Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Scott says, "One last surprise for DCUC"

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Scott says, "One last surprise for DCUC"

Postby Avalon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:32 pm

Anyone want to weigh in one what Scott said to AFI?

I’m really excited about the quarterly DCUC releases and I’m so glad we had 4 figures far enough along to have a full year “program” (and no sub needed, all are day of).

While this is definitely the “swan song” for DCUC Signature series, we couldn't let the line go out without something special. And no I am not talking about Unleashed Doomsday, (to avoid rumors) but we do have a little special goodbye gift for the line (and the fans). I can’t say more now, but hopefully some news at New York Toy Fair. And that is definitely a wrap for 6″ 4HM! One last hurrah before the curtain drops. Take a look at our booth for what we might have in mind!
as quoted from their site.

Whatever it is, I'm happy to get whatever it is... I'm just happy to get something beyond the final figures.
Last edited by Avalon on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Scott says, "One last surprise for DCUC"

Postby Caleb » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:45 pm

It's Flashpoint Plastic Man.

So it's not the Unleashed Doomsday, then? Interesting, and I'm glad he cleared that up. I'm not sure what to hope for here, since he's so mum on hints. But I'm definitely happy to see there's one more surprise in store for us. Is there any team they were THIS close to completing? I know Vixen was a pretty glaring hole in the JL lineup, but there were more than a few members absent from that particular team.

Cutting the head off this dragon before it rears, I highly doubt it's Granny - too much tooling, even for the last hurrah, IMO.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:50 pm

Really, not a darned clue who or what it could be. Probably a pack-in of some sort, though, like Krypto or Mr. Mxy. And possibly free like Slimer was to the GB subscribers? I dunno. Maybe they've got nothing planned and are combing the boards for suggestions. :smlol:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tango X » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:59 pm

I'd love a PVC "Pack-in" multipack with Myx, Krypto, Ch'p, Koko, etc. :batlol: If for no other reason than I'm greedy and that would knock out several characters from the DC Universe instead of one.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:00 pm

It might even be Nekron's Scythe. I hope for others that it is but for my sake that it isn't. :smlol:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:21 pm

It's a Batman repaint!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:24 pm

Idiot Savant wrote:It's a Batman repaint!

I only want it if it uses Planet X Batman as a base. :batrasp:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:35 pm

He hints it has something to do with the booth and the only things I noticed in the images I saw was that it looked like Red Hood was MIA as a loose display(but that could just be the angle of the photo), and dcuc theme for the display was Super Powers. So I'm guessing its either Red Hood or SP related.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:40 pm

Man if it's neck brace Orion, I'm gonna cry and it's not tears of joy.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Havok1891 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:22 pm

Here is how I will break it down:

1) What makes most sense based on what would make a lot of people happy combined Mattel being cheap (or limited by budget reasons): Super Powers repaints. Superman is obvious. Wonder Woman is second most likely (she is even needed). Fully blue mask Batman would be third most likely, but could get the spot over Wonder Woman so they can call it that name they give the two of them together . . . I forget it but it's something like "America's heroes."

Personally I think it should be a trio pack of all 3. They really complete the Super Powers crew (in my book) and we get a shot at Wonder Woman and a more Neal Adams like Batman that isn't so pricey. I know I could stand to have a grey and light blue Batman.

And if they really wanna go nuts they could have cloth capes, but that would really probably rile more people up than it should appease.

2) If they want to finish a team, Kyle Rayner Green Lantern. But that doesn't have the "swan song" feel to it they probably want.

3) They do something that is really really disappointing for me personally. Sort of like giving me Gordon at this stage. Yeah, it would be nice . . . but what's the point at this stage? You know?

4) They actually surprise me with something cool and not done (unlikely) and we get Vixen.

DCUCCk13Display1.jpg
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel