Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Marvel Legends 2023 Top-10 Wanted (Fwoosh)

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Marvel Legends 2023 Top-10 Wanted (Fwoosh)

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:16 pm

Well, Fwoosh is doing their top-10 X-men, er, Marvel Legends most wanted poll again. Even though I'm 95% out on the line I'd still buy several figures if they ever made them. You have until Feb 6th to post your list, so head on over there if you want to vote for Diamondback, or anyone else.

I missed the poll last year, and they actually made a few of the space characters I voted for every year, so I have a few new slots open to think about.

http://thefwoosh.com/2023/01/official-f ... -ten-vote/
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Marvel Legends 2023 Top-10 Wanted (Fwoosh)

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:25 pm

This is my list so far...

Diamondback
Phyla-Vell
Lady Spider
Exodus
Clea Strange, Sorceress Supreme
Beyonder
Troll [Gunna Sijurvald]
Air-Walker
Jack of Hearts
Mockingbird [Classic}

BAF Atlas
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:44 pm

I'd be stunned if any of these got a whiff of the top-10 since none ever were a member of the X-men...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:10 am

That's a good list you have there PB :) I haven't went to the Fwoosh in a long time but I used to long ago. I haven't kept up with Marvel Legends since Hasbro took them over basically. Last time I saw a new one in person was at My local Walgreens you've seen in My Glory Days of Video Rentals and the price was $19.99, same thing with Star Wars and this was around 2019. Its so ridicules. It would be nice if they actually make ones that was never made into a figure before instead of variants and that "what sells" stuff. Well I hope whomever you want get's made PB ;)

By the way, I'm going to post My huge Marvel Collection within this section soon :o It will be mixed with Vintage & Modern and so well over due from Me. I have just about everything figured out. It ain't gonna begin the way you think it will however but it's going to be dandy & sweet :batsmile: :wwwink: :smgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:44 pm

I don't go to the fwoosh forums but I check out their front page for news and reviews. I always look forward tot heir top 1o even if it will be 90% X-men that win.

I'm on the fence with the last few. I've never been a big Dr. Strange fan but I really enjoyed the most recent series that had Clea as the Sorcerer Supreme, so I could put her in there in place of someone.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:32 pm

Ooh, I don't really know Lady Spider, but she's going on my list. Love the steampunky design.

They've done a lot of mine from the last couple of times around - I actually just got in my Longshot and Spiral from BBTS, those were pretty big wants for me.

As usual, I'm willing to trade votes - if anyone wants to vote Troll [Gunna Sijurvald], I'll vote for any of your favorites!
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:40 pm

I will vote for Troll for a vote for Diamondback. Lady Spider was part of the original Spiderman Multiverse storyline way before the movie. She had a pretty fun comic, not sure what they've done with her since.

You know, when I saw a couple weeks ago that they made D&D cartoon figures, I thought of you and the idea that Bobby might be good for a Troll custom, but I'm not sure it would work.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:32 pm

DIamondback it is! She'll be at 6 votes. I just did a quick spreadsheet of the votes so far, and the top ten right now are:
Destiny 33
Wolfsbane [X-Factor] 23
Rachel Summers [Excalibur] 18
Exodus 16
Crystal 14
Iron Fist [Classic] 14
Feral 13
Moondragon 12
Executioner 11
Feral [X-Force] 11

If they fold in those Feral votes together, Angel [Classic] and Banshee [Classic] are both at 10.

Top BAF is Lockjaw at 13.

It's funny you mention the D&D cartoon line, someone at the Fwoosh mentioned (unprompted by me!) that they thought Diana would make a good base for Troll. I don't think it totally works, but I see what they were going for.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:50 pm

Nice to see it isn't all X-men right now, but I would expect that to change unless someone breaks the M'kraan and all the X-men cease to exist in our reality and are instead transported to a world where everyone wears even more pouches and bandanas and Apocalypse ruled or something. Actually, Diana might not be a bad base either, I haven't seen them in person, so I'd have to see how they scale. She's probably too tall, I'd imagine.

I did update my list with Clea and Troll. Did you check out the latest Strange series? It was only 10 issues apparently, but I really enjoyed it even if I'm not overly familiar with that neck of the woods. I guess you could say it's...

Strange to me!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

And you wouldn't be,,,,

Wong.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby OneNineSix » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:48 am

Do you have to be a long time member of Fwoosh to cast a vote or can I sign up now and do it? I don't have my old account anymore and don't remember any of the info needed to recover it.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Next

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion