Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

McFarlane Toys DC figures

This area is for DC related collectibles that do not fall under the above categories. This includes things like Minimates, Squinkies, Hot Toys, Figuarts, Funko POP vinyls, statues, props, boardgames, etc.

McFarlane Toys DC figures

Postby Webslinger » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:51 pm

McFarlane Toys license goes into effect starting January 2020. What figures/style of figures are you all hoping to see? He has said he can make anything based on everything from artists renditions, storylines, Silver, Golden, Modern. So what would like to see?
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: McFarlane Toys DC figures

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:04 pm

Honestly, don't hate me, but I'm hoping they're out of scale, like seven inches or something, so I can mostly ignore the line. I just can't do another line, and I'm pretty cool with what I got out of DCUC still even if some people think the articulation is dated. I'd be down for picking and choosing certain characters, but I just can't invest in anymore lines. The idea of a six inch GI Joe line scares the hell out of me, because I just can't.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:09 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Honestly, don't hate me, but I'm hoping they're out of scale, like seven inches or something, so I can mostly ignore the line. I just can't do another line, and I'm pretty cool with what I got out of DCUC still even if some people think the articulation is dated. I'd be down for picking and choosing certain characters, but I just can't invest in anymore lines. The idea of a six inch GI Joe line scares the hell out of me, because I just can't.

Honestly I think the DCUC articulation is still better than what DC Multiverse is giving us. As far as a G.I. Joe Classics line? While I am not a huge GI Joe fan I like the line and specific characters I'd be down for that. Imagine a 6 inch joe line with todays articulation and a ton of weapons!!! GI Joe fans would jump all over that!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:13 am

6 Inch Joe line would kill me. I spent a fortune just on the 25th/30th/50th/POC remakes. For McFarlane Toys DC, I do hope they'll be in scale so I can pick and choose. If they're not too much of a departure from the DCUC Lanterns, I could see me mixing them up even if they're slightly out of scale because well, they're aliens.

But I can't do like a super holographic ink washed Lantern figure with piping and raised sculpted chest logos. They would just be wasting their time, money and efforts on someone like me because I would not appreciate that at all. I actually like the simple painted on details that the Lanterns have.

Tons of raised details and Nu52/Rebirth style hyper detailing would just look like dog crap to me. Come on, Todd. You know the market. You want to make a buck. You're done with giving a damn about having your spin on things. Flood the market with Batman figures but supplement the long term collector like me with scale compatible figures we didn't get from Mattel. Give us the rest of the Legion. Give us Jericho. Give us Monitor. Give us Harbinger. Give us Cobalt Blue. Give us Max Mercury. Give us all them things.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:25 pm

So I bought a McFarlane “He who shall not be named” figure (mostly for the cloak..haha)

The sculpt is solid but I REEEALLY hope this isn’t the articulation they’re going to use on the DC line cuz it absolutely sucks! It breaks the sculpt something fierce and I can’t speak for the others of that line; but please Todd, don’t make Kindergarten mistakes on the DC line.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:31 pm

Now, I also just bought their Fortnite Pealy the Banana-man figure and haven’t opened it yet, but it looks like a lot better articulation to go with the sculpt; but I’ll get back to you
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:32 am

The more DC Multiverse figures I pick up, the more disappointed I am that Mattel is losing the license. I've been really happy with their recent figures. McFarlane better hit a home run with these.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Webslinger » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:37 pm

I'm sure they will be fine, he has been implementing more articulation in the newer figures so I am sure they will be fine.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:03 pm

They'll be out as soon as Image United wraps up!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:03 pm

Idiot Savant wrote:Now, I also just bought their Fortnite Pealy the Banana-man figure and haven’t opened it yet, but it looks like a lot better articulation to go with the sculpt; but I’ll get back to you

Pealy is a very well made and solid figure! Articulation is sticky but looses after a couple uses; even has an AB crunch, but it doesn’t do a lot due to the “skin”. Absolutely love the banana “skin” quality.

This makes me feel a lot better for their DC license...bring it on Todd.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to Miscellaneous DC Related Collectibles