Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Pro Wrestling Topics!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Pro Wrestling Topics!

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:27 am

I heard internet rumors that WWE is thinking of reviving WCW at some point in the near future. I will try to investigate it even further and keep you all in the loop with this development.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:43 pm

Not sure how they'd pull that off, they should've just made Smackdown into Nitro to really emphasize the brand difference, but it took them what, two weeks before guys from each show started showing up on the other.

And the Universal title has to be the worst name for a title ever.

Besides that, everything is...glorious!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:16 pm

I know what you mean here and I like that Bobby Roode Ciip too ... :)

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:25 pm

He cut a great old school promo too. He got the whole NXT crowd behind him then called them a bunch of fat slobs he was going to replace with corporate sponsors. Classic heeling.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:52 am

TNA Retired the KING of the MOUNTAIN BELT

This is the last of the Jeff Jarrett's ideas that been removed by Billy Corgan; and replace it with this new Belt

TNA GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP BELT
Last edited by Doctor Fate on Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:19 am

A good move as the KotM belt was one of the dumbest, meaningless titles ever invented.

It's crazy cuz I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually enjoying all this Matt Hardy stuff going on. It's so bizarre, but so different from anything I've ever seen in wrestling. I give them credit for trying something different. Yeah, it's a little eye-rolling, but it's very cinematic in a cheesy way.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:58 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:A good move as the KotM belt was one of the dumbest, meaningless titles ever invented.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TNA_King_of_the_Mountain_Championship

I agree with you 100% and this got to be one of most confusing titles that TNA ever created and I remember Booker T introduce it back in 2008 ... this belt has a history of only 8 years and it's keeps changing it name to reflect ever changing landscape of TNA Impact Wrestling.

Packer, I really, really hated this Championship Belt and I wish TNA get rid of the most idiotic belt of all time the X-Division Championship because the X doesn't mean a thing to me anymore and they should deactivate that belt to a replace it with a New Television Title Belt and I would like TNA adopt a ECW rule that this belt has to be defended every 30 days to order to bring excitement back into TNA Impact.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:57 pm

It was fine until they named it the King of the Mountain belt. King of what mountain? What does that even mean? Do you win a mountain? Did they all fight on top of a cage and the last one still on it won? It was a worse name than the Universal Title WWE has now. But I like that TNA is trying different things. I still don't care about many of their wrestlers, but at least it isn't trying as hard to be a WWE clone.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:00 pm

King of the Mountain Match
TNA Slammiversary 2009

This is an excellent example of this type of match that took place in 2009.

I watched this match back then.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:03 pm

KING OF THE MOUNTAIN MATCH
Match Description from Wikipedia

The five competitors in the match start out as "ineligible" to win. In order to become "eligible", a wrestler must score a pinfall or submission on an opponent. The opponent who submits or is pinned is forced to spend two minutes in the "penalty box" cage. More than one wrestler can be in the cage. This often results in wrestlers fighting inside the cage or forming some sort of alliance.

Once "eligible", the wrestler may win the match by retrieving the belt and hanging it on the hook suspended above the ring with the aid of the ladders. A TNA official maintains possession of the belt and circles the ring, staying out of the action as much as possible. When a wrestler wishes to hang the belt, he must retrieve it from the official. Once the belt is in play, any other wrestler who is eligible may attempt to steal the belt and hang it. Once the belt has been dropped and no wrestler is attempting to hang it, a referee returns the belt to the official.

The matchup is similar to the more common ladder match, which has the belt suspended above the ring and the winner is the one who retrieves it with the use of a ladder. The King of the Mountain match is considered backwards in nature to the ladder match, as the competitors attempt to hang the belt instead of retrieving it.

After a six-year hiatus the King of the Mountain match returned at Slammiversary XIII on June 28, 2015, with the winner becoming TNA King of the Mountain Champion.[1]

As of 2016, Jeff Jarrett has won the most King of the Mountain matches with three. Also, Samoa Joe, Suicide, Eric Young and Bram are the only wrestlers to retain a championship in the match.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_the_Mountain_match

Pretty Complex Match

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc