Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Marvel legends News and Updates

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Re: Marvel legends News and Updates

Postby secondwhiteline » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:32 pm

I hear that. Mostly I look for stuff that fits in my space fighter Star Force continuity (Hela as evil space queen and Heimdall as weird space mystic!), but there's a couple teams and themes I like to add to. New Mutants have joined that list since I started reading that run recently.

I think this upcoming year's gonna be much lighter for everyone. The focus on Age of Apocalypse X-Men waves seems designed to give customers like us a break.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:19 am

secondwhiteline wrote:Dorkside has solo Jean loose if you need her! I'm hoping they put up solo Ghost and Hela, because I really want those.

I looked and didn't see any solo Jean other than the 3 pack... got a link to share?
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Webslinger » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:32 am

There is a little something for everyone, diversity never hurts a toy line. I am glad they are getting to some of the 90's/animated series/retro stuff. Now, will I buy all of it probably not, I will most likely cherry pick a few here and there. Doom is a must for me the New Mutants Walgreens exclusive, Space Ghost Rider (Frank Castle), AoA Morph, X-Men 3 pack (mainly for that Jean Grey) so I will save some cash.... maybe. I have scored already the Wolverine/Hulk 2 pack, Colossus/Juggernaut 2 pack and the 80th Anniversary Thor. All worth the price I paid at retail. That Hulk, oh man what can I say other than what a truly classic look that I have been waiting for a long time for them to make. WORTH IT! The Colossus/ Juggernaut set is great too, I have the Juggernaut from the Baf which I personally think it better. The extra stuff like hands, helmet and head are okay but the real winner for me is Colossus! They hit this one on the head, what a great sculpt and costume selection they used when putting him together. Alternate set of fists and open hands bright silver paint job (which I might give a black dry brush to just to bring out the lines a little, maybe) Then there is the 80th Anniversary Thor... what a great classic version of him with some Alex Ross inspiration!!! I love how they have the inscription on his hammer. "whosoever holds this hammer..." well you get the picture. Great stuff!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:01 am

Yeah, but at the same time it really irks me that they know things like classic Iron Man, Thor, Colossus, are figures people really want so they've found a way to charge more for them without a BAF piece or anything. I mean, put those in a BAF wave with a classic Hulk BAF and I'd order the wave online. But instead they're selling them marked up $5 or more without really much more in accessories. I've said for years that around $20 is my breaking point for figures, not because I can't afford it, but because that seems to be about how much I think they're worth. These 80th Ann figures feel like Hasbro saying we know you guys really want these specific looks, how much more will you pay for them? Feels like a middle finger to collectors if you ask me.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:18 pm

It's weird, because the last time I quit Marvel Legends was because the Hasbro product sucked and the Union Jack wave was out. Union Jack was actually the last figure I bought back then before quitting. Now I'm considering quitting because there's just way too much product out there to keep up with it, much of which isn't even in stores, and there's Union Jack, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:59 pm

So you're quitting Marvel Legends?
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:07 pm

I'm getting really close. Going to pick up stuff I really want like Union Jack and to hell with the BAFs.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:02 pm

I agree there is a lot of stuff coming out but I am just going to buy what I want as opposed to buying everything. Mainly characters I like or have wanted.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:26 pm

Yeah, it's not just the sheer amount of product. It's Hasbro finding ways to milk more money out of you for high demand figures. I mean, I'd like Squirrel Girl, but not by paying an extra $20 for a dumb moped. Or $5 extra dollars for the 80th Anniversary singles, or even $60 for the two packs. Yeah, I get they have a BAF size figure, but it all just feels like a bit of a money grab by Hasbro. And to some degree, it's kind of insulting.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:46 pm

White Rabbit, y'all.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion