Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas: Store Commercials

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Countdown to Christmas: Store Commercials

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:30 am

Yes they are and yes, what you said before about Vidlers sounded great. Gosh, that was a wonerful JC Penny Commercial :scww:

Here's two Christmas Famous-Barr Commercials from 1991. If you not familiar with them, they were actually Macy's. I showcased the one We used to have in South Town that was next to National on Kingshighway & Chippewa. It was a superb store. They had everything. I loved that they had a separate entrance that went underground that was an escalator. Oh I was a youngster but gosh I sure recall that when you went the escalator there was the toy isle and the first thing you saw was a ton of MOTU figures there :o Oh I loved that...they had so much there even exotic pet shop :o Sadly they went out of business in the late mid to late 80s and the building was abandoned for years till they tore it down then the Walgreens across the street built a building there and moved in plus other stuff and all of that history is gone and only a handful of people like Me are keeping it going :roll: Here's the pics from My showcase :)

This is were the Escalator was.

Before & After.

Here's the commercials from 1991 :scbat: :scww: :scsm: :schal: :scmm: :scbaf: :scaq: :blaq:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:52 pm

Very 90s apparel!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:44 pm

And who doesn't love 90s apparel?
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:07 pm

Yeah it was 90s apparel, IMO people looked so good in the 90s and especially the women. Times that I miss :roll:

How about that Zody's :scbat: Ah yes, I remember 8-Tracks, My Grandma's big Cadillacs had the option for them, that's how I learned about them when I was a youngster :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:00 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:26 am

Gosh, 92 was something...the commercials in the 90s were so cool, even places like Future Shop up North that I'm not familiar with too :scsm: :scww:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:50 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:32 am

Oh that was a great After Christmas K-Mart commercial there...1983...40 years ago this year :o

OK, well since your doing that here these Sears ones from 1984 & 1990 :scbat: :scww: :scsm:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:28 pm

Yeah, I figure we'd ride out the year with post-holiday sale commercials because, why not.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:23 am

OK good. that was a nice JC Penny After Christmas Commercial from 1987 ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions