Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: JRNY to K-Mart Plaza!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Optimus Prime Erase

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:00 am

Here we go with a bonus Transformers showcase and this will be a different one compared to My previous Transformers Generation 1/TFG1. This will deal with My one and only Eraser figure of the franchise. Now I have shown Eraser figures before in My showcases and I don't know what people think about them now cause nobody said anything about My great Panosh Place Masters of the Universe versions and I just can't tell with no replies but I know back in the day in the 80s they were quite popular as there was a lot of toys that were made into Erasers that wasn't intended to be "actual" Erasers. I know I really liked them and I loved to smell them when I was a youngster. I'm not sure if My Grandma or Mom got this for Me nor where. So here's My lonesome Optimus Prime Eraser Figure from Hasbro's Transformers Eraser Series :o He looks pretty decent for his age which he is about 39 years if you can believe that :o One can clearly tell whom he is supposed to be as his sculpting is quite nice and he still has the paint color scheme on as well :batwink:

Here's the 1985 Hasbro Copyright...I don't know why people don't check and even "the experts" on YT never says anything about this regardless of what kind of collectible it may be. I've been doing this since I was a youngster so heed this info from Me... always check for those Copyrights as it's very important to help you identify when your collectibles came out and who made it :)

Here's My Optimus Prime Eraser with My previously seen figures of Prehistory - Ancient Animal Grimlock, Hasbro's Warpath & My go-to guy, Mattel's Prince Adam from within My showcase for size comparison :)

Now here's how he compares with My recently seen Kinnikuman & Wrestling Ring from Mattel's M.U.S.C.L.E. as well as Mel Appel's Weirdball Wrestler Spit Ball plus My Thuggee Goon & Persian Prince I got at Tru-Buy :)

Of course this showcase wouldn't be complete if I didn't show him with another Eraser Figure so here's My previously seen Panosh Place & Mattel MOTU Skeletor which you see how good they still look and how fun they were back in then during much better times in the 1980s. This small display looks really sweet :) Now like many things I showcase are so obscure as they are in a limbolic stage or has fallen to Oblivion but with such few players out there like Myself (so darn pathetic) we're not letting that happen :!:

So that will do it for this bonus presentation of My Hasbro TFG1 Optimus Prime Eraser Figure and I hope you liked it :) Next up will be special bonus of Hasbro's G.I. Joes & REMCO's American Defense, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Joes & Defence!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:54 am

Here we go with My next showcase. It will be a different one. It will focus on a little bit of Hasbro's G.I. Joes and Remco's American Defense so basically a double header that will join each other as the presentation progresses :shock: Join Me as I go down a road of nostalgia & history that you will see so very few people go to :)

Since I am very limited to show My Vintage G.I. Joes, I will be able show off a small amount of what I found recently. I recall it like it was last week when one fine day Me & My Grandma went to Woolworth on Cherokee Street and as usual i wanted to head down the basement of the building as that's where they had their toys. It was huge, about half the size of a TRU and way bigger than any K-B & K & K combined...oh it was great to be at and I'm very thankful that I got to experience that great store as much as I did :) They had an absolute ton of Joes there and that was arguably My favorite section to see. I greatly showcased this second Woolworth location in a massive, 3-Parter located here---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-vintage-action-figure-collection-willow-1988-t1087-310.html. This has always been a very important thing to Me :) So recently I came across a couple items. One that that I found was a Blister Card, this Blister Card is of Croc Master. I always liked the character. Gosh I recall seeing him on the peg and I wanted to snag him up immediately :!:

Important Note: The Flag Point is missing...oh those were such good times when you could collect them and get those special G.I. Joe Offers :) In fact this may have been part to get My special Sgt. Slaughter & "The Fridge" Perry that I showcased a long while back :o

I know some people didn't care about the Cards and just threw them away but to Me they were as cool and as imperative as the figure enclosed. I mean for one it just looks great with all of those effects on there. I've always been a child of "visuals, wonder, curiosity and wanting to know more". I just loved the Bio Cards. I mean reading these made Me feel closer to the characters. I was bummed when Card-backs didn't have the info like this and there was a lot of them that didn't. Croc Master has a very interesting story to say the least :batwink:

Now I mentioned about the graphics. That's another cool feature I liked. I loved how they'd show the other characters to collect in the series. I'd be looking at these for long periods of time hoping to get them :)

Now this series was part of the 1986/1987 Line of G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/RAH which was arguably the funnest of the entire line. Here's the 1986 Copyright. As I always say, check those Copyrights on your collectibles to see who made it and when...I've been doing that since I was a youngster and this is something that the experts don't even tell you to do so do yourself a favor, heed My advise and you'll see how fun and how crucial this is :)

Here's a close-up of the Fully Poseable Modern Army Figure, Interchangeable "Snap-On, Stay-On" Accessories.. Gosh I miss it when Blister Cards would say stuff like that on them...it shows you how darn much things have changed since then and surely I'm not alone about that :roll:

So now here I go with My next G.I. Joe item that I found. This is a fold-out Pamphlet/Booklet that was included with vehicles and what-have-you. It's still in pretty good shape and I have always loved that front Cover :)

While these aren't like Kenner's Action Toy Guides that I showcased previously & recently, they are still loads of fun. First off two of the most key points on there is Croc Hunter and Law & Order which I'll get to the latter in a moment...

Here's a close-up of Croc Master which is really good artwork which some of the all-time best was in the 80s :)

Here's the fold-out Booklet in it's entirety front & back :shock:

So here's some close-ups of all of the great stuff that's within the Booklet which first we're gonna take a look at the Joes first. Here's the Defiant. Oh man I still recall like it was last week when I saw that on Venture's top shelves, I wanted that huge set so bad but My Grandparents couldn't afford it but dang at least I saw that great piece in person :)

Here's more stuff for the Joes including Sgt Slaughter's Renegades and oh man I loved those Accessory Packs too :)

Here's a gander at the figures that was advertised on Croc Master's Blister Card but this time their real and not presented as art. Like I said, this was arguably the best series out of the entire line. For the Joes, look at that Gung-Ho in his Marine Garb. I loved Fast Draw, Jinx, Falcon and Roadblock As for Cobra I just loved that new version of Cobra Commander and oh man, I loved Big Boa & Raptor. There's Croc Master. Those of Viper, Techno-Viper, Crystal Ball & Dr. Mindbender were pretty sweet. I adored that B.A.T.. The Dreaknoks were pretty darn cool as well. Now, with all of that being said...My absolute favorite here was Law & Order and in a short second I'll reveal why :shock:

I have a very special connection with Law & Order because I wanted him a lot. One day I got sick and it was kinda bad but nothing like what would happen to Me in 94. So I was saying to MiMi get Me a Surprise, get Me a surprised to make Me feel better. So when I was able to focus My little young mind she surprised Me with Law & Order either at the hospitable or when I got home. I was quite happy at that time :) See how good My Grandma was, she did so much for Me :( While I cannot show My actual figures of the cool M.P. & K-9, here's a special pic I made from My Booklet :)

So now here's a good close-up of the Cobra section. These vehicles were really awesome. The Mamba was so neat and the Night Raven is extremely cool :batwink:

Serpentor's Air Chariot was great and I loved how they included figures with vehicles. See how man times this modern era offers that now :roll: The Dreadnok rides were totally radical especially Zanzibar and Cobra Commander's Buzz Roar was excellent and I loved those Accessories Packs :batwink:

Here's the 1987 Hasbro Copyright....like I say, always check those Copyrights. Notice it says "some items may not be available till Fall 1987. That's good that they gave the heads up there :batsmile:

Here's both My Croc Master & Pamphlet/Booklet together :)

Next I'm heading toward Remco's American Defense. I have showcased them before but this time I have a new entry :shock:

As I've said before, I really liked these guys more than Hasbro's Joes. I found them more fun to play with and they looked more creative and stuff and it was always fun crossing them over with each other when I was a youngster. Now here's a quote from a while a back when I found one of their Blister Cards :batwink:

BrandonDaCollector wrote:
American Defense - REMCO:. This great series came out in the middle 80s but this particular card is from 1989. I greatly showcased My collection earlier on but I didn't have a blister card to present till now because I just found it only about a short week or so ago in storage :o Look at that cool card :)

So as I said earlier within the showcase of Croc Master's Bio I how I love that sort of thing, well with Remco's Series' they didn't go the extra mile that way and that is such a bummer. I mean yeah, A lot of companies don't do that and if your somebody that's not interested in that and just cares about the figure that's all good but for the few people like Myself that wants more nope it isn't. So they just leave it up to you to make a fan-fiction bio for the characters which is cool in it's own right because back in My day fan-fiction thru the 2000s was a huge exciting thing but unfortunately things have really been sour in so many categories and the side-hobby that is fan-fiction is almost a thing of the past which is deplorable :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: So I decided to go further on the Blister Card and show a close-up of the characters that is shown on there to collect. All six of them look good and have decent names.

Now the thing is, these are made by Remco yes and these weren't just a K-Mart Exclusive but these were actually a property of K-Mart that came directly from their ideas :o Show Me how many big stores ever did that :shock:

Here's the 1989 Copyright...this is from 35 years ago this year :shock:

So recently I was able to find an extra figure in a storage area on Mine. His name is Adamizer and he came out in 1988. He looks really good. I misplaced his Accessories & Helmet but his outfit is still intact and I didn't want to remove it. Here's a good look at him ;)

Here he is with the rest of My Remco American Defense collection that I showcased a long while back along with Olmec's Marc Kaboom Walters from the great year of 1989 :)

Here they all are together with the cool Blister Card :batsmile: :wwwink: :smsmile:

Now as a super duper special bonus, here's both My Hasbro & Remco Blister Cards together showing you a bit of a crossover of these great fun times of the 1980s :)

That'll do it. I hope you liked this and maybe were a bit surprised about My Hasbro & Remco presentation :) Next I look to have a really big special of a great famous series that is long over due, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:08 pm

I don't think I ever owned any of the American Defense figures. I think I was a bit of a Joe snob and thought of them as something less. I did love going to K-Mart and getting some of the small playset/weapon sets that were a part of that collection. Those were acceptable to 10 year old me, lol. Cool seeing them again.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:31 am

Yes, you probably did...many people did I'm sure just like the Transformers & Go-Bot scenario that I showcased before. I've been there done that Myself unfortunately about other stuff ;) Oh yes, the Accessory Packs were great...you couldn't get enough of'em and most of the time it was great going to K-Mart no matter what you were after :) Thanks for checking this out PB, I appreciate it ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:55 am

Also, look at that card back! The '86-87 Joe lineups were amazingly diverse and awesome. Some of the best characters came out. Sci-Fi. Low-Light. Fast Draw. Hawk. Mindbender. Leatherneck. Wet Suit. Chuckles. Crazy Legs. Tunnel Rat. Outback. Jinx. Croc Master. Not to mention, Slaughter's Marauders and something called GI Joe The Movie came out in '87. And those were the best years of the cartoon IMO.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:16 am

Yes PB, that era was one best. I praised it and those characters within My showcase :) I didn't mention the film cause it didn't pertain to what I was presenting but yes, these were great times :) IMO only the 91-92 lines rival this...those were so fun as well :)

I'm not revealing what My next showcase will be until I post it because I wanted it to be a surprised but I'll give you a hint. It came out in 1988 thru 1989. I wanted to showcase it last year but I had probs and not enough time with all My big showcases that I did last year so this will still be an Anniversary for it anyway.It's going be a big one and like I said at the climax of My Joes & Defense showcase, it's long over due. I'm not sure when I will post it as I'm still working on it as well as other great stuff for My Topics so I'll be presenting some great stuff so check around now and then ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: JRNY to K-Mart Plaz

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:43 am

Before I get to My next major showcase I wanted to make this very unique yet quite significant one. While other people, basically 90% of the population in Cyberspace don't think of their past and don't think twice of preserving it, I'm doing it as much as I can because I care about it and I don't want all of those times & memories to fall to Oblivion so this special showcase will be called My Journey to K-Mart Plaza :) I'm doing this because My previous presentation was REMCO's American Defense which was not only an exclusive to K-Mart but it was their brainchild for their Toy Department :shock: As a refresher just go back to My previous one, My content is like so few on the web that's always worth a second look ;)

I've been thinking of this for quite a while now which if you've been following My showcases then you know how important and dear K-Mart Plaza is to Me. I presented & talked about it numerous times and now I wanted to make a special showcase of My Journey to K-Mart Plaza because I remember how We went there all the time like it was last week. I'd usually go with My Grandma MiMi but occasionally My Grandpa PoPo would drive with Us together there but he'd go the opposite direction which I liked that route as well. So from Our great old house We'd go down the street. Here's the cool 7-11 I deeply expressed in My all-crucial Odds & Ends in one of My most imperative showcases...Glory Days of Movie Rentals because for a time you could rent movies there. You can see My extraordinary Showcase here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-odds-ends-insane-keychain-t1176-40.html. My Grandma found two of My all-time favorites there which was House 1 & House 2: The Second Story. Our last meal which was their delicious Nachos, Chili & Cheese came from there as I recall it like it was yesterday as Me & My Grandma MiMi eating on the floor at Our old great home just doors down because We were ready to move to Our new home in August, 1990. As sad as that moment was it was a great one because it was just Me & My Grandma in Our now empty House that We had so many good memories at :) This 7-11 was such a fun location and so convenient to be at :)

So as We turn right a bit down on Morgan Ford, there's Tru-Buy on the left that I recently showcased here in this very fine topic of Mine last year when I showcased My Thugee Goon & Persian Prince and on the right across the street there's where Rainbow Video & The Ringmaker/The Ring Master was. I deeply showcased them in My Odds & Ends as well. I must say that before them and before My time that building used to be Allan's Sports Goods. I never knew him nor his store but I don't want him to fall to Oblivion as so many people in that region has allowed so this is the first time I'm entering him here :)

This is actually the back of the building of where Tru-Buy was as sometimes We'd exit to the Alley. On this street My Grandpa's friends Pat & Marty Brisco lived there across the street. They were married for a long time and had two grown daughters that drove little Suzuki Jeeps. My Grandma was not crazy about Pat & Marty at all. Marty would always want to pinch My belly, he was a big rough man that MiMi said he was like "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan and I kida agreed but in recent times I see that AEW's The Butcher looks like his head-wise with the balding head and the mustache. I haven't seen them in ages and I hope their still around :)

So as We go further down on Morgan Ford, there's Imo's Pizza which is Missouri's famous local Pizza Restaurant. We got them a lot at the old house. If you've never have had St. Louis Style Thin Crust Pizza they your missing out on some of the best tasting Pizza ever...with My Auntie Wanda...if it wasn't Imo's then it wasn't Pizza :!: Next to it is My Father Buddy's Old House. I stayed there many times for My visitations when I was a youngster and while I never wanted to stay there, I did have at least a couple good times there...

however when he was drunk and left Me at the Tavern/Bar across the street from his home and I was there till like after 2 AM, that was it and My Visitations was over...My Grandma made the end to that :o I look back on how all of the situations was with My Father and I would have liked it to been different :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: However if you've followed My showcases you know not everything is negative about him...he gave Me that wonderful Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Movie Poster when he worked at The Kenrick Theater, bought Me a lot of Hasbro's Battle Beasts that I regret not keeping and also he introduced Me to one of My all-time favorite movies Big Trouble in Little China which I heavily spotlighted that in PB's Movie Trailer Topic hence My Avatar for example :)

So as We go down on Morgan Ford We turn left to the area to the former Park. I have always loved that building with the Tractor Trailers. On the right is a fantastic Railroad but that has changed so much over the course of decades already. I loved looking at that and being there when I was a youngster :)

I love those Tractor Trailers. Now this was actually a fairground of sorts when I was a youngster. They had a Ferris wheel and a lot of stuff. I won some items there including some possible knockoff/bootleg Madballs. Later it just became a Park that sometimes Me & My Grandpa PoPo walked to. We didn't go there all the time as which We really preferred Tower Grove Park the opposite direction across the street from his A&M Bike Shop that I showcased in My Star Wars Topic last year :) Now I really don't know what this area is which i why I'm calling a "former park".

So now We're going down the street even further. When I'd see the the big tall apartment complex on the left, I knew We were close as We'd always turn to the right :)

This street used to be a brick road from the old times but they replaced it with your usual modern tar streets and now thanks to them city brainiacs, that history has been gone for at least two decades now and I'm sure guardians of kids within this area never told them this history but I hope I'm wrong about that :roll: Up straight is the way We used to go to the St. Louis Library, it's a magnificent place and I love the structure of the iconic building. I got many memories from that place too which I found My all-time favorite Dinosaur Book there which I will talk about that in time :)

As a passenger I always love looking around town for anything ever since I was a youngster as I've always been a wondrous person wanting to see & know as much as possible. I've always liked to look up the alleys as well and I still do :)

So now We're going toward the street even further...

and here We are...the back way to where so much fun was...K-Mart Plaza on Potomac & Morgan Ford that many great stores was a part of :)

This is where the back of the buildings were particularly Kroger as We drove in thru this back driveway :)

This is what Our local Kroger looked like back in the day before they went out of business before they came back to fruition sometime later.

Recently I showcased My only item that I know I got at Kroger. I recently showcased this last year for Halloween which was a cool MOTU Paint with Water Book. Look at that Kroger Price Sticker on there. I'm so glad I never tore it off otherwise I may have never known that this came from that special location :)

So K-Mart was right next door to them. I was very young at the time but I believe My Grandma would stop in there many times after she'd shop at Kroger or vice versa. I remember it vaguely because Kroger went out before I started to realize things as I got older...

however, there's one moment that I do recall very well. I pointed this out before in My Showcases though I don't know how many people saw it or really paid attention to how special this moment was for Me. Over at K-Mart she got Me the Vintage Kenner Star Wars Dewback which was remarkable because by time I got into SW, Return of the Jedi was already out and stuff. Now if that isn't special enough, one day at Kroger I was in the baby-seat in the shopping cart. My Grandma looked on the floor and said "look what I found Angel" :shock: I recall how ecstatic I was...she handed it to Me, it was a loose Vintage Kenner Star Wars Stormtrooper :o Some poor child must have got him at K-Mart and dropped him or something like that and their parent never looked for it or never knew. Is all I know I was one lucky little boy that day. From then on I always pretended he was a Sandtrooper since he was quite worn-out and I still do as I type this very special presentation :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Here they are together and I so thankful for this :)

There was a ton of other great stuff I got at K-Mart some that I previously showcased which a big honorable mention is My Tonka Willow Nockmaar Warrior on a Horse figure that I previously showcased along with his K-Mart Price Sticker along with many other great stores that I absolutely loved to go to :)

In 1990 she got Me My first WWF Hasbro figure which was Hulk Hogan. It was the only figure they had at the time as they were sold out. The figure next to him Kenner's Scorpion Alien she got Me at Venture in 1992 :)

Now of course there was more than just them in K-Mart Plaza. There was a beauty shop there that I unfortunately can't recall their name, a nutrition store that I believe wasn't GNC and there was a Radio Shack there as well.

While I can't say about the two formers, I can say that I liked going to that little Radio Shack because for one, I liked electronics at a very early age hence Me playing My Mom's Commodore 64. They had computers and stuff like that but I was mostly interested in remote control cars & vehicles and toys like that too. Maybe I really wasn't that interested in them as much as the toys at K-Mart but I did like looking at them :)

However, there was one store that opened a bit later either in 1989 or 1990. It was a good video rental outlet that I expressed a lot in My all-crucial Odds & Ends in one of My most imperative showcases that I have ever presented called Glory Days of Movie Rentals. For Christmas of 1990 My Grandma got Me the VHS of E.T.: The Extraterrestrial & Beetlejuice. She worked her magic and was able to buy them from the grumpy yet good Asian guy that owned the huge Televideo :shock: These were two of My first ever Christmas presents at Our then new House :)

I truly believe that I maybe the only person in existence that has anything from Televideo and if it wasn't for Me keeping these wonderful VHS Tapes and the Televideo Logo Sticker Label on them, they would have complexly fallen to Oblivion...I've done the same with Rainbow Video & Verna's Mr. T's as well which you can see this crucial showcase of in it's entirety right here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-odds-ends-insane-keychain-t1176-40.html :shock: I don't know how people can just disregard and throw away their local history like that...you couldn't pay Me enough moolah to do such an absurd thing like that :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Even though the plaza looks unrecognizable now, this is as close as possible to how it looked like then.

Televideo went out of business in late 92/early 93. It was a sad time about that because they were so cool. They didn't go out of business due to poor business or competition, they went out because the neighborhood was getting worse. As always, you can thank people for things...it's ALWAYS PEOPLE :x So during the last days of K-Mart and basically the entire plaza, Me & My Grandma was going to K-Mart as much as possible as they were hanging on by a very thin thread. One day in 2000 I was so depressed for reasons I'd rather not talk about. I wanted to go out to K-Mart (keep in mind, Venture was already gone for two long years already and Target wasn't on My mind because they didn't have what I was after :roll: She made My day because We went to K-Mart cause I knew they had what I needed...She took Me there and I saw him in the isle, she got Me the WCW ToyBiz Scott Hall Chase Variant :shock: I couldn't believe it when I saw him on the peg, he was My very FIRST CHASE FIGURE EVER :o However this wasn't the big thing I was after, I was after the OSTM ECW figures...I wanted them really, really bad. I saw them there and I couldn't believe it :shock: She got Me the OSTM ECW Shane Douglas who was already in WCW as well as other ECW Figures. I already showcased My entire collection in My Vintage Wrestling Collection so go here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/wrestling-toys-collectibles-f56/my-vintage-wrestling-collection-t1082-60.html. Here they are, two of the VERY LAST action figures and/or items I ever got at K-Mart :shock:

So during that time of 2000 to the mid 2000s it was all gone...K-Mart Plaza was all leveled out for something new. I really didn't know what was going there and really I didn't care at the time because what in the heck could be better than the K-Mart Plaza that I knew for most of My life...I mean really :?: :roll: I believe in late 2004 it was all finished. It was a new a plaza that looked really decent & clean. There really wasn't a ton for Us to do like before but it still seemed familiar however. Even though K-Mart was gone forever, We'd still go thru the back way which I always preferred that way :) So We'd drive around the new building with the nice dumpsters...

We'd turn to the right and there was the new plaza :o

This is soe key stores that We were interested in going to :)

So My number store there was GameStop. I really liked that little store. You could buy Video Games, DVDs & Action Figures. I got a lot there. Next to it was Sally Beauty Supply. My Grandma would get some stuff there and even I would get those clear plastic rubber-bands that is included with action figures...yes they had them :!: Unfortunately both of these stores are gone thanks to the P!amDemic :x Dollar Tree is still there however, We used to go there a lot as well :)

We'd also stop in at the Shop 'n Save there to look at the Vending Machines but We really never had any success there like We did at other places that I showcased in My Odds & Ends. Also because of the P!amDemic,Shop 'n Save was severely going under and like they did to National in the early/mid 90s, Schnucks took them over, didn't re-branded them or anything, just took their money, stock and that's it...all of that history was gone which this has never sits well with Me about Schnucks :roll: So the building was remodeled and became an Aldi which is one of the biggest grocery store chains on the entire planet and this became a "Super" Aldi :!:

Aldi is good but it will never be as special as the Kroger that was once here nor even the Shop 'n Save for that matter :!: Oh and a bit further on the left they built a new Wendy's which that was a nice location :)

I liked looking over to the areas next to the Plaza, I always thought it was so cool :)

As I mentioned a little while ago, My Grandpa PoPo would go the opposite direction, he'd go straight up Morgan Ford and go up the street were Aqua World & The Resale Shop is (I'll talk about that at a later time in My Odds & Ends) and there used to be a Jack in the Box there as well (which I don't recall ever eating at). You can see that it is no longer there in the picture below which a shame that it is gone and also you can see the trees to the area further down where Our old great house was. My PoPo always liked to take the long way and We'd pull in the front of the parking lot. He didn't worry about time, he was always on time for everything, in fact I never recall him late for anything, for his work, taking Me to school, going to the show...nothing...even in his final days :)

So that will do it for this special bonus showcase. I hope you enjoyed it and were surprised about it :) Next up will be a big figure series that has been waiting a long time to become a part of My Topic...until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:28 pm

This is really weird because of two things. For Easter, one of the things we got me son was those wood airplanes you used to be able to get at 7-11 when I was a kid and it made me think of the times I spent summers with my grandma and the 7-11 that was at the corner of her street.

Did you ever have these?

And then on the 31st I had to spend my $5 coupon at Gamestop before it expired, and the clerk said something to another employee about K-Mart, and I said, "Man, I miss K-Mart," and that made me think even more about those times with my grandma because we would often go to the K-Mart be her house, and there was a Pizza Hut across the street. And then in the late 80s they put a Little Ceasars in that K-Mart.

Aaaaaaaaaand...this past Sunday, I was flipping channels and Big Trouble in Little China was on IFC, towards the end when they were getting ready to stop the wedding, so I put it on for a bit and my wife was unimpressed, lol. She was like, this is awful what is this? And I had to tell her. It's a classic. It's Mortal Kombat before Mortal Kombat. And who doesn't love Kurt Russell? But she would've been 5 when that came out and her parents didn't really let her watch cable tv much. I was 8, so I remember watching it a bunch on...HBO!

So this is some weird coincidences

[img]!https://media.tenor.co/images/91db912b921d30f83c454729526d3b3d/tenor.gif[/img]
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:38 am

First PB, I quoted you because you made an oops in your img...that's fine, I make mistakes all the time ;) Now your image is showing up :)

packerbacker180 wrote:So this is some weird coincidences

Yes this is weird :? Seems in a way Our childhood stuff was similar :shock: That plane looks familiar but I'm not sure but I know I had one that was completely made out of foam or Styrofoam and I used to play with that frequently but I really don' recall much about it like who made and such. That's cool that you did that for your boy at a 7-11 :) Yes, sometimes I overhear what people say and if it's really necessary or meaningful to Me I will intervene. Good thing you didn't let that GameStop coupon expire I mean $5 is $5 :o That's something about your times with your Grandma and that there was a Pizza Hut & Little Caesars there at K-Mart :) Huh, about that Big Trouble in Little China was on TV...oh yes...the wedding at the Great Arcade...still one of biggest showdowns in a movie IMO :)

Your wife seems to be an even bigger critic than you :shock: That's wonderful that you said it was Mortal Kombat before Mortal Kombat...that is so darn true and that's one of the reasons why it was a no brainer for Me to get into MK also it was great that you said who doesn't love Kurt Russell :) Sounds like she missed a lot during her childhood and stuff :roll: Yes, I believe My Dad had HBO like I said before...if it wasn't for him I would not be the BTILC fan that I am today :)

As a trivial note about this showcase of Mine...I initially wasn't going to put the 7-11 to Former Park Area and I was just going to start with the big apartments but I kept on thinking gosh Brandon...your not gonna tell how you "really leave" and what areas you go by :?: I was like darn, I'd really kick Myself if I didn't do that because those were some great big crucial memories of Mine when I was a youngster. Also I wasn't going to put how the plaza looks now either as I was going to save that as a part 2/continuation in My Modern Action Figure Topic when I post something that I got at GameStop but I may quote Myself anyway whenever the time comes :) I really miss that GameStop too :roll:

As a side-note I think I will always keep My BTILC Avatar...it was really hard for Me to get it just right :)

That's really good PB that had these experiences, that you shared these trivia stuff with Me PB and that you care about your past and yes, these coincidences are weird ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to General Toy Discussions