1969 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:22 pm

AcidDragon wrote:TERRIFIC display, wingnut. I've been thinking of moving to a cube format myself instead of the typical 2:1 if for no reason other than keeping the shelves from bowing.

Thanks Acid. I highly recommend them. It may be just me but I feel it offers a fair amount of flexibility with arrangements and it provides a stable base on which to display your figures. The plastic shelf unit I use allows for hanging figures - just drill and insert an eyehook - but the shelf itself can be problematic - the support structure underneath the shelf affects the shelf itself so there are grids in the shelf with minute peaks and valleys so depending on where the figure stands on the shelf you have to adjust the stance accordingly - can be a right pain.
wingnut1969
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:45 pm

The only thing that could screw me with this arrangement is that I'm OCD with having everyone from a group or subgroup on a single shelf so I might end up buying several of the same figure just so they can be displayed on the same shelf. lol.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wingnut1969 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:41 pm

I know that feeling! That's why I have multiples of a number of different characters. I needed Black Manta for my Aquaman and Legion of Doom and when I decided to do the COIE #9 cover shelf. Battlesuit Lex and Robot Brainiac was needed for COIE, Superman and Super Powers. And so on and so on. Every JLA hero needed to appear with the JLA and in their own display or a combo with another - Hard Travelling Heores, Hawkman and Atom, Flash and Firestorm. What can I say I'm impulsive that way. :D
wingnut1969
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:40 pm

Consider doing a customs thread with close ups if you have the time, wingnut! :)
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wingnut1969 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:05 pm

Most of my customs were posted on the mattycollector page but since mattycollector is now defunct I'll make some new pics and post them. I hadn't customized for a little while now but have been feeling the creative burn lately though I don't know why. I have some in the "designing/planning stages" that I can post and maybe do a Before & After thing.
wingnut1969
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:03 pm

Ahhh Matty. Can't wait, man! Looking forward to it!
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:44 pm

LOVE
THE
NEW
BANNER!!!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby wingnut1969 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:52 pm

Added some new figures since I posted my galleries. Will be adding more soon too.
wingnut1969
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:07 am

Thanks for sharing! I actually haven't gotten my hands on Spoiler yet. Thanks for the reminder. :smgrin:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Webslinger » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:04 pm

Oh man, great stuff there Wingnut!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel