Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:07 am

Hah well that's great :o Yeah, their really milking & pushing LA Knight being the Slim Jim guy, they need to continue with Bianca Belair too :!: how about that Fred Savage in that nice Rice Crispies commercial ;)

Here's a compilation of all of Macho Man's Slim Jim commercials from 1992 - 1999 in WWF & WCW :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:49 pm

OHHHHH YEEEEEEEAH!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:57 am

I never seen that Pac-Man Children's Vitamins with a very young Fred Savage before :o

Oh Yeah, I bet you didn't know who took Macho's place after he left for WCW do ya :?

Well it was briefly "The Beast of the East" Bam Bam Bigelow :o They would only have 2 ads that I recall but they replayed them for a while. Wait till you see who else did around the same time in early 95 ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:01 pm

Hmm, nope, never saw a Bam Bam Slim Jim ad.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:57 am

Yep ;)

Ah, Sgt. Savage. I got into him a little bit, 95 was such a fun year. These were basically the last of the RAH days. They made Savage way taller than the rest of the figures so I always pretended he was a giant and it worked out that way and one day I'll showcase him ;)

OK...here's who else did Slim Jim at around the time Bam Bam did :o

I got 1 more video plus a short bonus clip of how they came to be :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:37 pm

Nope, never saw that either, though I'm surprised Nash would do something for money, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:12 am

That was some OJ Simpson Treesweet Commercial. I never seen that before but like I said in the Zen Topic, I never seen OJ before The Naked Gun.

I didn't think you saw that one either. Here's this one. Now this is actually kind of used via stock footage that's like a variant of one of the Macho Man's as Diesel takes his place. I thought it was really cool that Diesel was doing this and that he was the champ which that entire time was really good IMO...I loved Diesel :) This was the last of the classic WWF Slim Jim commercials and classic ones but of course count what you saw with Macho Man was in WCW,

OK, here's the bonus I was talking about...watch & listen ;)

More Slim tomorrow :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:26 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:46 am

I never seen that Kung Fu adventure set which looked fun...that was Mason Reese there :shock:

Now fast forward in about 2009...WWF is now WWE nd this is who is doing Slim Jim commercials now :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:41 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions