Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Spooky Tunes Redux

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Spooky Tunes Redux

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:46 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:28 am

Yes, I recall the Ramones & Pet Cemetery.

Here's Danny Elfman's Sleepy Hollow. Oh this is one of his biggest ones he's done. It's tremendously dark and wonderfully dire :batsmile: Listen, LISTEN to that choir, I love it :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:50 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:44 am

That was ok.

Here's Christopher Young's Hellraiser 1 & 2. I posted a couple cues of his before including his great Invaders from Mars and I hope you give these a chance :) Like I said, he's a horror master, even more so than Danny Elfman. It's a shame that this never caught on like John Carpenter's Halloween theme did because I have always loved these and I love Young's sound, that's him playing the piano!

Listen to the choir, it's so magnificent!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:37 am

The music is pretty good, but from what I've seen just never got into the movies.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:20 am

I'm glad you liked that, it's one or two of the of the best :) That Gerard Way was good, I liked the way they looked. :blbaf:

Just posted You Might Be The Killer in the Coming Soons, here's the excellent song that was in that trailer and it's part of the film as well in the end credits. I've listen and sung this great song countless times since it came out in 2018, 5 years ago this year :)

Here's a cue from the great score by Andrew Morgan Smith. He's very good and I like his sound, his music can be quite aggressive too :batwink:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:31 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:07 am

Here's 2 great cues from Friday the 13th: Part 7 The New Blood by the man that made the classic Jason sound Harry Manfredini :blbat:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:34 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:54 am

That was a really cool Muppets one ;)

I just posted both 80s Fly movie trailers so to go with them here's their great themes :)

The Fly from 1986 - This is by Howard Shore. He's very underrated. He did the Lord of the Rings Trilogies. This main title is such a classic and if you know the film then undoubtedly you know how well this music works and makes the film even more horrific :blbat:

The Fly II from 1989 - The other day I posted Hellraiser 1 & 2's music by Christopher Young whom is the uncrowned king of horror music. This was actually the first music I heard of him when I was much younger and I just loved his sound. If you go back and play Hellraiser you'll see that this awesome Fly II theme sounds a lot like that :blww: Also the music fits the film so much :blsm:

NOTE: I own a special official score imported release on CD that I got a long time ago with both scores on it, it's one heck of an album :blmm:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions