Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Mattel DC Comics 6-Inch Multiverse Figures

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: Mattel DC Comics 6-Inch Multiverse Figures

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:15 am

I mean, McFarlane's Fortnite figures look cool, but at seven inches and $24.99, they aren't something I'd buy. $19.99 right now is pushing it for me. It isn't an issue of being able to afford them, it's an issue of thinking the price isn't worth it. I look at the Black Series Gamorrean Guards, and man, I'd like a couple. But at $29.99? Pass.

I assume Todd's upped his game in recent years, but I remember when "super-articulated" meant you can move Spawns arms, lol. I just don't see me investing in a new DC line from scratch again.

Grampa, tell me 'bout the good 'ol days...
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:43 am

Hah! It's totally fair. I don't anticipate getting many figures from this line either. And I'm hoping they stick to 6-inch, but Todd gonna Todd. I do think they're gonna be great figures, but maybe DC figures need a few years off like Marvel Legends had.

Those Gamorrean Guards are amazing, but I think everyone's waiting for clearance.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:16 pm

I'd be down for the magic characters but I'd be concerned with their approach. I'm all in for an 80s Suicide Squad Enhantress but I could see them going hard on a more modern gothic dark fantasy version with their own flavour. I could see them leaning more in the direction of Shadowpact with the generic weekend Wiccan tarot card reader look.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:01 pm

Oh man, Shadowpact Enchantress...I'm surprised they didn't just call her Emerald Witch, considering the style of that costume.

My hope would be an 80s Squad classic witchy Enchantress, because no one ever gets to wear conical witch hats in comics anymore, but I wouldn't be opposed to JL Dark hoodie Enchantress. At least both costumes are uniquely hers.

Generally speaking I think they'll hew close to comic designs, so I don't expect these to be Todd McFarlane-ish DC characters. I'm not sure how much involvement he'll even have in the designs here. But given his awesome Hobgoblin during his Spider-Man years, I'm kind of hoping we'll see a Ragman.

secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:16 pm

Go where it all began, Infinity Inc.!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Avalon » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:41 pm

I am with you guys and definitely lean on conical hat Enchantress over any other version. I would also be for Shadowpact Detective Chimp, Ragman and Rook, FWIW. Nightshade, I would take classic Charlton black and orange or 1980s Suicide Squid black and purple. Reminded me of the Baroness in the classic Joe comics. Good balance of sexy and class.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:49 am

Love Nightshade. I've got a custom of her Squad jumpsuit look, actually!
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:47 pm

Was surprised to see the entire Cros wave at Walmart today though I couldn't bring myself to buy any of them. Initial impressions:
Killer Croc looks way too big for my taste
I know Batman is supposed to be Dick, but he looks super weird and scrawny.
Robin looks fine, just not a costume I need in my collection.
Red Hood looked ok, just not high enough on my list to care.
Alfred looks good, will probably get eventually, just didn't feel like paying $20 for a Butler.
Katana, girl looks tanned. I think they really wanted to emphasize that. She looked fine enough, just not a costume I prefer. Again, someone I'll probably get, just didn't feel the need to buy. Kind of lame they gave her only one open hand to hold her blade, Matte being cheap, I guess. I'd rather have two open hands and no closed fist, than the two fists and one open hand it looks like she comes with.
KGBeast looked kind of odd. Thick, but squat, like a large mock up of Alpha Flight's Puck. Would've thought he'd be taller.

Overall the wave looked ok for Multiverse, but with Croc being 12 feet tall, I'll probably skip most of the wave or wait for them to be cheaper if they last that long. None of them screamed out to me as must haves for $20. I know a lot of people want Alfred, but at the end of the day he's still a butler to me, and paying $20 for a butler feels weird.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:53 pm

Already??? Wow.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:36 pm

Yeah, I wasn't expecting see them either. Amazon has them on pre-order for October.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel