Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Welcome to DC Toy Revolution, Please Introduce Yourself!

Introduce yourself to the community! New members should post here first and a moderator will activate your account and approve your first post!

Re: Welcome to DC Toy Revolution, Please Introduce Yourself!

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:35 pm

Hey Brandon, welcome to the forum! :smgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:38 pm

I'm a huge MOTU/POP fan too, Brandon. Welcome! :wwgrin:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:14 pm

AcidDragon wrote:Hey Brandon, welcome to the forum! :smgrin:

Thanks Aciddragon :D
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:15 pm

Princess_Amethyst wrote:I'm a huge MOTU/POP fan too, Brandon. Welcome! :wwgrin:

Hi there! That is great! Thanks :D
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby tonyrome » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:22 am

Hey Guys, I was invited here, I rarely posted over at the matty boards maybe more here. Anyway, I'm Tonyrome and thanks for having me. Some of you might know who I am, I think the only one here that I talk too sometimes is Webslinger. I have said a few negatives over at matty but only when I get bothered by Toyguru/Matty stuff. I do customize and will be posting a few soon since I was holding off to see if Matty made them.

Oh yeah, Packer, nice customs man, love Nazi, he's on my to do list.
Tonyrome
tonyrome
Partner
Partner

Postby loolar » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:34 pm

Hey all!

Thanks to aciddragon for the heads up; I've been out of commission on the boards for a few weeks and he reached out to let me know about this board. Ironically, last night I finally started going back to the boards I've been neglecting to catch up; Matty's was on the docket for today. I am loolar on fwoosh and MC, and so here as well.

With the demise of DCIE, I was really disappointed and didn't want to wallow in the negativity. However, another big reason for my hiatus was MOTUC. During the subbing period, I had decided to go ahead and get a MOTUC sub. One reasons was getting the 4H Kickstarter birds, and thinking the various Snake characters would be perfect antagonists.

Once I started researching the line, Matt K's excellent photo essays on thefwoosh had me hooked - that guy could photo an egg and make me want to collect it. Check out the "year in review" posts they did for MOTUC 2009, 2010, and 2011:
warning: side effects include foolishly deciding to collect a new line

As a result, much of my time has been spent collecting data on what fair prices are (yay spreadsheet OCD!) and scouring ebay and trade boards to back fill a collection.

However, the bank account doth protest, so I'm on enforced hiatus from that, so it's time to spend my time chatting instead!
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:55 pm

Hey loolar, Tony, welcome to the forum, guys! Really excited to have you here! Also really glad to have other fans here passionate about MOTUC like I am. :smlol:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HectorHall » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:20 pm

HI LOOLAR!
Glad to see you over here, fun site with very helpful admins.
I probably need more help than most :bafspaz:
Don't know what I mean to convey with that smilie....I just really like it.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby EightiesMan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:42 pm

Hey guys! Thanks for the invite, I haven't been on the Matty forums much since our beloved line was cancelled. So since I jumped into the community late over there, I never really got to post an introductory post.

So here goes. I'm 35, and married to a woman who does not understand my hobbies AT ALL, but for the most part she tries. We have three teenage daughters, so I don't get to splurge on my hobbies as much as I'd like to, as a matter of fact I'm sort of on a "toy allowance" budget for the time being...$30 - $50 a month tops. My favorite line of all time is Kenner's Super Powers Collection, of which I have a complete collection. (If any of you are SP enthusiasts, I'd like to plug kennersuperpowers.com, it's an amazing archival website, and I've been a member of their forums for years. Great bunch of close knit friends over there. Love to have more!) I've recounted before that getting Mattel's SP remakes is what got me into DCUC in the first place. I might as well just list the lines I actively collect.

All Indiana Jones. Ever. Kenner, LJN, Disney, Hasbro...I'm literally less than 10 to 15 pieces away from having everything ever made.

Batman: The Animated Series - I have all the basic figures MOC from 1992-1998, I'm going back slowly and getting the deluxe, crime squad, d.u.o. force, etc. I need quite a few vehicles and the Batcave.

Superman the Animated Series - just about have a whole set MOC.

DC Superheroes/DCUC/Signature/Unlimited - I have almost 200. My spreadsheet tells me I have just over half of the collection.

Masters of the Universe Classics - This is VERY casual, I have 30 or so figures...no subscription, just going back and picking them up in order of release (or close to it). I DO have the Castle coming in a few months.

Once these lines are complete I'd like to get the Kenner Dark Knight Collection MOC, and the Batman Returns line MOC, and I'd like to dabble in the Mego DC stuff. I imagine it will be a few years before I worry about any of that.

I also read comics, DC mostly, and for the most part I enjoy the New 52. I love video games also, especially vintage stuff and RPGs. One of my PS3s has full libraries of NES, SNES, and Genesis, and I still love my DS and PSP. I keep a PS2 running along side my PS3 that's not backwards compatible. Currently I'm into Diablo 3 console and I'm looking forward to Arkham Origins.

Whew! Now you know me. I'm guessing a lot of my hobbies will align with you guys.
EightiesMan
Civilian
Civilian

Postby EightiesMan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:46 pm

Wow. I just wrote like a novel as an introductory post and it didn't take. Sucks, haha.

Anyways, glad to be here! Once I muster up the will to post all of that again, I'll let you guys know a bit more about me.
EightiesMan
Civilian
Civilian

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself!