Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:59 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 am

Gosh, I never knew about that Stack-a-Saurus Nex game...that looked fun :)

Here's this Commodore 64 Commercial, amazing prices :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:02 pm

Just $499!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 am

Gosh, Lindsey Lohan in that one and I never seen that Payday before :o Yep, just $499...here's another one :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:12 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:42 am

Dang, that Sega commercial would be perfect for Halloween...it was set up rather well and I loved that they chose Bach's Tocccata and Fugue in D minor. The whole thing was really cool and I never seen that before either :blbat: :blww: :blsm:

OK, I believe that will do it for the Commodore 64 but not for Commodore itself. Here's William Shatner in a 1982 commercial before the days of the Commodore 64 system. He is presenting the VIC-20 system which I believe this is the first commercial of it. I have never had an experience with this VIC-20 computer. Amazing how these competed against Atari & Mattel's Intellivision...so outstanding that this was before the era of Nintendo vs. Sega plus the others from around the time :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:25 pm

It's TJ Hooker!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:45 am

Yes, that's who that was :o I remember that McDonald's, I had some of those Hot Wheels. Those were good times to be a youngster and it was cool when the adults would get in on that too ;) OK now get this...the father/bald guy...that's Thom Sharp. An actor & comedian. He was big in St. Louis. His famous quote was "I'm not bald, I outgrew my hair" :shock: :lol: He was the spokesperson for Boatman's Bank in the 80s to the mid 90s till Boatman's were taken over in 96 by NationsBank. Boatman's had existed since 1847 and was one of the oldest & largest Banks in the entire country. Boatman's was the bank that My Grandma used to go to all the time. I used to love to go there with her when I was a youngster even though I really knew nothing about money except the basics. They were on Broadway & Jefferson. I really liked that area. The people there were always nice, they knew My Grandma and appreciated her (like I said before, My Grandma knew so many people and had many connections back in the day) when they'd give MiMi her funds and whatever else thru the Pneumatic tube cylinders, they'd give Me Suckers on a stick wrapped in plastic of many colors like Green, Orange, Yellow & Red. Anyway. I may talk more this at a later time because there's more I could go on here ;) I recall it like it was yesterday seeing the Boatman's Bank commercials :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

That's a nice story. I thought that guy looked familiar, couldn't tell you where I've seen him though.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:33 am

Thanks PB :) Yeah, he's one of those guys you see but really don't know the name. Ah, Star Wars Arcade, that was a good commercial there. I never got the chance to play it on Atari but thank goodness I played the Arcade game at Showbiz Pizza...I believe that is what truly sparked My love for SW as well as sci-fi in general ;)

Here's this Commodore VIC-20 commercial with William "TJ Kirk" Shatner. I think if I was old enough then I would have been sold on those games, I love those ones like Space Invaders ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions