Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Pro Wrestling Topics!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Pro Wrestling Topics!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:08 pm

I didn't really watch much NXT when Owens was around but I remember him being much more of a badass in ROH, whereas now he's sort of playing the buddy cop role. At times I don't mind the act, and actually I've enjoyed Jericho's stay for the first time in several years, but it would be different if he weren't the World Champ. It kind of demeans the title IMO, or at least has made it more of a secondary item alongside their team-up.

That being said, there aren't a lot of alternatives on Raw. I haven't cared much for Rollins and it's clear they're building toward a match with HHH at Mania. So who else is there? Reigns? Lord no. Part-timers like Lesnar, UT, or Goldberg? I guess that's why I've enjoyed Smackdown more since the split. Maybe a Finn Balor return can fix that?
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:30 pm

Royal Rumble was pretty meh. Cena/Styles was a great match but the rest was pretty forgettable.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:31 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Royal Rumble was pretty meh. Cena/Styles was a great match but the rest was pretty forgettable.

Agree with you ... Looks like Samoa Joe is the next TNA star to explode on the WWE scene.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:26 am

I was surprised to see Joe appear, but after the excellent promo HHH cut it makes total sense in terms or storyline. Say what you want about Hunter, and sometimes I get annoyed by all these part-timers that show up in time for WrestleMania, but the man can still cut a great promo. Except where does Joe go from here? Obviously Rollins will have to probably defeat Joe to get a match at HHH at WM, which means Joe will probably lose his first PPV match. I know they can still build him up as a monster, and this is to try and combat him getting cheered, but honestly, I'd rather cheer for Joe than Rollins. And if they want fans to root for Rollins, threatening Stephanie's children seems like a bad way to do so. Luckily Hunter didn't bring that up in his promo as that would almost make him the hero. I wasn't really too excited to see this match, but the buildup should get me more interested. Still, they need to do a better job of making Rollins the good guy here. After paling around with Reigns the last six months, it's hard for me to even root for Rollins.

On another note, I tried downloading that WWE jewel game for my phone. After the Rock the next two wrestlers they give you is Cena and Reigns so I uninstalled the game, lol.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:17 pm

I don't mind if they made Samoa Joe the Heel for the Authority / HHH and make Rollins the good guy here and they need to do it right. I think Rollins is being a little unfairly treated here the way he being mishandled by Kevin Owens of which I just can't stand at all and he's no Universal Champion in my book. To me, Owens should be a mid-card champion like United States Champion at best. That's my own opinion.

Samoa Joe is 37 ... Seth Rollins is 30 ... Kevin Owens is 32 ... to me they need to get Samoa on track first and have him kill Owens to be the ultimate heel and face him first for a non-title match and eventually get a three-way with Rollins, Owens, and Joe for the Universal Championship and the loser goes to NXT. This won't happen at all.

I'm curious what they are going to do with Joe and both A.j. Styles and John Cena are the same age and I would like to see them exchanging championship gold at least once or twice in a year due and have Styles to come on top and Cena will have the most championships than Ric Flair and pass the torch to Cena.

Both at 39 and I was shocked to see that.

Anyway, looks like TNA is well represented here and too bad TNA doesn't have Samoa Joe and A.J. Styles anymore.

TNA is pure garbage now and I don't watch it anymore.

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:10 am

What a Bummer!

I just read that WWE is considering reducing and cutting back on DVD and BLU-RAY Videos in the near future due to costs and among other things. Read the link below for additional information ...

http://wrestlingrumors.net/wwe-looks-cutting-back-blu-rays/

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:55 pm

I was stunned by Bray Wyatt victory to take the Gold in the Elimination Chamber Match of which I just watched a recorded at my friend place this morning. I was shocked and stunned by all this and I just don't understand the sudden appeal of Bray Wyatt into the Championship Spotlight so soon.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:42 pm

I guess it makes the most sense from a story standpoint to have Orton vs Wyatt. Not that I'm a fan of Orton, but I was glad to see Cena lose because the last thing I need is another Cena/Orton title match. AJ Styles was the star of that match, though. He took the most bumps and sold for everyone. I hope they do something big with him at WM. There's been rumors of him vs Shane McMahon for some unknown reason, and I think that would be a huge waste of his talent. Maybe he'll be in the title picture somehow. The rest of that PPV was forgettable. Three women's matches? Yikes.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:03 pm

Packerbacker,

I only watched the Elimination Chamber Match only and I've simply care less the rest of the show. I was shocked to see 3 Women Matches and that's UNHEARD of in any Pay Per View for Pro Wrestling.

I hope that AJ Styles doesn't get screwed by WWE and that's what I fear of. Cena is getting old and I'm getting tired of him already. Same with Jericho and Kevin Owens. I hate the idea of Samoa Joe being a bully and all that.

Right now, my days of Wrestling is pretty much over ... this could be my last year of watching it.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:56 pm

I say that every year, and a few months a year I drift away, but still regularly follow even if it's just checking results.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc