Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Possible Marvel Legends waves

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Re: Possible Marvel Legends waves

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Oh yeah, angsty punk Dazzler? I mean, I get that it's similar to her Ultimate Marvel look, but in a Lady Gaga/Nicki Minaj/Katy Perry era, you'd think they'd come up with something more cosmic and glam for Dazzler. They should especially play up her glam roots in the wake of Bowie's death, it'd be a nice tribute.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:18 pm

Ken, Agent 13 Sharon Carter's gonna be in the first Cap: Civil War wave that got shown at NYCC back in the fall. I think they're doing a split between her and Mockingbird?

I remember seeing that now. I'm certainly in for both.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:01 pm

I'll get Mockingbird for sure. The only good thing that came out of Secret Invasion was her return (stupid Mar-Vell fake out still grinds my gears). Would prefer her more classic look but I know everyone is modern now.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:03 pm

I'm of the mind that, unless I'm aiming to get the BAF, I'll pass on characters I'm not interested in--namely most of those outside of anything post-90's. I did that with several of the characters from the Spider-man Rhino wave.

Funny thing is, some of the extra characters I'm indifferent about in the BAF waves I buy end up being pretty good action figures as they are.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:49 am

We've got a rumored lineup for Civil War 2
King Cobra
Iron Skull
Captain Britain
Red Guardian
Nick Fury
Scarlet Witch
Captain America
Nuke (which is confirmed)
Crossbones

Interestingly obscure lineup, although there's not a lot of variation in character tone here. I'm guessing SW has to be the movie version. Crossbones probably is too, given they already released one in the Thunderbolts set. Shame there's no Diamondback, since the Serpent Society looks to continue.

Also, no Falcon?
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:14 pm

Woof. Not a good wave at all.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:14 pm

Yeah, it seems like they went for a couple of easy ones with Captain Britain and Red Guardian. I'm sure Scarlet Witch will be a big deal for a lot of people, at least. Thinking Nick Fury will actually be a classic Steranko style one as a nice surprise; they've already done the Jackson version enough.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:12 pm

Captain Britain and Red Guardian are the two I was most excited to see listed, even if they are kind of low hanging fruit in the tooling budget department. Honestly, after so many freaking Samule L Furys it never even crossed my mind that it could be an old school Nick Fury. I'd be all over that even if I think the ToyBiz one was terrific. He needs a David Hasselhoff swappable head, though. I hate the movie figures but realize they're kind of a necessary evil at this point but at least customizing has made them more palatable. Always welcome more female bodies--giggidy. Was Nuke the BAF? Thought that was the plan, disappointing as I remember.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:52 pm

If they do a classic Fury, they need a modern Fury head ( black) and a Life Model Decoy head.

Captain Britain needs to be first appearance--the only one they have not done in 6" scale.

Because.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby secondwhiteline » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:02 am

Yeah, between the number of the movie Furys out there and the likelihood that three other figures here will be movie-based (Cap, Scarlet Witch, and Crossbones), I think there's a good chance that Hasbro's gonna do their own comic Fury. Which I'd be excited about, because I wasn't collecting the ToyBiz ML way back then.

Still really wish this wave had a female comic character, though. And movie Falcon would look great as a figure.

If we get a Hasselhoff Fury, we NEED a Reb Brown Cap.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion