Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Creepier Coming Soons

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

31 Days of Creepier Coming Soons

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:17 pm

:?: Get your popcorn ready!

Here be 31 days of all the movies to stop your heart or close your eyes in terror as darkness falls across the land. The midnight hour is close at hand.

So let's watch some classic trailers. Maybe you've seen them. maybe not Maybe you've seen the movie. Or maybe you're too chicken.

Feel free to share your own trailers. Terror comes in many forms. The undead. Space, where no one can hear you scream. Or even all work and no play. Or Clint Eastwood in a bathtub.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: 31 Days of Creepy Coming Soons

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:23 pm

So without further ado, one of my favorite Halloween films growing up and something I still watch each year...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:30 am

Oh man, I knew you were gonna post about the Monster Squad ;) Its a tremendous one indeed. There is no other movie like it, it has so much in it all seems so real, all makeup and hardly any CGI. I don't know if you know Stan Winston. He was the leading monster & creature creator in the 80s & 90s. He was the Jim Henson of Creatures! Anyway I have always loved his work on the Monster Squad especially the Gill-man and the Wolfman but the Dracula in this film is My fave Dracula I have ever seen and I have seen most Dracula films! Great choice PB ;)

Monster Squad 1.jpg

Monster Squad 2.jpg
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:02 am

It might be just a little early but I wanted to post it, there is plenty more out there of this franchise :batsmile: Me & My Grandma had a tradition, every year for years We'd get the biggest pumpkins We could, We'd carve them out on Halloween morning like 12:00 AM and watch BOTH Halloween 2 films BACK TO BACK while doing it late at night. It was fun times :)

Look at how classic these are, part 2 is no longer cannon but gosh it was great and also look at how the Halloween atmosphere was here, I missed them days so much.

We can revisit these when it nears Halloween with the current timeline and the sequel in-between as well :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:19 am

Good thing you stopped at 2, because we don't talk about 3 around here, lol. It never happened. It was all a dream, Bobby Ewing. Interesting tidbit, the original title for Halloween was The Babysitter Murders but a producer thought tying it in to the holiday might be a better idea and thus, Halloween was born. Might be a completely different world had that not happened.

I met my wife throw my best friend's GF at the time, and the four of us would get together and try to watch the worst horror movies we could find. Truly awful, low-budget stuff like Uncle Sam and Jack Frost, in an attempt to see who could select the worst movie of the night. We had a lot of free time back then, lol. Not that I think these are awful, but they turned me on to this series, and I've been a big fan ever since.

Now, I knew who Bruce Campbell was before because I was a big fan of The Adventures of Briscoe County Jr. that used to air on Friday nights before the X-Files. And then the series Jack of All Trades. So yeah, I was happy when he was in the first Spiderman and Burn Notice. So here's a Bruce Campbell trifecta.

Army of Darkness is actually my favorite because I love the comedy aspects of it.

Bruce Campbell bonus:

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:58 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:02 am

Actually isn't cannon now either, all of the rest of the originals too. Good Story. I love Brace Campbell all them films were great especially AOD.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:41 am

Yeah, Halloween movie continuity is worse the DC Comics.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:10 am

Ah Ghoulies was so fun really. OK, I saw your Tunes and I had to do this. I love the X-Files, I followed the show nearly it's whole run, seeing season 1 when it first aired was like no other. I had a big crush on Scully especially in the film. Anyway I loved the movie Fight the Future in 98, IMO its arguably the best film you could, its just so great.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:26 am

I was a huge fan of The X-Files too. Like I'd said about Ghost Hunters, when The X-Files came out there was simply nothing else like it on TV. But I hated the last season that was on Netflix. It almost felt like it was condescending and mocking the fandom. I don't know what it was, I just didn't like it at all. Maybe I'd changed by then, I don't know.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to General Discussions