Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Pro Wrestling Topics!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Pro Wrestling Topics!

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:42 pm

Hell. And. Yeah.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:07 pm

WWE keeps screwing things up - I'm shocked to see that Triple H is the new Champ and I feel that this move is horse hockey to me and now I just can't stomach anymore of this garbage.

Triple H is 46 years old and should not been champ. They do a lousy job promoting the younger guys and I feel that they should all leave and leave WWE bone-dry of talent and all that ...

They just don't give what the fans wants ...
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:10 pm

AJ looked like an absolute STAR last night. Instant credibility. And credit to the announce team for putting him over as soon as he showed up.

Triple H...I get where they're going with this. It's all part of the "We're going to get Roman Reigns over or die trying" plan. I just don't think the plan's working. The audience just isn't buying him at this level, and the booking's doing him no favors. They make him sit out half the match when Ambrose and Owens fought through after a Last Man Standing match, so he just looks like a wuss. Even just a moment where he squared off against Brock and held his own would've reminded us that Roman's a tough guy - he didn't even get that!

They should've spent the last year building more top heels, but unfortunately we're where we are. Triple H is realistically a good Mania option at this point. They've taken their time with Owens, which is fine. They're clearly working on rebuilding the Wyatts. They're trying to make something out of the League of Nations, and they're perfectly fine gatekeeper heels to give strong faces some good wins.

The likely Mania card at this point:
Triple H vs. Roman Reigns - WWE World Title
Brock Lesnar vs. Bray Wyatt
Undertaker vs. ? - My guess is Sheamus.
Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho - Intercontinental Title
Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks (possibly also vs. Becky Lynch vs. Paige) - Divas Title
Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn
There's a possibility based on the Rumble of Owens vs. Styles, but I think they're going to do Styles vs. Del Rio, possibly for the US Title.
Some kind of multi Tag Team Title match with New Day going over a bunch of geeks before Enzo & Cass come in (I'm guessing Raw after Mania).
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:26 pm

Ugh, Rock segments have gotten painful the last few years. Might be the worst part of Raw so far.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:40 pm

Undertaker verses Sheamus - this could be the last time that we see the Undertaker at Wrestlemania and if this happen - I will be very disappointed in this.

Fans wanted Undertaker verses Sting ... and that's one match I want to see and WWE isn't going to do this and this makes me boiling mad!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:50 pm

I don't think Sting can go anymore after his injury last fall. I'm ok with HHH having the title because there aren't any other true heels that could headline WM on the roster right now. I'll be bored if it's just HHH vs Reigns. They could throw in Lesnar to make it more interesting.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:44 am

I think Taker vs. Sting would be a disaster with the shape both guys are in. It would never come close to expectations. I mean, in an ideal world I'd turn Reigns heel and have him go over Taker, because at least that's something that brings value to a guy they're trying to make into a star.

If Sting can do another match, though, I'd just have Taker/Sting go over Sheamus and either Del Rio or Rusev. Just to give the fans a decent, feelgood moment.

I love the Rock, but he just doesn't fit in anymore with the goofy stuff. Serious Rock, angry at how his cousin's been treated, that could be something worthwhile

And there's still another chance at Fastlane to call an audible and do the Ambrose/Triple H title match and set up Reigns/Brock for Mania. Much better card.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:13 am

I'd love to see Ambrose get the push since the fans would actually get behind him. But I don't think that sells WM in the WWEs mind. I think HHH vs Lesnar with Brock in a face role is the big ticket match, but could they really put the belt on a guy that isn't there every show again? I still think we'll get stuck with HHH vs Reigns, and maybe Ambrose vs Lesnar? I liked Ambrose coming out and interrupting Lesnar on Raw. I think that set the seeds for a possible match at WM. I think Ambrose getting a Austin/Hart finish where Brock destroys him but Ambrose just won't stay down could really boost him up. Then maybe he's off air for a month and comes back bigger than ever.

My biggest fear is Reigns as champ, and Cena and Orton back sucking up all the oxygen and air time. It's actually been more interesting without them around.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:11 pm

I can see that and I hope that they don't screw up A.J. Styles in WWE and I feel that he has a great future with WWE if he keeps his nose clean and I would love to see him getting an Intercontinental Championship Title and hopefully a shot at the WWE World Title.

Tag Team Division is a biggest disappointment in me.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:31 pm

Only really watching now for AJ Styles. A lot of it feels like just waiting for Finn Balor to show up. Hopefullly that's sooner rather than later, and later rather than sooner for Cena and Orton. Balor Club with Styles, Gallows, Anderson, (and Bayley?) could be epic if done right. Kind of expect a Wyatt Family feud first since that would be four on four. Maybe the Wyatts surround AJ and then Balor's music hits...?
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc