Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:20 am

I never seen that Dispensa before :shock:

Edge is back with more Slim Jim :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:02 pm

I kind of remember those commercials.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:26 am

Amazing how Atari was really more advanced there yet people went for NES :shock:

Here's another one with Edge :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:23 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:01 am

I actually never seen that LJN E.T. Commercial before, that was nice and those figures were too :) I'm very grateful that My Mom got Me My E.T. Storybook & Avon Figure during that time :)

I believe this was Edge's last Slim Jim commercial. The Bella Twins joins him which this is pretty cool. Any thoughts about Edge's time doing Slim Jim :?:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:07 pm

They were amusing. At least they tried to do their own thing. The LA Knight commercial just seemed like a bootleg Macho Man. But Randy will always be the Slim Jim guy.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:22 am

Yes they did and I'll get to LA Knight soon enough :shock: Gosh, that was a good Winston B&W Flintstones there :shock:

Now it's 2012, WWE is really milking the PG Era and has been very mild for a while now. Here's this WWE Slim Jim commercial that barely has Slim Jim in it which darn this makes me miss the times of the classic WWF & WCW action packed chaotic ones and even the ones with Edge :roll:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:02 pm

I never really watched the Tribute to the Troops episodes, they always felt like house shows.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:04 am

I know what you mean, I used to watch them for the extra wrestling fun when I could. Holy KOOSH, that's Topgana :batshock: :smgasp: :wwwink: That was a cool girl ad of Koosh. Gosh I loved them, I loved to feel & rub them Koosh toys, heck I still do ;)

OK, here's this other WWE Slim Jim Tribute to the Troops commercial. At least Slim Jim actually has a little presence here. Gosh I miss how action packed the ones in the 90s were :roll:

Now tomorrow I'll start with the ones with LA Knight & Bianca Belair which those are actually pretty good and reminiscent of the classic ones :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:43 pm

Yep, that was TGIF collection of girls with Steph from Full House. and Larisa Oleynik who starred as Alex Mack. She was also Shawn's girlfriend in a couple episodes of Boy Meets World. It's actually funny because I was thinking of doing a succession of TGIF shows because it seemed like every single series had a storyline where they went to Disney World (I hope Biran Peck didn't tag along, of course, he probably knew people there) but I couldn't find clips from a few of the shows online like Step by Step. Maybe someday, but I know Full House, Family Matters, Step by Step, Boy Meets World, Roseanne, pretty much every 90s ABC sitcom had a DIsney trip at some point.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions