Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Oops! Forgot About DC Unlimited Series 04

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Oops! Forgot About DC Unlimited Series 04

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:38 am

ROFL. I just saw these on BBTS... I forgot that DC Unlimited's final wave was even coming out. Did anybody else totally forget about these? Can't believe this Injustice Hal is getting released and New 52 Hal is not... :halrage:

dcunlimited201304.jpg
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Oops! Forgot About DC Unlimited Series 04

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:15 am

I didn't forget about these...just gave up on them like Mattel did!

Talk about crappy looking toys...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:42 pm

The Injustuce figures should have been in their own line like Batman '66 or Green Lantern Classics. That way they would have been on a different SKU and not taken up valuable space in the Unlimited lines. These injustice figures are the only ones that haven't really sold in my area. Even the less popular and more obscure characters like New 52 Darksied and Planet X Batman moved at a fairly brisk pace but the Injustice Batman and Superman are collecting dust. Injustice is a fitting name for these crappy-looking figures. :batrage:
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:45 pm

Yeah, I think what they should've done was made Injustice a separate line and gave them less articulation and sold them for less.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby amos brearly » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:50 pm

absolutely. make them by all means but they were their own animal.

like you say sell them with a different sku and at a different price point. poor doesn't begin to sum them up.

mattel really got the unlimited lines wrong. in particular the batman unlimited line should have been a license to print their own money.
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Anarky » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:16 am

I know it's part of where the consumer dollar is headed- my local target still has flash and hawkman and seeing how even Disney is trying their take on Skylanders... I don't know if I'd blame Mattel as much but it's still super annoying
Anarky
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Caleb » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Jeez, I think I forced myself to forget how terrible the Injustice Green Lantern figure actually looks. Thanks for the reminder. H.R. Giger's Batman, Bawdy Gypsy Joker, and X-Treme 90's Green Lantern...ugh, what an awful-looking group of toys. I know these guys have their fans, but I don't count myself among those people.

Was there supposed to be a fourth BU wave, or is Vampire Bats / BTB the last hurrah for that line?
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:30 pm

Damian and Batman Beyond were planned, I believe. Not sure if they were OFFICIALLY Batman Unlimited, but they were announced nonetheless. See below:

BatmanBeyond.jpg

DamianWayne.jpg
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Caleb » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Ohhhhh yeah, I forgot about Damien. Okay, then I believe those were just officially cancelled. It's a shame because that Batman Beyond looks pretty cool. I already have him, but I'd be down for seconds just to get the wings.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:25 am

Not to mention that BB Bats was supposed to be a matte black this time around vs the shiny we have now...At least they tried to use Damien as an extra nugget to get more sub sales, but we all know that didn't work out that way.

I was hoping it would help push more cuz I sure didn't want to buy the DC Direct Damien (even though it looks SO much better than Mateos), but now I have to....damn you 37%!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Next

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel