Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Mattel DC Comics 6-Inch Multiverse Figures

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: Mattel DC Comics 6-Inch Multiverse Figures

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:49 am

It's weird because you get used to the skinny arms after a decade and now I look at Ivy and she seems too thick, I think it's the manly forearms more than anything. It's kind of the same way I felt about the Walmart Harley. Kind of an underwhelming display buy Mattel, but oh well, Hasbro is going to take so much of my money in SW and ML anyway.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:21 am

I actually like the thicker body type and bigger forearms, but I always had issues the proportions and durability of the smaller body. It's a shame that now Matty's finally got their equivalent of the ML Moonstone female buck, they've got to hand the reins off.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:14 am

I guess after all these years I grew accustom to the skinny limbs. I'm still waiting to see anything new in stores. Some Wallys and Targets in the area have 0 Multiverse figures on hand. But since they're making mostly new looks and movie figures, I won't miss them as much if they're done as opposed to when DCUC ended. Plus, the different bodies don't exactly mesh perfectly anyway. I'm not too upset to close this chapter on a toyline. I guess it doesn't hurt to have 100s of DCUC fodder figures in totes.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby wingnut1969 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:26 pm

I don't understand why they would come out with another Ivy and Riddler. They look good enough but talk about wasted efforts. That Joker figure looked pure unadulterated ass. For being a movie figure - according to Toyark - it looked nothing like Nicholson. Red Robin looks passable but I would have hoped for better. The Multiverse figures have been so hit and miss it's like Mattel has just been phoning it in except for TV/Movie figures. No wonder they lost the master license.

Which, while I'm at it: I don't know what to make of the McFarlane move. McFarlane makes nice looking toys - still love the Movie Maniacs and Hanna-Barbera stuff - but I'm concerned they won't mesh well with DCUC/Multiverse figures. Am I the only one to suffer from this?
wingnut1969
Partner
Partner

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:59 am

The Joker seems less like a movie figure and more like a remake/scaling up of the old movie line figure.

McFarlane won me over with Fortnite. The sculpts and articulation in that line suggest they could make great DC figures. They just need a better release schedule.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:52 pm

I’m fine (for the most part) with reused characters, as long as there’s a marked improvement; these don’t fit the bill.

They should’ve just used the spot for a new figure to fill in the ranks before they lose the license
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:07 pm

I'm hoping the figures from McFarlane still scale with Mattel but I won't hold my breath. Are Mattel definitely losing their license or is it just a deal like DC has with Neca, Bandai and the like?
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:30 pm

It sounds like they did, but I haven't seen it confirmed. I saw an interview with McFarlane where he talks about wanting to do different versions of Batman and Superman, and I'm just thinking, oh, great, like the early days. To make it worse he talks about wanting to do figures based on Frank Miller's Dark Knight. Yikes. Why bother? I can still buy the ones Mattel released 3-4 years ago that never sold, lol. I don't have high hopes for me getting anything.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:25 pm

Kind of sucks for me but we got one of the most comprehensive collections for any figure line through Mattel. There was actually nothing wrong with the Mattel DKR figures other than that I'm not that huge a fan of Miller's visual take on Bats but the figures were all pretty accurate. McFarlane taking over to me could mean anything but I just see hundreds of lackluster hyper detailed Elseworlds Batmans like the Spawn line. lol.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:17 am

If you're clamoring for an update of the old Legends of the Dark Knight line, Todd's got your back!

I'm just holding out hope that Todd does a lot of the DC magic characters, which is my favorite area of the DCU. Seems like a natural aesthetic for the company (even though Fortnite has shown they can do cartoony stuff well). I could go for new releases of Etrigan, Swamp Thing, Zatanna. Hey, maybe we'll finally get an Enchantress!
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel