Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Modern Wrestling Collection: WWE Magazines!!!

Wanna talk about your LJN Hulkster or that weird, skinny body Samoa Joe TNA figure? Maybe you've got some cool wrestling swag? Step up to the gorilla position and snap in to it, oh yeah!

Re: My Modern Wrestling Collection: WWE Divas 2011 Calendar!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:35 am

So here is My next update which is still in the same time frame as My last showcase of My RAC Hogan & Aikman special. As you saw this will feature women and it will be a bit of a refresh cause the majority of this topic has been all men and I love talking about them so let's talk about the ladies for a while :wwwink: This special is of My 2011 WWE Divas Calendar Magazine that I got in around 2014 on eBay cause I regretted not getting it when I saw it at My local Schnucks on Gravois & Hampton (seen in My topics). At first glance this seriously reminds Me of when the WWF used to have their awesome WWF Posters Magazines at the newsstands back in the early 90s. So since the PG Era had to happen thanks to an unfortunate incident that most people do not know the whole shocking truth of in the mid 2000s, the WWE product has been so-so & questionable to many fans including Myself. There wasn't many wrestling magazines back in the 2010s and especially now with some good looking female wrestlers. Well this one is great then I do have My mixed emotions about it and I'll tell you why. Now as a lover of women and not really that hard to satisfy, I am going to be a bit critical within reason here about the Front Cover and it's always been an issue ever since I laid My hands on it and took a gander at that nice picture. So there's four babes here and all of I know. First we have Michelle McCool, Eve Torres, Rosa Mendes & Kelly Kelly. Now when you look at it looks like a really fun Magazine cause there's women here in bikinis. Well really this cover isn't as creative as it could have been cause their all basically blondes, even Eve is of a darker blonde whom is a Latina. I have always been a man of diversity and even though Rosa is a more of Latina, she is a blonde here too (which I think Latina's should stick to their natural black hair color unless you color it Blue like Sasha Banks did, now that matched her skin tone and looked neat & hot, same thing with Black people, that trending red nowadays looks awful IMO) so it looks like all four women are blending and colliding here. I believe it would have looked much better if there was blonde, a brunette, a redhead and raven haired or even more of a diverse selection there this a Asian & Black women featured within this books roster. Since this cover is like this, this screams only one thing at Me and it's screaming Vinnie Mac with Kevin Dunn's influence cause they love blondes (the future Charlotte Flair & Liv Morgan etc.) :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smummm: It was their way or no way. So that is My gripe of this front cover. Don't get Me wrong, it looks great, even in a toned down 2011 that would allow the following years to be toned down even further it still looks quite enticing. I hope it caught at least 1 young teenage boy's attention of wanting women instead of falling for the current androgynous era that is upon us now :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: The price was $9.99 in 2010, the price hikes started threatening then and four or so years later when I got it on the Bay I paid $8.99 with shipping brand new so really I couldn't beat that :) On the price it says please display until 12/20/10, I believe I saw this magazine a bit after that. Take a gander of what I was talking about via clicking My huge pics in a new tab to see all of the details :batsmile:

NOTE: Each month has special WWE PPV dates & Trivia & more :shock:

So first in this WWE Divas 2011 Calendar Magazine we are greeted by Kelly Kelly. I wasn't a fan of her then and I'm still not. Every time I see Alexa Bliss I see a big resemblance here because of her eyes and smile. Kelly Kelly smiled, smiled, smiled, it's really annoying :roll: Beth Phoenix is February and she's better but I was never a huge fan of her either though she does make a good commentator. Ah, March is Maryse, now we're talkin', I loved her then and she's still great. I just loved how cool she is and she has such a great sultrous beauty about her. Her accent is sweet and she easily one of the most beautiful women ever in WWE, dang if she would have won more titles In fact really when you look at her she could have fit in the Attitude Era and I know she would have done fine :batwink:

So next we have 3 Latinas or make that four of'em which I love Latinas :shock: First we have Melina for April. She was truly remarkable for her time here with her sexy splits and her exotic looks but I'm afraid that the time of 2011 was closing in and stuff like that just didn't wow or entice guys anymore and the forced PG Era was not helping one bit. She appears on WWE TV now and then as a Legend of sorts and they really make her a clumsy has-been of a joke out of her and that isn't right :batshock: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Next for May we have the gorgeous Eve Torres. I found her really sweet and such a gifted wrestler. She truly had one of the best bodies yet she really didn't take it quite seriously especially in her last days in the WWE and then becoming an actress :roll: For June is the Bella Twins Nikki & Brie. Like the USOs I never could tell them apart till they no longer became identical siblings due to incidents and whatnot. I really digged them with their "loser" gestures and twin magic gimmick. Nikki was My fave of the two later just not because of his new body shape and the reason how I could tell who was who but also I think she was a better wrestler, more powerful and didn't botch stuff like her sister. In recent times I got so tired of their drama with Daniel Bryan & John Cena (Cena was so stupid & rotten the way he used Nikki) and all that about motherhood and all that bum-steer. I don't give a Rat's @$$ about that reality TV stuff as it just ruins what they established, like they think they gotta have comedy in every film, if I wanted to see comedy I'll watch a comedy...well if I want to see realty TV I'll see one of the Love Island shows Real Housewives or whatever :roll: I must say that they were arguably the coolest female due since the days of Trish & Lita :wwwink:

So moving to July is none other than The Undertaker's wife Michele McCool. I was never a fan of her though she is one of the most impressive female wrestlers to ever step foot in a wrestling ring. She's still got it too, it's a shame she hasn't made a full comeback :roll: For August we have her tag team partner Layla of one of the most dynamic and radical female teams of all-time LayCool that is undoubtedly the true precursor for many women wrestlers today such as Toxic Attraction & the Baddies :!: Layla was a really good one and a totally beautiful Moroccan Brit. She was a very underrated champion as well and really I miss her. Ah for September is Rosa Mendes. Now as I said before in My major Vinnie Mac & Kevin Dunn rant above I do not prefer Latinas to be blonde, they need have their natural darn raven hair. With that being said Rosa was one of the hottest Latinas EVER :o I absolutely digged how she looked and was with her team The Shinning Stars/The Colons. I mean how sultry & exotic she looked and how sexy she danced I mean she was such hot stuff but again the PG Era just ruins this greatness to go any further and I was thinking this even back then how much I missed the Attitude Era :roll: So after this and her nice yet questionable stint with Adam Rose she was really fading away cause it looked like she just wasn't being serious enough in the ring, wrestling like an amateur and not even the likes of a jobber/enhancement talent then she retired, became a mother and all that and that was so disappointing because I thought that she had the potential of so much yet did so little and this has always been a big issue with Me about her :roll:

As October begins Alicia Fox is greeting you. I thought she was really good for a while and it was kinda fresh that she was a black woman which helps along the diversity of the roster. In recent times however her cool lunatic gimmick really fell flat and she was just disappointing cause she'd lose all of matches and act nuts and nothing to show for it :roll: She shows up for a legends appearance (which like Phoenix & The Bellas, its way too soon for that much less to become a HOFer :batconfused: :wwshock: :smummm: November arrives with Natalya Neidhart, I always liked her, just not because she's a Hart Family Member but because she is a good wrestler and has a very unique beauty about her and has a really good personality. However sometimes I really get sick of her losing despite she's calling herself the B.O.A.T. :roll: So the last month of the year 2011 stars none other than Gail Kim which is a great refreshing face since she is Asian particularity Korean which like Latinas, I really like Asians arguably even more :shock: She just didn't look sexy, she was a really a great wrestler but gosh, she really didn't shine as much as she could've in the WWE, that shinning would be in TNA where she absolutely proved she was one of the greatest that ever laced up the boots :!: I don't ever expect her to show up in WWE much less be a WWE HOFer cause she hated her time there and she left on bad terms from what I understand. I loved watching her and miss her sweet wrestling style, her mean demeanor and really there hasn't been anyone like her before nor since :wwwink:

So now it's a bonus section of an extended Calendar of January, February, March & April 2012 which is odd cause many calendars has the previous months before the new year starts :? There's a few unnamed divas including Tamina Snuka.There is the credits which is so far different how it was with the 90s WWF & Raw Magazines. There's the answers to the calendar trivia with WWE HOFers that most are male. The Back Cover shows you all of the 12 Months of 2011 and all the great looking Divas/Women that gloriously was within them which is cool as it shows you what your getting for everybody to see what great stuff is in store for them and so the consumer doesn't complain otherwise :batsmile:

As a special bonus here is 2 of the WWE magazine ad/subscriber inserts that I didn't pull out. One is for the regular WWE Magazine and the other is for WWE Kids. Now I was never a subscriber of these though I was a loyal subscriber to WWF & Raw Magazine for over a decade before the WWE era began as well as WCW Magazine till it ended. I do have a handful of WWE Magazines and as well as WWE Kids. Though I was into My 30s when I got them, it didn't matter what age I was or what age it was aimed for, I still liked them cause it was WWE so I was collecting them. Then Vinnie Mac came up with the brilliant idea to cancel the whole entire publication and I got really p!$$ed off over this I mean WWF/WWE Magazine was arguably the best and most exciting magazine you could look at & read it not to mention feel those wonderful feeling covers :batsmile: He made a ton of bad decisions throughout the history of Titan Sports & WWF/WWE and this unquestionable is one of his worse IMO and what a darn shame that people don't talk about it and the history it had :roll:

So that will do it for this special, I hope you liked it and maybe were even surprised. I will have some more great modern wrestling stuff coming soon. In the mean time you can check out My recent RAC Hogan & Aikman special as well as so much more within this great topic of Mine :) Until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:05 am

Those are actually pretty tame for WWE. Too bad it wasn't an Attitude Era calendar, lol.
Didn't realize Melina and Gail were still with the WWE then, but all these years start to blur together.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:21 am

I know, that's what i was saying in the beginning, with the forced PG era and then 2011 came it became tame as you said which most of everything is like that now :roll: Oh I would have gone bonkers over one from the Attitude Era believe yo Me, a teenage Brandon would have wanted that baby :o There's too many great women to choose from like Chyna, Sunny, Sable, Jackie, Marlena, B.B. Trish & Lita and that's just WWF :shock: Thanks PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Modern Wrestling Collection: WWE Magazines!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:13 am

It's been a long time coming for My next showcase which was too long...so now I have here is My WWE Magazine collection from when I first started collecting them in 2010 and stopped in 2015 due to their cancellation :o

IMPORTANT NOTE: I have talked about it before in other topics. I was a loyal WWF & WCW Magazine subscriber and collector as I have over a decade's worth from 1990 - 2001 but unfortunately I misplaced them but one day I hope to find them and showcase them all in their Vintage Glory :) As cool as the graphics are for these modern Magazines that will one day be considered "Vintage" (which the way things are heading, that could be soon then again these years seem like they were just last week IMO!), they don't have the feel as the WWF & WCW Magazines of the 90s and just aren't as exciting but even with that being so these are still fun and worthwhile...it's a similar situation with the programming on TV while the modern stuff is good...the classic stuff is...more engaging overall.

So here's My WWE Example. I have already shown My first WWE Mattel SDCC Undertaker as well as My WWE 7-11 Slurpee Cups I got in 2010. Well here they are with My very first WWE Magazine from November 2010. I saw The Undertaker on the front Cover and I thought it was so cool and before I knew I was back into the WWE full time :o

NOTE: I got the majority of these at Our local Holly Hills Walgreens & Schnucks that I've showcased before.

2010!

Now you just saw My revealing of the November issue, there's December with Randy Orton on the front Cover plus I recently seen 2010/2011 Divas Calendar Magazine that I missed out on and got it for cheap on eBay :)

So I only got three Magazines from this year of time. Here's John Cena on the July cover acting like All-American Lex Luger 2.0 and the other one is August as Rey Mysterio is on that cover. I got The Best of WWE Magazine. As cool as that sounds, there was so much of the 80s & 90s missing within in it I mean the Early 90s was the absolute funnest especially 90 - 96. Well what do you expect, it's 2011 when things were starting to be on the road to how they are now :roll:

This was such a cool year for just about everything and there was many cool newcomers within the Federation but there was so many teases here and great stuff that was just had it's moments for a while like Tensai, I loved that gimmick yet thanks to the plebeians chanting Albert they basally killed his great unbeatable Japanese monster :x So I nearly got all of the Magazines for this year. Here's January with The Rock & John Cena and March's front Cover with The Phenom The Undertaker :!:

Next is the April Issue with a great Double Cover :batsmile:

Next is Undertaker in May and June's Double Cover :!:

I have the Wrestlemania Book which I never liked skipping these. Cena & HHH is on the July & August Covers.

Mysterio & Orton are on August & September respectively.

Now unlike the prior Double Covers, this one in November had two different covers separately so I gave in to buying two duplicate Magazines so yeah, they cheapo-ed out and got more money that way :roll:

Cena's on December and I got this year's Best of WWE Magazine 2012 as well.

I was quite late getting it all together last year as I had many showcases to fulfill in My other great Topics. So 2013 was it's 10th Anniversary but now it has it's 11th :!: I was able to get EVERY Magazine available for the entire year which was no easy feat believe you Me especially when you severely get hurt and nobody thinks about this until it happens to them. So I look at this collection and really it's incredible to display :) So Team Hell No has a January Double Cover, The Rock & Brock Lesnar is on February & March.

Which April, May & June has four Superstars, The Undertaker & Dolph Ziggler.

July, August & September has Cena, Orton & Ryback.

October, November & December has Daniel Brian, HHH and many WWE Superstars.

I was able to get all three special edition Magazines of The Year in Photos, Wrestlemania & The Most Awesome 1000 Things.

2014 - LAST YEAR EVER!!! 10TH ANNIVERSARY!!!

Cena is January's Cover-boy and I got The Year in Photos :!:

Many Superstars are on the April Cover and The Undertaker is on May's front Cover.

Many Superstars are on the June Cover and Cena is on the July front Cover.

I got the Wrestlemania Magazine which is THE LAST WWE Wrestlmania Book EVER :o I always thought that it was quite strange that The Ultimate Warrior was on the Cover and soon right after the event he passed away :roll: Many Superstars are on the August Cover.

So this IS THE LAST 2 WWE MAGAZINES EVER. The 2014 Year Book was quite something else. Notice on the actual WWE Magazine, they changed the Logo as to how it is now which they did it just in time and that The Shield is no more and that Dean Ambrose has his new look. I took a special picture of the Collector's Item - LAST ISSUE EVER - 1983 - 2014 EMBLEM and the Rest in Peace WWE Magazine, 1983 - 2014 special page that was in the Magazine...that's 31 years :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: It's so amazing how WWE had to come up with the braniac idea, joining the trending times and made this decision of cancelling one of the greatest & most exciting Magazines of ever of all-time :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

2015 - The Special Return!!!

So WWE has a little more oomph as they had a brief partnership with TOPIX Media making a Power Issue and a Undertaker 25th Anniversary Issue. This was a cool special return. I don't know how many people saw these nor cared since the digital & web conditioning was pretty much in affect by now. I thought it was awesome and I had to have'em. December 2015 was truly it for WWE Magazine but I'm glad it had one more hurrah and that I got them :)

2010 - 2014!!!

So now I'm going to show My WWE Kids Magazines. Now even though these are for kids, if your like Me, love visuals & fun then you don't care what age it is intended for and like K-SHE 95 always says, "your never too old to rock :batwink: Like in My signature at the climax of every one of My posts....you don't stop playing because you grow old...you grow old because you stop playing" and I live by that ever minute of every day and I'm very serious about that :) Really, I don't know how many kids read or even looked at these. I never saw one child go for them at the newsstands when I was there so to Me these are for "adult collecting". So these are the two different types of Logos like I posted above when this showcase first began.

I didn't collect these as faithful as the actual WWE Magazines because in My area really only Walgreens had them and they didn't carry them all the time so I got what i could. I acquired some from 2011 to the last days in 2014. It's a amazing how they got away calling that show Slam City because that was the name of Scottie Pippen's Sega Game which look for My showcase of that in time :shock: They used CGI for it instead of comics like previous issues of WWE Kids.

NOTE: They made a special deal in the UK so their are still publishing these overseas :shock:

As a bonus here's 2 WWE Magazine Posters that I didn't use.

Here's some WWE Magazine & Kids Magazine Subscription Ads.

Selected Back of Magazines!!!

This is good for charity and that they are advertising their own programming like they should. WWE Main Event was supposed to be a huge show but of course they had to make it such a lesser one :roll: Remember WWE Slam on the CW :?: They tried to bring back the days of the mornings when wrestling was on in the 90s. This aired during the earl 2010s but it just wasn't working. There will never ever be another time like how it was in the 90s especially in 93 when WWF Mania debuted (you can see My huge Yo, Do you Remember 93 that I featured WWF Mania greatly here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/wwf-wwe-nxt-f52/yo-do-you-remember-the-return-wwf-edition-t1154-20.html

Here's Some of the early WWE Video Games of THQ before 2K took them over.

Here's early ads for the WWE Network and Wrestlemania.

Of course here's ads for WWE Magazine going digital. This was a harbinger for the true fans of the WWE Magazine like Myself and as well for the modern age :roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

ImageImage

I really liked how WWE.com looked at this time. I always loved looking at renders of all of the superstars & personal that was currently on the roster and even the alumni as well. WWE Shop looked ok. That's cute with Cena and little boy talking about K-Mart.

Here's some WWE Video Ads. Seeing that one of The Rock on the left really makes one go gosh, I'd like to go back to The Attitude Era because what the heck happen to make this era so...and that was years ago already :roll:

Here two different ads for best of WWE Magazine 2012, another Digital one but I chose that cause I never took the banner off that shows Nattie & the Funkadactyls. Again there's Slam City.

Here's The Marine 3: Homefront, Dorito's Jacked and to cap it off, WWE 2K14 which was the first WWE 2K entry in the great series when 2K took it over. Still, WWE 2K14 is one of the best wrestling games :batwink:

Well, that is it for My WWE Magazine Collection and I hope you liked it. Next up will be My small collection of PWI and wrestling themed Muscle Magazines...until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby OneNineSix » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:05 pm

I have to say that is one impressive collection of magazines you got there bud.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:17 am

Hey ONS, stay alert cause soon I'm going to post My Various including My PWI and Muscle & Fitness Magazines that is wrestling related. Thanks for checking this out :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to Wrestling Toys & Collectibles