Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Creepier Coming Soons

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Creepier Coming Soons

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:43 am

Well if you see the films see them in order, their very good.

Here's a very underrated Universal one, 1946's The Brute Man! It starred Rondo Hatton. I loved him, he really looked that because its the way he was born, he never wore makeup, masks or anything! This is the one he play The Creeper!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:53 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:37 am

The Hunchback was pretty darn good, one of the first Universal Monsters :blbat:

Here's the Jungle Captive movies. It's a trilogy but I couldn't find the trailer to the second film Jungle Woman (1944). These are great & underrated Universal Monster movies.

1943's Jungle Wild Woman stars the legendary John Carradine and the beautiful Aquanetta!

Here's the third one, 1945's Jungle Captive. Rondo Hatton is in this one and he's really great here!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:39 pm

I've never seen those. There's a bunch of Universal Monsters movies on TCM tonight starting with Frankenstein, Bride of, Phantom, Horror of Dracula, etc.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:00 pm

I've definitely gotta give Unnamable another watch. It's been a long time. Really digging all the Universal Monster love. I'm a big fan of this stuff.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:46 am

PB - I've seen that trailer before on Peacock, their really hyping it up. The trailer make sit look like something like Saw and gonna be really gory but then when they they say it's PG-13 it;s like there's not gong to be as much as there could be but who knows, may not :roll:

Acid - You definitely should, The Unnamable is a great one! I know, you can never have enough Universal Monsters so here's one more :blaq:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:14 am

My son went and saw FNAF on Thursday, he said it wasn't really scary at all. The movies in a tricky spot because they know kids are going to want to see it, so they can't really get too dark. My daughter was surprised it was PG-13 and not R, but they would lose half their business if they made it R. I might watch it with them, maybe even tonight.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:12 am

Well that's good. Seems like kids aren't afraid of much in this modern era.

That Creature Lagoon film was really good, I loved how it continued from the first. You know there's a third one right :?: You got one more to go :blbat:

DOUBLE FEATURE!

Stephen King's The Shining! My Grandma really didn't like cause it wasn't really to to the book.

Stephen King's Doctor Sleep! I saw this at the show on the IMAX screen back when it came out in 2019. Obi Wan Kenobi plays the boy all grown up. Rebecca Ferguson is great here. They did a really good job continuing the story from the first one.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:03 pm

I never saw Dr Sleep. Maybe I'll do the Creature one someday. Saw this last night on Svengoolie.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:48 am

Well if you do sometime see The Shining first because Doctor Sleep follows it up quite well, really when I saw it at the show I was in awe at how close it did :o The Terror film is fantastic! Here's Nightmares from 1983, this marks its 40th anniversary :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions