Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Transformers R.E.D.

Everybody's favourite robots in disguise... GOBOTS! Just kidding.

Re: Transformers R.E.D.

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:29 pm

Starscream is a top one on my list. I'd actually get all the seekers even though they're just repaints. Also want Prowl and Jazz.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:39 pm

Yep yep. I opened Prime and Soundwave today, the eject button on Soundwave actually works, which was a pretty neat surprose.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:51 pm

Are these worth getting? I’m conflicted about this line
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:46 pm

I think you'd need to see them in person. I really like them, but I've seen some TRA "purists" kind of bash them because they don't transform. That doesn't matter to me. Conversely I've read some reviews that really liked them because they're like Marvel Legends type idealized versions of the cartoon. I just like them because they look just like the animated versions, and the articulation is pretty good. They're going on a shelf, it's not like I'm going to constantly be transforming them or anything, so I'd rather have something that looks exactly like I'd want them to look on the shelf and not transform, as opposed to being able to transform but then not looking exactly like what I'd hope an animated version would look like, so I guess it's like a personal preference. But also, a line I don't see myself going super deep in or anything, especially if they go into Beast Wars and other series after the original Gen1 cartoon.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:38 pm

Honestly, I saw Megatron at Walmart. It looks amazing. I think I might actually get into this line but the pricing is higher here to make up for the import fees, I guess.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:52 pm

I look at them, and I hear the cartoon voices. I love them. Also, my neighbr's dog tells me to do things. Bad things.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:37 pm

So the wave 2 Arcee and Cheetor at Walmart, but that ain't the Arcee I know, and animal robots that don't transform into cassette tapes seem kind of silly to me. It sucks that there's only 5 characters (soon 7) out. You can walk into any Walmart or Target and you'll never know what myriad of Marvel characters you'll find on the pegs, but there's a finite number of these right now and I need more, with a rebel yell, I cry more more more.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu May 20, 2021 2:00 pm

I know these aren't everyone's cup o' bolts, but the rumored next wave is Gen 1 Galvatron and Shockwave (musts) and Prime Optimus Prime and Megatron (passes for me). Nice to know more are coming. Now I just need to find Starscream and Bee who are supposed to be out soon.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:50 pm

I found Starscream and Bumblebee the other day at Walmart. Still digging these guys. They look nice among my modern Joe shelves.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:13 pm

I just saw Bumblebee today and MAN he’s big! I was kinda hoping to throw him in with my MP display but he’s half the size of Prime…Hasbro have completely messed up the scale of this line
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Previous

Return to Transformers