Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Idiot Savant's Customs Image Gallery

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Idiot Savant's Customs Image Gallery

Postby HectorHall » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:27 pm

The Batcave is absolutely amazeballs. I really like the character selection I am seeing in your customs. Lashina stands out from the crowd, IMHO, thank you for sharing...p.s. I wont tell Emma if you don,t tell Madeline i used her Squinkies ball.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:39 pm

Haha...agreed!

Thanks for the compliment! Just bugs me that I haven't been able to put it back together yet...still trying to sort out where to put that thing!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:45 pm

Think you'll ever consider taking on a Wayne Manor accompaniment to that awesome Batcave dio? Hehe, I know Wayne Manor isn't as cool, but it could be a cool place for an Alfred/Gordon/Wayne/Tim Drake custom display. :batgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:54 pm

I have been thinking about that from time to time...keeping my eyes out for a large Fisher-Price home at rummage sales for the starter manor...

Otherwise I'm thinking about the Hall of Justice and/or Daily Planet rooftop diorama
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby HectorHall » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:00 am

For whatever it's worth, I would love to see your take on the Hall of Justice. That would be my first choice for a diorama, followed swiftly/concurrently with the Legion of Doom's Swampy, helmety, headquarters.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:02 am

Thanks Hector, I'd like to see my take on the Hall too!

That was the plan when we lived in our previous house; Batcave on top and the Fortress of Solitude on the bottom of one scratch built table. That table is still at our old house (that we still own and will be putting back on the market February...so I'll have to get it after the tenants either buy the house or move..)

I had another beast of a desk down there too that I was using to build the Hall on but because of the move and it not being what I wanted it to be. I did something the Legion of Doom never could; destroyed it!

I guess that makes me a super-villain!!!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Custom Red Lantern Zillius Zox

Postby HectorHall » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:50 pm

Idiot Savant wrote:I needed to try something different and not your regular sized figure

Ingredients:
- plastic soft ball
- sanded and sculpt applied over the entire thing; detailed in the face area
- sculpted the teeth
- added 3 Marvel Legends Arnim Zola BAF legs and super-glued to underside for a tripod effect
- added Marvel Legends Terrax BaF arms that are plugged into the ball/body and can still move
- sculpted the raised logo base on his head and applied a printed RL logo

4261028028_image.jpg

The scratch sculpting on his head is insane! great detail, really pops out.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:41 pm

Thanks Hector!

Yeah he was an entirely different way for me to approach making a figure; much less from scratch! I saw other guys using those foam craft balls and doing something similar, but I was afraid that if it got dented it would look horrible so after some serious contemplating, I decided on the plastic soft balls and set out to find a single or least ball-packed...ended up with a 2-pack

Think it turned out ok
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:04 am

Hopefully this will work...here's what the whole shebang looks like from afar; hard to take a proper full picture of it due to the support beams in the way...
image.jpg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Avalon » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:14 am

Great stuff, Savant. I love that batcave. I bet that took forever!! I'm really impressed. :batgrin:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs