Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Countdown to Christmas

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:09 am

All of that was pretty good with the Muppets & Superman. That was a good video game list she had there...can't beat NBA Jam, still one of the funnest games you can play :) You haven't posted Sears Wish Book 1991 which was a great year and book so I thought I would ;) This has a ton of great stuff including Hasbro WWF figures & My ToyBiz Marvel Superheros plus a ton of great video game stuff :scbat: :scww: :scsm: :schal: :scmm: :scbaf: :scaq: :blaq:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:24 pm

Hmm, thought I did '91. I guess that;s the problem with doing them out of order. It's funny, those catalogs were like the Amazon of our childhoods.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:47 am

Nope, not that I recall anyway. I like mix ups yes but I always find it better doing things in order, chronological order, year by year and so on or at least close enough together ;) Oh yes, they really were like that :)

Good stuff, unbelievable that silent movie was a 125 years ago THIS YEAR :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: :scmm:

Here's this really good early Christmas shopping at Woolworth in 1990. According to the description, it's in Florida and was severely damaged by a fire...now it made it's grand re-opening just in time for Christmas :scbat: :scww: :scsm: :schal: :scmm: :scbaf: :scaq: :blaq:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:45 pm

Ugh, I hate when stores are crowded like that, lol.

Geez, tomorrow is Chrostmas Eve already. Sheesh.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby OneNineSix » Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:56 pm

Getting all my last minute gift wrapping done now. Trying to figure out what to get for people ain't easy sometimes!
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:03 pm

I'm in the same boat. December has been a crazy month for me. It's sad because we haven't gotten to get through a lot of our usual traditions this year just because of timing and things coming up constantly. Hope everyone is enjoying this festive time, either way! We're consolidating probably two weeks worth of advent calendar openings that we missed into 1 day.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:30 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:21 am

Lol.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:18 am

I'm not a big fan of crowds either. I was really impressed with some of the people's comments.

@Stefanobertuglia
7 months ago
Things were so much more simpler in the 90s. I know every decade has its issues. But I truly miss the 80s and the 90s. Especially during the holidays. It felt magical. I can’t explain it. I’m sure everyone in their late 30s-40s knows what I’m talking about. Technology also really ruined our human to human skills. Not one person distracted from a cellphone or iPad.

@ponchoman49
8 months ago (edited)
Wow no fighting or stampedes, no smart phones, nicer people, built in food counters, better quality Christmas items and a great shopping experience without loads of digital distractions and problems. Really miss these types of stores and wish we could have places like this back again.

@maranda7033
7 months ago
I love how everyone is neatly dressed, hair is done and makeup on women is not exaggerated. Shoppers acting like real humans!

@maxonthemountain2062
8 months ago
What I love is they weren't crazy. They weren't storming in pushing and shoving and hurting others. Gone are the days of respecting each other.

@kelleywyskiel3478
8 months ago
Wow, what happened to us as a society because these early Christmas shoppers are absolutely lovely!

@JennaRobertson
7 months ago
We really didn’t know how good we had it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, be glad you have busy times with family, wrapping presents and all that stuff :)

Great toys of the 80s & 90s there. Good Raymond. That Star Wars was cute. Amazing that the person that made that video put Jerry Goldsmith's Outland in it while the Emperor is talking to Lord Vader, that wasn't a bad choice and probably not that many people noticed it which is a shame...I spotlighted that great film & movie in the regular movie trailer topic a while back ;)

Sears Wish Book 1998 - 25 years ago this year :scbat:

Here's this from 1993, 30 years ago this :scbat: :scww: :scsm: :schal: :scmm: :scbaf: :scaq: :blaq:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:18 pm

Yeah, everyone is so chill in those videos, which is funny, because by the time I started working at the mall in 1996 they weren't that chill anymore. But by the time I got to Walmart in about 2007 people had become savages. And for what? The same crap electronics every year.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions