Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

10 years TODAY!!!!!!!!

Post special events like conventions, online events, get togethers, etc.

10 years TODAY!!!!!!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:15 am

All year I've been keeping track with My date of when I originally joined this great board. Everyday when I'm on here I see My Avatar area and see the date I joined and now the time is here :) Now that day is today, it's September 26, 2023, I joined this forum on September 26, 2013, this marks My 10th Anniversary here :o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Now I have had My hiatus' here and there but that was due to personal stuff however I came back :)

So how & why did I come here is the first place :?: Well, I was recruited by AcidDragon that same year on the Matty Collector's Forum because he saw that I was into & collecting MOTUC & DCUC and thought I should join his new message board. I checked it out and I saw that it had major potential of being fun. I don't know if he had attempted to recruit others because it seemed like I was the only one that accepted his invitation. I recall people there like Abaddon & Celsius. Abaddon only posted twice :roll: Since Matty Collector's demise I have lost contact with everybody there and by then not being here made it even more, well you know :roll: So if you have been following Me and see what I do, you know that I work hard on My showcases and trying to preserve the past as much as I can because it's so important. Well, there really isn't a ton of history I can do when it comes to Matty Collector when it comes to detail for detail. I wanted pics of the Forum and it's members but I couldn't find anything. All of that is gone and what a pity that is. It had some good moments there :roll: I was simply known as BrandonTheMattyCollector. I was there since the page launched till it's very last day :roll: Here's just a bit of the Matty Collector Homepage & News & Info page the way it looked all those years ago :)

Matty Collector 1.jpg

Matty Collector 2.jpg

Matty Collector 3.jpg

Now the very first MOTUC topic on here was started by AcidDragon and it's located here --->http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/he-man-the-masters-of-the-universe/any-he-fans-she-ravers-on-here-t38.html This is My very first post on the very day I joined :o

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Oh yeah, you better believe that I am! I am as a big hardcore fan as you can get! I love everything MOTU from the Vintage figures to Filmation to MOTUC :!: In fact MOTU is THE ONE that love. I'm a Star Wars guy and Trekkie but there is nothing like MOTU IMO! It is such a special and exciting thing to be a part of!

Now see , I went back. I don't have issues going back to old topics and looking for older stuff and I never want to miss new content and going back to that really brought that decade of time back to Me. I have evolved since then however as you can tell with My showcases, spotlights and the way I do things overall. Sometimes I surprise Myself and really I hope with what I post is also surprising for whomever sees My work as well as makes them have a little excitement for at least a moment ;) I plan on to continue bringing more great showcases for a long time to come, some that you may not expect as well as being a daily contributor to the ongoing topics that PB has created because they are fun and they are ways for Me to talk about the stuff I know, don't know, reminisce and all that jazz :batwink:

Well again, it's hard to believe that it's been 10 years on this very day that I've been here at DC Toy Revolution/DCTR since I was recruited. Sometimes I wonder where the heck the times went. That's all for now :batgrin:

HUGE NOTE: I joined at 6:15 AM in 2013....I just posted this at 6:15 AM on the very same day in 2023 ten years apart....what the heck is the odds of that :? :o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: 10 years TODAY!!!!!!!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:55 am

Hard to believe it's been a decade around here already. I'm glad you're around though or else I'd be talking to myself around here most days. I looked out of curiosity, and I joined Aug 27th, 2013.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:41 pm

Man, what a walk down memory lane. I can't believe it's been 10 years. I'm blown away. :smgasp:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:02 am

Thanks guys :) PB & Acid, I was wondering if you guys were gonna do an anniversary for yourselves but I didn't want to miss Mine and Acid, yes, I'm all about that stuff ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to Special Events