Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:31 am

That sounded very 80s!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:40 am

Yes it was ;) That was a very good Lucky Charms for St. Patrick's Day ;)

Here's this Commodore 64 Commercial :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:02 pm

Computers have come a long way in just 40 years. Must be all that reverse engineered alien technology.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:44 am

Yep, just about everything we have like that maybe reversed engineered :o

Oh yes, I sure recall the McDonald's Changeables. That commercial was quite dnady. They were pretty big to Me back then. I could only find of them in recent times and showcased'em a couple years ago in My special Go-Bot showcase in My Vintage Action Figure Topic :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:
Holy cow, even McDonald's got in on this robot craving of the people as they had transforming food in their Happy Meals :o I believe I had many of them, possibly the whole set but as of right now I could only locate Turbo Cone. Yes, a transforming Ice Cream Cone :batshock: :wwlol: :smsmh:

Here is his cool 1988 Copyright :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:48 am

Funny story how I got to that clip. We started watching Invasion of the Astro-Monster, and the Xiliens space ship made me think of the McDonald's Happy Meal space ships from the 80s that I loved, so I was looking up those commercials when I came across the Changeables. I'd forgotten about that completely animated commercia.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:46 am

That's a very good piece of trivia there PB...cool that you were watching The Astro-Monster when that triggered you PB ;) Wow, I never seen that fun 1986 Chunkamania commercial with Jesse, Piper & Mr. Wonderful. That looked really delicious. I love chunky beef & meaty foods...I could go for that right now ;)

Here's this great fun 80s Commodore 64 commercial with a cool song & graphics :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:38 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:38 am

I vaguely recall Shrinky Dinks but they looked good.

Commodore 64 was big in Australia back in the 80s :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:10 pm

Crikey, those wacky Aussie sure did. Even in 1988!

I think I shared this before, so we'll do two today. I don't care. I had this game as a kid and loved it. They don't make things like this anymore!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:23 am

Yep ;)

Yes, that's the ROTJ Game that I briefly showcased, it was so fun but I never saw that Interactive one before, that looked great ;)

Here's a variant from the other day...amazing to ask the competition :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions