Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

McFarlane Toys DC figures

This area is for DC related collectibles that do not fall under the above categories. This includes things like Minimates, Squinkies, Hot Toys, Figuarts, Funko POP vinyls, statues, props, boardgames, etc.

Re: McFarlane Toys DC figures--Frankenstein

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:41 pm

I ignore most of the figures McFarlane puts out, but every now and then they sneak in something interesting. He's a "mega" figure, not sure what that means but he "scales in with the 7" ;ine" so he's going to be bigger. Not sure how much bigger? The price is $39.99, so it'll take a decent sale price for me, but I'm intrigued here.

https://mcfarlane.com/toys/frankenstein-megafig/
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: McFarlane Toys DC figures

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:21 am

Well I don't keep up with the modern action figures anymore regardless of company. Like I said many times before. They all follow suit with insane prices, became generic, making the same stuff and so on. Maybe others don't think so or don't notice but I sure have. I loved the early days of McFarlane even into the 2000s but even they have fallen into this as I think McFarlane has lost his edge when it comes to horrror. I mean he really had some horrific designs & pure creativeness in the late 90s & 2000s...now look :roll:

With that being said, I have no idea either, it's probably their own take on like NECA, Super7 & Jazwares with multiple heads, hands, accessories etc. with a HUGE package to RAISE the price even further. I guess his price isn't that bad but yeah, you could get a deluxe Movie Maniac set in the early 2000s like Alien vs. Predator & Alien Queen, King Kong 33 or even Jaws the Shark for $19.99. Heck you could get his 18" MM for that price too. So amazing that a 7" figure cost $40 now :roll: This DC Frankenstein does look good however. His pic is reminiscent of McFarlane's old days and looks Halloweenish :blaq: He matches the likes of Grundy & Bizarro IMO. Heck, they could be a triple team :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: He could become a super-villain for the JLA or even an ally depending on how you look at him. If you want him I'd wait till Black Friday. I've seen commercials for Black Friday and even Christmas already so see then ;)

By the way, I have 2 McFarlane showcases coming really soon in My Modern Action Figure Topic :shock:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:48 am

It doesn't look like he comes with anything beyond a sword and a stand which is why I wouldn't pay $40 for him. Not sure how big he is though as it just says he "fits with the 7" scale". Online he's listed as 7'2" in DC continuity, so he should be bigger. I'd want him for my DCUC figs, so hopefully he isn't too big. I think anything bigger than 9" or so would make him too large to fit in, but I'd have to see him in person. It's not like Mattel is making one anytime soon.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:28 am

Huh, yeah. Only 1 weapon and just a bit taller than 7". Maybe the price should be way lower then :?: Yeah, Mattel ad their ways :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:35 am

packerbacker180 wrote:It doesn't look like he comes with anything beyond a sword and a stand which is why I wouldn't pay $40 for him. Not sure how big he is though as it just says he "fits with the 7" scale". Online he's listed as 7'2" in DC continuity, so he should be bigger. I'd want him for my DCUC figs, so hopefully he isn't too big. I think anything bigger than 9" or so would make him too large to fit in, but I'd have to see him in person. It's not like Mattel is making one anytime soon.

I've seen him in person and he's pretty massive. I'm not sure how well he'd fit with DCUC, but it's easy to run into him at a Wal-Mart or something if you're worried. If I see him at mine again I'll grab a pic with a figure for scale.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:37 pm

Yeah, I finally saw him in store a while ago. He's way too big for DCUC. I'm not even sure he's in scale for the 7 inch line. Shake because he looks cool but just waaaaaay out of scale. I may pickup the Antimonitor though if he's that big or bigger.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:08 pm

Hah, crazy timing. I just saw him at Walmart and took a picture for scale. I forgot how huge this figure is! Yeah, way too big for DCUC.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:27 pm

I just picked up Anti-Monitor from a Black Friday sale for specifically the DCUC collection. Haha.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:31 am

Oh, take a picture with some DCUC figs when you get him. The images I've seen, he looks kind of small.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:49 am

Will do! I'm just glad he's got his classic look.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous DC Related Collectibles