Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Pro Wrestling Topics!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Pro Wrestling Topics!

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:37 pm

Yeah, I saw this late last night and was pretty shocked. Feel bad that even when she died her death will be overshadowed by the death of Prince. RIP both.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri May 06, 2016 1:31 pm

I heard that Ring Of Honor - it's owner Sinclair Broadcasting Group (SBG) is thinking of acquiring TNA so that both of these companies will merge into one to compete with WWE. There is a slight chance of this happening and I feel that Sinclair Broadcasting Group needed more wrestlers to make an inroad against a powerhouse of WWE.

I really don't know what will happen here; but it's could happen in 2017 with ROH is merging with TNA.

Global Force Wrestling is having some trouble with financing and they may be forced to reduce payroll and I have a hunch that Chris Sabin, Mickie James, and possibly Scott Steiner leaving the company because Scott it's at odds with Jeff Jarrett who owns GFW. Both Chris Sabin and Micky James may rejoin TNA and work for a part-time basis.

This is what my friend told me about GFW.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 06, 2016 2:15 pm

I could probably count the number of wrestlers I'd want from TNA on my hands.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Sat May 07, 2016 8:45 pm

From the current roster, I'd take...
Allie (a.k.a. Cherry Bomb on the indies)
Ethan Carter III
Gail Kim
Jade (Mia Yim on the indies)
James Storm
Maria & Mike Bennett
Marti Bell
Rosemary (Courtney Rush on the indies)
Sienna (Allysin Kay on the indies)

Their women's division is actually pretty great again.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue May 10, 2016 3:30 pm

TNA Women Division is much better than WWE. secondwhiteline!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue May 10, 2016 3:32 pm

ESPN reported that some movie maker is thinking about making a movie regarding the life of ANDRE THE GIANT and it's focus the early days of this wrestler before he made the jump to WWF/WWE.

The movie is in developmental stages ... I would love to see this movie and I find Andre the Giant a very interesting character to do in a movie.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 10, 2016 5:28 pm

secondwhiteline wrote:From the current roster, I'd take...
Allie (a.k.a. Cherry Bomb on the indies)
Ethan Carter III
Gail Kim
Jade (Mia Yim on the indies)
James Storm
Maria & Mike Bennett
Marti Bell
Rosemary (Courtney Rush on the indies)
Sienna (Allysin Kay on the indies)

Their women's division is actually pretty great again.

Like I said, I could count them on my hands. It's sad to think back on all the time they wasted the Joes and AJs by focusing on the Nashs and Booker Ts instead, and crackheads like the Hardys. I like Cherry Bomb, she's from Toronto and her husband, Pepper Parks is from Buffalo. I know he signed with TNA about a month ago, has he been on TV at all?

It's a shame Storm went back to TNA. With the influx of NXT tag teams how awesome would Beer Money have been in the WWE?
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed May 11, 2016 1:04 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:

It's a shame Storm went back to TNA. With the influx of NXT tag teams how awesome would Beer Money have been in the WWE?

It was the stupidest thing that WWE has done in recent times and I would love to see Beer Money in WWE ... Beer Money would had been the Stone Cold Steve Austin in Tag Team Wrestling and think of the promos and the fans clamoring for this to happen. I heard about this from a friend of mine and he was furious that WWE to let go Storm back to TNA.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri May 13, 2016 9:53 am

WWE Speculation (From a dear friend)

More layoffs from WWE and they could reduce RAW from a 3 hour show down to 2. I heard from a dear friend of mine that they are thinking of moving NXT to Smackdown and go with RAW and NXT.

So, in the future WWE will have two prime-time television shows - RAW and NXT.

No more Smackdown! ... just speculating and I have no problems with speculation.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 13, 2016 12:24 pm

I haven't watched Smackdown in at least a decade I honestly can't watch pre-taped shows. It's too easy to just check spoilers to make sure you don't waste multiple hours of your life.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc