Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

MOTU Classics Mantenna

Featuring some of the most creative looking action figures, ever, He-man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power has garnered a huge following since it's creation in the early '80s.

MOTU Classics Mantenna

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:13 pm

I can't wait to get Mantenna next month. This figure has a special place in my heart. I remember when I was a kid and my sister stored her stuff in our basement and one of her bags had her son's Mantenna figure in it. I took it out briefly and thought it was awesome. Then I got called upstairs for something and I forgot about it and when I finally went back to where I had that figure, it was gone. I never saw it ever again. :batsad: Now I get to have an awesomely articulated version of the figure that had eluded me all these years. :batgrin:

MOTUCmantenna.jpg

This could be one of my most eagerly anticipated figures from MOTUC of all time. Getting this figure soon and knowing Modulok and Glimmer are a shoe-in for 2014, I couldn't be more pleased with this line right now. :batsmile:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MOTU Classics Mantenna

Postby abaddon_31 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:39 am

Yeah, he's awesome! Might end up being the best figure in the line!
abaddon_31
Civilian
Civilian

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:16 pm

For me, it'll be between him and Modulok as far as MOTUC goes. POP would be Adora and Castaspella in terms of babe-factor. LOL.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:26 pm

That is some story you got there AcidDragon, I'm glad you finally have him:)

I think he turned out awesome! Can't wait till he arrives next month, he is going to be such an exciting figure to have!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:28 pm

I know, right?? Look at the awesome work they did on his legs. Do you know if they're actually smaller than regular legs or did they actually make a giant hip joint to accommodate 4 full sized thighs??
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:49 pm

I think they are the same size and the crotch piece is just a tad bigger I believe. I know he has cuts on his knee joints which is hidden. He also has those great rocker ankle joints like the female figures have too!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby loolar » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:07 pm

I think he looks great - I hope I'm able to get him day-of. I'm a first time subber for 2014, so I've been trying to catch up for 2013 on day-of sales, and been lucky so far.
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:13 pm

2014 is an awesome year for MOTUC. The announcement of Glimmer, Modulok and Scorpia makes me super happy. Plus it's definitely either having Squeeeze or Tung Lashor so that makes me really pleased. :batgrin:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chrono Grimlock » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:38 pm

I'm really looking forward to Mantenna, so much so that I bought the original one while shopping around in a local yardsale. I picked up most of the classic Horde, sans accessories, to have them stand with their new Classics-ized ones.
Til all are one and one for all.
Chrono Grimlock
Civilian
Civilian

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:33 am

loolar wrote:I think he looks great - I hope I'm able to get him day-of. I'm a first time subber for 2014, so I've been trying to catch up for 2013 on day-of sales, and been lucky so far.

OK, have you bought any figure from Matty before on DOS? I have since 2009 and subbed sinced 2010 and with this experiance I can tell you sometimes it can be quite annoying and very nerve racking. Since the WSOD (White Screen Of Death) is no more, it has been slightly better but this year has been horrible since the Post SDCC sale with all of the errors and red screen crap.

That being said, the DOS for October looks to be INSANE with Mantenna along with the Horde Troopers and several more items. I would try to be there as early as you can before they sell out! I have a sub so they will be shipped to Me but I need another pack of Horde Troopers + Nepthu and The End of Wars Weapons Paks so again, I am sure I'm going to deal with this inanity once more! The last several DOS months have been nuts and this might be the worst of all or at least so far :shock:

Good luck getting Mantenna :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to He-man & the Masters of the Universe