Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Star Wars: My Miscellaneous Collection - Pipe Dream!!!

The toy line from a galaxy far far away! The section for fans of the movies, comics, vintage and modern toylines (Kenner, Hasbro Star Wars Black, etc), the Clone Saga, the WOTC miniatures game and more!

Re: Star Wars: My Miscellaneous Collection - Willow & Indian

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:37 am

Oh Indiana Jones is a great franchise and so fun. However I haven't seen the new one yet, Dial of Destiny, I've got mixed emotions about the newer stuff. I think maybe they should have left The Crystal Skull to be the last one. Dang, 30 years :shock: That's too long to not watch an epic classic like Willow IMO but I know, the time goes by so fast now. Both are in the same vein as Star Wars, that's one of the things I have always liked about them since I was a youngster. Thanks for your reply PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Star Wars: My Miscellaneous Collection - 2004 OT Scores!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:03 am

Here we go with My final Original Trilogy showcase before I begin the highly anticipated Prequels so here is My set of the 2004 OT Movies Soundtracks/Scores that has their 20th Anniversary this year :o

These are remastered and has every note that John Williams wrote for the entire trilogy compared to the totally awesome 1993 SW Fox Anthology Set I showcased last year. This is because this is based from the 97 Special Edition so many new tracks has been included for the first time ever and if your a Movie Score buff like Me then you know how important & fun that can be. However many cues has been altered and changed for those new additional scenes & material. Now when I bought these about 2 decades ago already I didn't get the same feeling about it as I did for My special Fox Anthology 93 Set. Was it because it was it part of the Special Editions because much had changed or times were just changing in general and in My life which I hate change (if your a Capricorn you know how you despise it!!!) but really I think it was a little bit of all the above. Now you just saw My grand showcase of My 2008 Indiana Jones Score Set. While Concord went all out for that special yet Nation-wide regular release, Sony Classical went pretty far too and keep in mind that this came out 4 years prior. So all three Scores has a Holographic Cover which is actually a Sticker that is placed on the front of the Jewel Case but still has an actual booklet. They all sport 2 Compact Discs each that is interactive with PCs and the Booklets becoming Fold-Out Posters. Here we go with My Showcase :batsmile:

Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope. You see that this has a cool great looking Holographic Cover.

Here's the great looking CDs with Luke Skywalker & Lord Darth Vader. Both Discs are close to an hour.

Here's the Booklets/Posters.

Here's a close up of all of the tracks.

Here's the Orchestra credits. Notice the recording dates of 1977 & 1996. Like I said in My very special showcase of My Watch the Skies Compilation Soundtrack.Score in My all-crucial Odds & Ends that I love it when they give info like that. Also notice that Lionel Newman is the Score Supervisor which he is Alfred's brother, he composed the theme/fanfare for the 20th Century Fox Logo which this was huge back in the day :o

Here's the back Cover of the Jewel Case :)

Star Wars Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back You see that this has a cool Holographic Cover and this is arguably the coolest of them all just like the movie score and the film themselves :batwink:

The inside is superb looking. Any SW should want this and if they don't I don't know why :!:

Both CDs are magnificent with Boba Fett & Darth Vader on them. Both are slightly over an hour which goes by so fast :)

Here's the Booklet/Poster along with the Cue list :)

Again I love that they have the dates of the recording on here and Lionel Newman is the Supervisor once again :)

Here's the back Cover of the Jewel Case which looks very good with them AT-AT Walkers on Hoth :)

Star Wars Episode 6: Return of the Jedi. Gosh this looks so cool. ROTJ always looked good :)

The inside of the Jewel Case is decent with pictures of Luka & Leia & Emperor Palpatine on the CDs ;)

Each of these CDs is well over an hour in length at being 73 minutes & 74 minutes plus which is great :!:

Here's the super Booklet fold-out Poster and this one is really neat plus the Track List :batwink:

Here's the credits list along with those important recording dates and once more Lionel Newman is the Scoring Supervisor which again this was quite big during this time. You know how legendary John Williams is now :?: Well Newman had his own legacy back then so it was an honor for a younger composer to work with him :batwink:

Here's the back of the Jewel Case which is pretty good :)

Here's the LucasFilm & Sony Classical 2004 Copyright cause like I always say, those are important and oh...George Lucas produced all three of these wonderful versions :)

SPECIAL GALLERY!

Here they are together with My Shadows of the Empire Score that I showcased before a while back here within this very fine Topic of Mine. I did this because it was still canon in 2004 and would be until the very bittersweet Disney-Takeover which while many plebeians are going gaga over Disney's SW era and not thinking of how great SW was before, SOTE was such a great event being the first ever multi-media project ever of it's kind and nothing has been like it since yest there's so much little about it besides such a few amount of people like Myself which again you can see much of it within My Topic...still this is arguably the greatest SW Score ever IMO :!:

Now here's My three SW Soundtracks with SOTE and My special 1993 SW Fox Anthology together. Still IMO the 93 Fox Edition is My favorite and I recommend it to anyone who loves classic SW and appreciates exciting soundtracks/scores. I mean this was the first time ever they were released SW on Compact Disc and each CD runs 73 minutes + which was quite impressive for that time during the 90s and that fourth Bonus Disc is still the funnest SW feature IMO. I put the 1993,1996 & 2004 Copyrights on My picture because as I always say it's very imperative to check out those Copyrights to check when & who made it and this goes for ALL collectibles which I've doing this since I was a youngster yet so few people heed this, even the experts don't even say how important this is :!: This is such an exciting display and I'm proud (not the way this w0ke generation says & thinks of the word) & thankful to have it :)

Wow, I hope you liked that special showcase of My 20th Anniversary of My 2004 Star Wars Original Trilogy Scores. Next I will have a unique bonus that nobody will expect. It's not Star Wars but it is Lucas and yes it's something that hardly anybody ever talks about anymore which I really dislike as I'm trying make things not fall in further limbo in this modern age. Until that presentation arrives, I'll see you around :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Star Wars: My Miscellaneous Collection - Pipe Dream!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:20 am

So here we go with My special entry for My great Star Wars Topic. This is not an actual Star Wars entry but it is Lucas. It's a video game during the early days before the times of LucasArts when they were known as LucasFilmGames...

These were really great fun times. It was so cool when the LucasFilm~Games Company Store was open. Here's a brief look at one of their Catalogs from the early 90s as you see even though Indiana Jones was taking a hiatus, the property was still there plus they have Star Wars because they were preparing for it's major return coming in hot. Also there you see some of LucasFilmGames' earlier works of Monkey Island, Loom, Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders and Maniac Mansion. Gosh I love this Lucas history :)

So this video game I'm about to present was one of the big hyped up puzzle games of the 80s that nobody talks about anymore...I recall the exciting time when the game was quite hot...it's none other than Pipe Dream :o

Before you see My actual Video Game I wanted to post some of the Advertisements and explain a bit about it. It came out in 1988 which last year marked it's 35th Anniversary :o It was competition for Tetris back in the good ol' days. Like it's opponent, over the decades there was many games that was inspired by it and considered to be clones by the critics. It landed on a ton of computer & video game systems. Really it was nearly an original type of game because there was a ton of stuff that it had that the competitors didn't. keep in mind that when it made it to the NES in 1990, Sega had made their first Columns game so there was even more competition going on there which was really as there was more options of games you could choose from. Here's an original Cover as well at the first NES & Game Boy Ads.

Here's the Covers for the NES. The game was co-made by Bullet-Proof Software in the great year of 1990 :batwink:

Here is the Japanese SNES Famicom Ads. By this time in around 1992 it was also known as Pipe Mania which seemed to cat on much more than than it's original title...quite frankly it didn't with Me :batwink:

OK, so with that being seen & known. It's now time to see My Pipe Dream for My NES. My Mom got it for Me along with a ton of cheap games for Christmas 97 at FuncoLand whom was a sister company with EB Games then merged with Babbages' and this formed GameStop and FuncloLand was gone :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: I introduced them over at My other great topic, My Video Game Collection here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/video-game-figures-strategy-guides-primagen-t1097-90.html and I will continue to do so as nobody talks about them anymore and I never want them to fall to Oblivion like so many things have already and with such a few amount of people out there like Myself, we're not letting that happen :) So here's My Pipe Dream in it's FuncoLand Protective Case/Sleeve :) It's such a decent looking one too I mean just as cool at the official Nintendo versions :batwink:

Here it is out of the FuncoLand Case/Sleeve. I just love the look of Game Cartridges. Today's younger gamers really haven't a clue how darn fun it was being a kid in the 80s & 90s but I'm very grateful to know that experience :)

Here's the Nintendo Seal of Quality, this is something that I always loved to look at. Now by time LucasFilm Games was changed to LucasArts which IMO is more fitting because it can fit within many genres. Look at that 1990 LucasArts Copyright :) Like I say in all of My showcases...always, ALWAYS check your collectible's Copyrights in order to see WHO made it them and when. I've been doing this since I was a youngster being curious and wanting to know things. Not even the experts tell you to check that imperative info and they should because by doing that it really make noobs miss-out on something really exciting but I'm telling you so heed this and you'll be like, wow, this came out that certain year and gosh, this is made by them :shock: That's the way it's been with Me and always will be :)

As special bonus here's three different kinds of FuncoLand Protective Game Case/Sleeves with the first being for the NES of Pipe Dream, second is for SNES with the granddaddy of all FPS Wolfenstein 3D and last being Sega Genesis of Terminator 2: Judgement Day The Arcade Game and this is the first time I'm showing these and I will showcase them further in time. That is really cool :)

Whoa, that was LucasFilmGames/LucasArts Pipe Dream, I hope you liked that and were surprised a bit cause I always try to sunrise somebody one way or another. My next showcase will finally start with the Star Wars Prequels. I'm going to go slow with them as I have a lot of them but I want it to last. I'm not sure when I will begin it. You can check all of the stuff that you may have missed as I'm sure there's a lot or you could just look through My stuff again as My showcases are always worth more than one viewing and don't forget about My other Topics too, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to Star Wars