Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

#FreeTheDelete Broken Matt Hardy

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

Re: #FreeTheDelete Broken Matt Hardy

Postby Amulet of Anubis » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:09 am

packerbacker180 wrote:
I think AEW would be fun for Matt Hardy. I'd expect him more to be up against the Dark Order unless they turn them face, which I'm not sure is possible. They teased Dark Order trying to get Christopher Daniels to join, and a heel Fallen Angel Daniels as the "Higher Power" could work but would they do that to SCU? Not sure. Still, Daniels being the Higher Power 20 years after the WWE rumors would be interesting.

I enjoy the Broken gimmick. WWE pretty much neutered it.

AEW ... get Matt first, then Jeff and that alone; I'll start watching AEW!
I'm a close friend of Doctor Fate / Fate of the World and will be assisting him in both Lynda Carter and Super Babes Threads.
Amulet of Anubis
Hero
Hero

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:28 am

He is thinking of retirement and does not want to go back to WWE and I just feel that ROH and IMPACT WRESTLING will not be a good fit for him at all. NWA Power is a possibility, but highly unlikely fit for him. Jeff is uncertain about his future too and he is thinking about retirement too. I'm just speculating here; but retirement probably would suit Matt fine. I haven't not considered AEW at all ... but it would be a bad fit for him because he does not care for Chris Jericho at all.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:33 pm

So Matt Hardy's contract expired in March 2nd. And this was just released at noon today...
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:00 pm

I'm not a huge wrestling fan, haven't followed it since I was 8. So he takes 90 days off after his contract expires? sounds like a mini vacation to me. Or am I missing something?
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:32 pm

Ngawww... AEW...
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:58 pm

Webslinger wrote:I'm not a huge wrestling fan, haven't followed it since I was 8. So he takes 90 days off after his contract expires? sounds like a mini vacation to me. Or am I missing something?

No, 90 days is only if the WWE releases you from your contract early, then you can't go elsewhere contractually for 90 days because a non-compete clause. Here, and with Jon Moxley/Dean Ambrose last year, their contract expired so they are allowed to do whatever they want immediately.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to AEW