Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Creepier Coming Soons

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Creepy Coming Soons

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:05 am

I saw this a while back, it's pretty w0k3 and this is what I've been talking about...it's in everything now shoving it in our face but it was and ok film. As My Grandma would say..."He's a bad Bacon" :)

I saw this on Peacock a while back, it was pretty good with a cool setting of the late 70s in the similar vein of Stranger Things with a supernatural twist :o

I saw this advertised last week on Peacock and I thought it looked good so I just saw this on Peacock. Since you have access to the service I recommend it.

Spoiler:
It has a climax with a similar concept like Jurassic World: Dominion :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

By the way, they have a big selection of Halloween flicks that is classic and otherwise and will have Halloween Ends THIS WEEK ON FRIDAY :!: So if your bored and have nothing to do and have access then now you know some options with everything I posted above ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:08 am

I don't really watch movies much anymore, especially horror films. Haven't seen one in a longtime I thought was any good. The first one I'd skip based on the name alone. The Black Phone looked kind of interesting. Saw a preview for The Beast when we saw the new Jurassic Park. It reminded me of The Ghost and the Darkness, which I actually saw in the theatre. Not really something I'd watch these days.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:07 am

Well no wonder why your bored when you don't watch anything any more :roll: No horror movies :o Now see, I'm like never judge a book by it's cover, in fact the names are quite attractive me, even if they are silly sounding. I don't know what your reason is but Mine was quite different. If you knew all the symbolism and all the other stuff that I found out over the years via deep diving on accident & intentionally going down Wabbit Holes you wouldn't watch anything nor like anybody anymore :roll: I mean it's in everything as I've said before. Prob is most people ain't looking for it even though it's in plain sight.

I never saw Uncle Sam before, I heard of it but never got to it. It looked ok.

About THEY/THEM

Spoiler:
Well I don't know if you really know how this androgynous society is now. if you ever come across it anywhere I'm warning you there that there is a lezzi/girl on girl scene and a trans/gay man on gay man scene. the lizzi scene is ok, not that graphic but the you can clearly tell about the male scene. I'd rather watch a lezzi scene than a gay scene if its in a movie but I do not prefer it. They talk about the proper pronouns hence the title "They/Them". The girl/them in the TV show Deputy really revealed about how they and others are not "BINARY" and that was a few years ago. I did think the title was clever though with the slash since's its a slasher-type movie. I'm just giving you the heads up so you know what to expect if you or your family comes across it.

Oh Black Phone is really good, I'd check it out :)

I would really give BEAST a chance. Your kids liked Jurassic World so this isn't too far behind that. There are poachers in it with a bit of CGI animal killing which I hate poaching but that's how the story starts and I do not have any remorse for them poachers nor condone poachers in real life. There's 2 cute girls in it as well that are actually entertaining. Idris Elba is the star. It's a little more ruff than JW but it's not that much more. Its a pretty good film. Oh yes, it was like The Ghost in the Darkness in ways. I saw that at the show too in 96, it has a great score by Jerry Goldsmith. My Grandma was more into it than I was, she bought the documentary of the 2 lions!

OK, now here is My entries for today...ARE YOU READY :? :batsmile:

THE PUMPKINHEAD SERIES! I don't know if you seen'em or not so...

Here is Pumpkinhead from 1988. When I saw the trailers when it first came out I wanted to see it a lot, it's really great & spooky. Lance Henriksen is the star. Old woman Haggis is so creepy, great music and the film is actually directed by special effects master STAN WINSTON and the creature is awesome which was created by him & his team!

Now Pumpkinhead II: Bloodwings came out in 1994 directly on VHS. It's good but it really doesn't continue after the first one. Kinda like a reboot. Haggis is far different in this one and the film is much gorier than the first one which was kinda lacking in this category. The creature is really good here.

Now here is Pumpkinhead; Ashes to Ashes from 2006. It is really a DIRECT sequel to the first one and Lance is it and Haggis is back to true form. Its quite gory and the creature is great.

Now when they filmed Ashes to Ashes they also filmed Pumpkinhead: Blood Feud that came out in 2007 back to back for Sci-Fi. Lance is back, so is Haggis and has a terrific score that is nearly identical to the previous one. It's really an insane film and its quite gory too. Its in the 2000s before most of everything would be tamed down come the 2010s.

More later :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:41 am

I almost did Pumpkinhead when we were talking about Millenium and Lance Henriksen. I saw the first couple but not the more recent ones. I don't know what it is, but like I've said before, with three kids I don't really have the attention span for two-hour movies anymore.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:07 am

How about that. Yep, Lance has been in just about everything as he is one of the few actors than can say I've been in Pumpkinhead, X-Files & Millennium. Its known that he along with the late great Bill Paxton he is the only one that has been part of Alien, Predator & Terminator. He's even been in at least a couple different Bigfoot movies too not to mention being a big villain in Stone Cold and Hard Target among other stuff.

More Crypt Keeper, it must be his day :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:54 am

Well, every ghoul has it's day...

Some movies people are dying to see.

These jokes slay me. Speaking of sleighs...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:37 am

Oh indeed they do :blaq: Gosh, that was one heck of Horrormas fest ;)

OK now check this. I love these 2 films. There fantastic movies. Their really female powered and I dig Natalie Mendoza, the Asian/Latina babe, she is a real fighter! It has a superb score, look in the Halloween Tunes section for a great piece of music from the films there!

The Decent - Natalie Mendoza 1.jpg

These are some terrifying movies and still from the times in the 2000s when films were still gory that was totally serious and I love how the sequel continues RIGHT AFTER the first, The Decent movies are so cool :batsmile:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:22 am

The first Descent was pretty good. Don't think we ever saw the second one.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:36 am

Cool. Well like I said, the sequel contiunes right sfter the first one left off, it has tremendous continuity :batsmile:

Here we go again with coincidences :? I am a huge Thing fan, I just watched the original 1951 film, the prequel & the Carpenter one. What the heck is going on here?

My Grandparents were shocked when they went to they show and saw it in 82 which is 40 years ago this year :o My Grandma didn't like the dog parts cause she was a major dog breeder not to mention animals in general, if you don't recall look it up in her tribute, I mean she was major.

Anyway here is the prequel. I was so astounded when I saw this at the show cause I was only 1 when the JC one came out.

I talked about and showed My big experience in My Odds & Ends if you you haven't already seen it already.

I may elaborate more on this franchise later on in a major spotlight :shock:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:58 am

The first one was pretty disturbing for that era. I never saw the new one. Don't know if I ever knew it existed or just forgot it did. Not sure.

Twofer today

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions