Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:31 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:18 am

Oh that was an excellent 1995 Ghost Rider Toys Commercial :blbat: :blww: :blsm: :blmm: :blhal: :blbaf: :blaq:

Here's another Westway Ford commercial from 1989, 35 years ago this year with the Warrior...you can tell he isn't the Dingo Warrior anymore the way he face-paint is and he's almost like a zombie here :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:47 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:38 am

I actually never seen nor knew about that 1995 Mattel Hot Wheels Nightmare Alley set before...it looked really cool especially since in 95 there was a lot of neon green, glow in the dark stuff, take that awesome scene in Batman Forever for example :batwink: This set would have been perfect to play with around and on Halloween time, surely there was kids or even adults that did :blbat: :blsm: :blww:

I believe this is the last of the Westway Ford Warrior commercials. Joe Greed is still calling him Dingo despite this is 1989 and he's The Ultimate Warrior now in the WWF no longer in the WCCW :shock: That's cool they were open till Midnight as well :blbaf:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:57 pm

I see your car commercial and raise you one

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:29 am

Hah, how about that, I never seen that one with Dusty Rhodes before, that was pretty cool PB :)

This one ain't got the Warrior in it but I believe this was one of the last Westway Ford commercials as it was 1997. The person that uploaded this says that these commercials were a big part of his life & childhood so that is good :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:56 pm

It's funny what we remember from childhood, especially people around our age because you had fewer channels and couldn't DVR to skip commercials, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:50 am

Yes it is but I've always been one to watch certain commercial if they had My interest if it was toys, something funny or like Westway Ford Warrior ones or the Dusty one you posted and especially stores. That was a nice Carvel commercial, I ain't never seen that one either :)

So when apparently the Warrior was done with Westway Ford or perhaps even at teh same time in his heyday in the WWF. Who was the first wrestler to present Slim Jim in the WWF :?: Nope, if you thought it was Macho Man your wrong...he was the Macho King in 89 so it was actually....The Ultimate Warrior :o I recall this a lot back then :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:50 pm

Coincidentally I bought some Slim Jims for the first time in over 20 years. I was at this discount shop and they had them there and I figured why the heck not? They're not bad. Taste oddly like Chef Boyardee.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:59 pm

I will buy a Slim Jim (or comparable name brand) every now in then at the checkout line. My son loves them so he usually gets them in his Christmas stocking, lol Not sure about LA Knight, though.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions