Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Pro Wrestling Topics!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Pro Wrestling Topics!

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:44 pm

It looked like a full case. It was the first time I'd seen either so they must just be hitting? They had Jericho with his sparkle jacket, too, and someone else, don't remember. I don't really follow who's coming out in what wave, I just like to look and see who's on the shelf. Though I would buy an Elite AJ Styles when I see one.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:45 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:I buy the occasional female for fodder but I do enjoy walking into a store and seeing new figures. Saw Kamala and Magnum TA the other day at a Walmart!

Magnum TA is one of my favorites in the late 70's and early 80's and I just can't believe that you saw him in Walmart. He and I are the same age and I'm a bit older than him. He's one of those wrestlers that really hit well with fans and he's quite personable that makes you feel like you are at home.

Man, that's sweet that you saw them at Walmart along with Kamala that I hardly knew much about him.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:35 am

TNA Wrestling is SOLD

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/tna-sale-update-wrestling-promotion-sold-anthem-sports-dixie-carter-resigns-president-577295

Dixie Carter is OUT as President of TNA IMPACT WRESTLING

I heard rumors about this and I wasn't expecting this to be so sudden and now Billy Corgan may end up being the new President and I don't know that this is official yet but they are re-organizing it and get their money problems in order before acquiring any new talents.

I was shocked to see Dixie Carter being gone and I knew that she will be out eventually and her era of high priced talent is pretty much over. TNA IMPACT wanted to add Alberto Del Rio but the new organization will not pick him up and that's why they don't care about him at all.

No Wrestling Organization will ever add him again. He is too toxic to add in.

I'm very surprised to see this happen and I'm very curious what in store of TNA IMPACT WRESTLING in 2017.

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:52 am

HARDY BOYS - TNA Wrestling

Many fans in WWE wanted to have the return of the Hardy Boys back to WWE and sad to say this that Jeff Hardy is a two time Drug Offender and if he receive another infraction he is banned from WWE forever; right now many fans in WWE are unhappy with that and they wanted him so bad that and Matt Hardy of whom doing quite successful in TNA Wrestling and a big draw that I've may add here and having said that - I just don't know whether the new organization will tolerate it any longer.

I was watching ROH Wrestling the other day and the Hardy Boys are invading ROH and wants to take the ROH TAG TEAM GOLD and I was stunned by this. It's looks like ROH Wrestling and TNA Wrestling are working together and possibly merge into one organization of which it's a remote possibility that this could happen.

I just wanted everyone here to know that.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:02 am

Jeff Jarrett is back behind the scenes at TNA so I think the odds are better to see some sort of TNA/Global Force Wrestling merger. Honestly, TNA needs a new image and with the start of this new year and new owner I would've thought a bigger change would've helped. But this last weeks TNA was the same old TNA, and I think that was a missed opportunity.

I believe the Hardys contracts are up in February so who knows where they'll go. For years I loathed the Hardys. I thought Jeff was an overrated addict who got way too many chances while other, more talented wrestlers didn't get deserving pushes. That all culminated with him showing up stoned to face Sting several years ago in an embarrassing PPV. To me they became Fatt and Meth Hardy, and I couldn't wait for them to disappear.

But this past year, Broken Matt Hardy has been one of the few entertaining things in pro-wrestling. Yeah, it's bizarre, sometimes a little too far out there, but they took the style Lucha Underground was using for storytelling and cranked it up to 11. And he plays the character so well that you can't help but be entertained. I could do without Itchweed and stuff, but I applaud them for going completely out of the box and trying something different.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:29 am

I did not know that - regarding Jeff Jarrett is back with TNA Wrestling, Packerbacker.

I understand that his role is an executive consultant and I don't know that it will impact his ownership with Global Force Wrestling of which I haven't seen on television yet.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am

packerbacker180 wrote:
I believe the Hardys contracts are up in February so who knows where they'll go. For years I loathed the Hardys. I thought Jeff was an overrated addict who got way too many chances while other, more talented wrestlers didn't get deserving pushes. That all culminated with him showing up stoned to face Sting several years ago in an embarrassing PPV. To me they became Fatt and Meth Hardy, and I couldn't wait for them to disappear.

I totally forgot about that and I was kind of disappointed hearing about that too. I just find Jeff Hardy a troubled man and I just can't stand Matt Hardy either. I agree that they should be out of professional wrestling for good. You are right about the Hardys.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:19 pm

I haven't really been impressed with the last few episodes. Same old, tired TNA. I was hoping with the new owners they might rebrand it, and I guess they still can, but new year, new owners, just seemed like the perfect jumping on point for a fresh start.

As is, the only show I regularly enjoy is Smackdown, and that in and of itself is something I never thought I'd say. Makes a huge difference now that the show is live and not taped days in advance so you can just check the results and save time. Plus, they have more guys I actually enjoy than Raw. Besides Jericho and Owens there isn't much on Raw to get me invested in 3 hours. They really need to cut back to 2 hours for both shows.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:36 pm

I totally agree that WWE should cut down both Raw and Smackdown down to 2 hours each and get rid of 20 percent of it's Superstars to be effective.

I don't really care for Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho at all. I think they need to get rid of Jericho and he's getting up in age around 46. Kevin Owens is basically a jerk that's they over-hype him a bit too much. I don't really care for Raw at all.

Right now, Lucha Underground is my favorite, followed by Smackdown, Ring of Honor, Raw, and Impact Wrestling.

I don't get Global Force Wrestling.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Avalon » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:43 pm

Looks like Snuka just bought the farm at 73. I don't know how I feel about that. On one end, he was a wrestling legend, on the other hand, he could've been a murderer.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc