Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Countdown to Christmas

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:57 pm

I think Rage Against the Machine said it best:

It has to start somewhere,
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now?

It starts sooner and sooner every year, doesn't it? It used to be you had to wait until Black Friday for the radio stations to start with the Christmas music but now it seems like the moment the calendar flips from Octoaber to November that somewhere Mariah Carey's telling us all she wants for Christmas.

So, like with the Halloween threads, this will sort of be the Christmas catch-all to give a nice hot cup of nostalgia.

Whatever isn't covered in the other various threads you might just find under this tree. A little bit of this, a little bit of that, you never know what Santa might bring here so be sure to check back every day or else you might get a lump of coal in your stocking.

Just like the Halloween threads I'd prefer to keep these interactive, so PLEASE, share whatever you like, just be sure to check out all the other threads chock full of Frankincense and mirth!

Christnas at the Movies: Trailers!
general-discussions/christmas-at-the-movies-trailers-t1275.html

Christmas Music!
post45112.html#p45112

Christmas Store Commercials
general-discussions/christmas-countdown-store-commercials-t1276.html

General Christmas Commercials
general-discussions/countdown-to-christmas-general-commercials-t1277.html

Dad Jokes to make you go Ho Ho Ho!
post45115.html#p45115

And yes, Virginia, just like at Halloween, expect lot's of Community clips in this thread.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Countdown to Christmas

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:49 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:19 pm

Wait what? I didn't even get through the Halloween stuff yet. LOL.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:47 pm

That's so last month.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:25 am

OK, here is My first participation in these Christmas topics for this year :o

Oh yes, she is terrific :batsmile:

Yes, I have said it before, the days are getting shorter & shorter, ever notice how it seems like everyday is a 16 hour day instead of a 24 hour one :? It has nothing to do with AGE NOR SEASON like they say...BELIEVE Me when I say THAT :!:

Cool you put the Paul Wight there from Jingle all the Way ;) Yeah PB but some of Us don't want Halloween to end ;) Including Me :blww: Great video especially those really cool gadgets and stuff from the past, I love stuff like that :)

I posted this a while back in My Vintage. I don't have much Christmas toys but these have always been special to Me so if anybody hasn't seen'em now's the time to do so :scbat:

Holiday Pez' & Bendables & more!

http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-vintage-action-figure-collection-willow-1988-t1087-80.html
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:34 pm

31 Days til Christmas

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:13 am

30 Days til Christmas...

AS you saw in the top-5 thread, It's a Wonderful Life is my favorite Christmas movie. When I was younger I didn't really get into it because it was black and white and really old, lol. My grandma watched it every year. Now I watched it several times a year. The town that Frank Capra based Bedfor Falls off of is actually in Central New York and during Covid, the wife and I took a weekend vacation to the Finger Lakes and Seneca Falls wasn't too far away so I actually was able to visit the museum and bridge.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:11 am

Unbelievable, 30 days to Christmas :o :shock: Wow, thanks for your trivia there and about your Grandma PB, it all sounds so good :)

Not really Christmas but Groundhog Day is one of the last days of cold weather holidays (if you celebrate it or even just do a little something about it) as I think of it like Halloween thru Valentines is the time for the good Holidays. When you said Finger Lakes it just triggered the Groundhog Day scene and so here is this great funny clip I've always loved :lol: :scbat: :scww: :scsm:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:12 am

29 Days til Christmas...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:03 am

Gosh, these are pretty good. Why is it always the black guy that gets the dress up like a tree treatment and a "future" Lando no less and I would really hate to be an ornament :? :o

Man that was CRICKET, PLAYMATES' first big toy until they took off with the TMNT :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: HOLY CRAP...did you see all of that MOTU & ThunderCats there :? They had the ETERNIA PLAYSET...arguably THE holy grail of all play sets :!: Amazing about all them companies toy earnings numbers too. Cool PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to General Discussions