Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Beware the Batman Cancelled??

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Beware the Batman Cancelled??

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:29 am

Can anyone tell me what this show is like? It hasn't aired here yet, but it looks pretty good despite some initial negative responses on Youtube and the like. I have my Beware the Batman figure in my Pile of Loot at the moment. :smsmile:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Beware the Batman

Postby Strathaar » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:05 am

I really dislike this show. Like massive dislike. I gave it four episodes and gave up on it. The animation is poor. It's written terribly. And the voice work leaves much to be desired. Of all the Batman cartoon series, I'd put this one dead last.
Strathaar
Rookie
Rookie

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:10 am

Really? I keep hearing mixed opinions about this show. Some people think it's downright amazing, and others hate it to death. It's a bit like Brave and the Bold and the Batman. People seemed to either love those or hate those badly. To be honest, I think Brave and the Bold was one of my favourites. I loved all the obscure Golden Age retro-references.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Strathaar » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:46 am

BATB was terrible animation, but it was funny as all get out. And they honored Ted Kord so it gets props.

The Batman started off shaky but when they brought the JLA in the latter part of the series it was a class act.
Strathaar
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:45 am

"Beware the Batman" has probably the worst animation quality I've ever seen...stories are "blah" although I do enjoy listening to the Bats voice actor, kinda hope Ben goes this route and not Bale's hoarse version. And Mattel's Batman Unlimited figure is (although spot-on to the animation) the worst toy I've had the displeasure of calling a toy; if I was you I'd cancel that thing.

I didn't like the Brave and the Bold animation at first, but then loved it cuz it was funny and easy storylines and the best part is they meant to do that...as soon as I realized that, which was the first episode, I was hooked...flashback to simpler stories of yesteryear!

No matter what they come up with next, nothing will beat Kevin Conroy, Mark Hammil and the original animated series; those are by far the best voice actors (dare I say, overall actors) for those iconic roles.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:59 am

I agree with you on the DCAU voice actors. I was delighted to see Kevin Conroy, Arleen Sorken, Adam Baldwin and Mark Hamill reprise their roles in DC Universe Online. :batgrin:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:07 am

I got through one episode and quit. Animation style just wasn't for me. Didn't care for the design of Batman much either. Shame because Marvel and DC had real winners in my book with Young Justice and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and the stuff the replaced them with are just sad shadows of what was. I don't even watch the current crop of super hero cartoons, though Ultimate Spiderman is the only one I found remotely viewable.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:01 pm

Beware the batman has horrible animation, but I dont think the story is that bad. I caught a lady shiva episode, and I was thoroughly entertained. I dint care to much for the animation on JLU, but they won me over with story. BTB certainly has the ability to win me over just the same.

That being said, I agree with young justice and Avengers. Two of the best written cartoons, just fantastic. So sad to see both of those go.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:24 pm

Young Justice is probably one of my favourite shows of all time, not just animated superhero stuff, but overall. :smgrin:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Hmm. I like what I've seen so far which isn't a lot although I agree the animation is kind of awkward but it might grow on me if the stories start to pick up.
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Next

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies